Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

The Florida Keys

So, my wife and I are heading down to the Keys for a little more than a week - 4 nights on Marathon, four nights in Key West. Any tips, bar/restaurant recommendations, or some lesser known things to see or do? Its our first time there.

Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

This is all I got

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #3
bryce
High School Varsity

My wife and I got married in Marathon at Tranquility Bay - the Butterfly Cafe restaurant there is fantastic (but pricey). We also enjoyed the food at the Island Fish Company and Sparky's Landing. I can't remember which is which of those two, but one of them has a cool bar vibe also and is where we had our rehearsal dinner; the other is right on the water of a canal so has nice views.

As for Key West. It's a madhouse, an absolute tourist trap. We had our one night honeymoon there and were glad we spent most of our time in Marathon. Marathon is more 'locals-ish' - lowkey, laid back, etc - whereas Key West felt like New Orleans on meth to me. Just frantic, madhouse, people everywhere, hard to move. We rented bikes to peruse around but had a hard time navigating the narrow streets with all the traffic. But there's an amazing restaurant on an island - they boat you out to it, no bridges get to it - with incredible sunset views. Had to look it up, it's called Sunset Key. Pricey, though, again, about $200 for a couple.

Have fun. Good times down there.

Last edited by bryce : 05-24-2014 at 07:52 AM.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Key West has a local scene that is more laid back.
Unfortunately I cant remember names, I have a former customer who had a beach front place there. We stayeed with him a couple times and he made sure we all got shit faced and had fun
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
My wife and I got married in Marathon at Tranquility Bay - the Butterfly Cafe restaurant there is fantastic (but pricey). We also enjoyed the food at the Island Fish Company and Sparky's Landing. I can't remember which is which of those two, but one of them has a cool bar vibe also and is where we had our rehearsal dinner; the other is right on the water of a canal so has nice views.

As for Key West. It's a madhouse, an absolute tourist trap. We had our one night honeymoon there and were glad we spent most of our time in Marathon. Marathon is more 'locals-ish' - lowkey, laid back, etc - whereas Key West felt like New Orleans on meth to me. Just frantic, madhouse, people everywhere, hard to move. We rented bikes to peruse around but had a hard time navigating the narrow streets with all the traffic. But there's an amazing restaurant on an island - they boat you out to it, no bridges get to it - with incredible sunset views. Had to look it up, it's called Sunset Key. Pricey, though, again, about $200 for a couple.

Have fun. Good times down there.

We're staying at Tranquility Bay too -looks great.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #6
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
This is all I got

Oh how they have aged

The lead singer still sounds good though IMO