Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2000, 01:07 PM   #1
kblodget
n00b

Post I have mastered fof 2001. 9 bowls in a row from beginning

If you just want to see how long of run you can put together here is how. I have done this twice and won 7 in a row and quit and followed that with 9 in a row and still counting.

The hardest part of this is that you have to pick Arizona as your team. They get the best coach and best scout to start off with every time(a bug I have let JIm know about) Atlanta get second best so if that makes you feel better go with them. However, Arizona is a nice growing city and with help your finances. THey want a new stadium.

You must choose the draft a new team. When choosing the position values here is what you do. When I say click that means click on the bar and it automatically moves is up a couple of positions.

QB click once and then drag it UP just a little bit more
RB- keep it in the middle.
Wr- click up once then drag it DOWN a tad
OL-click up once
Kickers- ALL the way to the bottom
Dl - drag up a little
LB - THis will be lower. THis positon and the kicker are the only ones below the middle.
secondary- keep right in the middle

NOtes to above. Linebackers and kickers and secondary are easy to trade for. Running backs do well with the good line you should have. Make sure qb is the highest ranked, followed by in this order off. line, Receivers and Defensive LIne.

Going all the way to the top of the sliders will not help. Whatever one has the highest rating(Qb in this case, will be your first pick in the draft).

For the second area
Starters click up once
Potential click down once
Everything else I would keep the same

Make sure you get either R. Johnson, Warner, Petyon or Bledsoe as your Qb. You want Warner(better accuracy than manning), Peyton is second choice. You can trade Johnson or Bledsoe to get the other two unless they begin as a fan favorite.

Next go to team roster screen and sort by salary. Go through everyone and negotiate for anyone that is requesting a lower salary. MAKE SURE YOU NEGOTIATE. Often they will take lower than the asking price.

NExt go to scout overview on the roster menu. Sort by contract ending date. Go to the bottom(and you will do this every year) and see who is in their last year. Write all of their names on a piece of paper. Make sure the game is saved at this point. Go to offer trade and shop all of the players on your list. You may have to reload if the G.M. get tired of your requests. Write down under each player, in order, all of the teams interested.

Reload the game you had previously saved.

Look at the players and the teams that are interested. If any one team is at the top of a couple of those lists scout that team. Look for a player(linebacker or secondary preferrably) and make a deal. Do not hesitate to give up draft picks. THey are not of great value. I do like to keep a third round each year. Someone always slips through in a category that you have an excellent scout for.

NOte to above. Go to the Franchise screen and click Franchise value. Click on ROsters and check the teams at the bottom of this list. If they are on the list of teams interested in your players try and get their first pick(only if they have a bad quarterback). DO not hesitate to give up a player your first pick and a couple of seconds. A pick in the top five is the only one worth having.
NExt, upgrade your kicker and punter. Make sure you get Wade RIchey, Jason Hanson or Mare as your kicker. You always have to offer your own in the trade as well. Punter you want Blaine Bandridge or Craig Hentrich. Make sure you sign these guys to a longer deal if they are in there last year.

GO through the Free agents and pick up what you can.

Repeat this every year. Do not keep guys in the last year if they are rated good or better. Unless you cant get anything good for them.

When playing in the playoffs always watch the games simulate. SOmetimes you may have to call your own plays. If it is tight you may want to run a play on the fourth down. A pass is best the computer expects a run. I usually do a 3wr(in whatever my best offensive package is-- See game plan and expertise)and run the tight end on a short curl or slant and the wr ON the same side as the te with a look in or curl or slant.

Hope this helps and see you in the super bowl.

kblodget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 01:15 PM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think I can guess what the responses will be, but I'll start with this:

Everyone is entitled to play the game however they like. If you enjoy playing in the manner you just described, good for you and have at it. Thanks for sharing your tips, and have fun.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 01:20 PM   #3
kblodget
n00b

I agree. I have other things I do as well to challenge myself. That is why I began my message with "If you want to see how long of a run you can put together here is how."

Personally I like switching Franchises and rebuliding. That is usually a good challenge.

I play a lot of FOF.
kblodget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 02:26 PM   #4
Hunter
n00b

Of course my personal belief is that calling plays at any time is cheating. Especially since everyone knows about what the AI will be expecting each down.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote