Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #101
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Though I guess I got off on the wrong foot as I wasn't expecting camp. With a guilty pleasure like Psyche I expected it from the start and am okay with that.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #102
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Maybe I'll learn to embrace the camp but don't think I will be able to with the lead character (and his mom).

Though Fiona has her moments. It's weird with her. She's not what I would call hot and there are plenty of times that I wouldn't look twice at her but once in a while there are moments where she makes me do a double take.

My opinion of the show is exactly the same as Albion, I had a lot of fun watching the show for a really long time, the last season they tried to get serious to wrap up the story and it was awkward.

I dunno how much time I'd suggest you give the show if you don't take to it fairly quickly. They solve a case a week, advance the main plot with Michael wanting to find out who burned him. There's some spy tricks narrated by Michael, Bruce Campbell being Bruce Campbell, and Fiona blowing shit up while everyone acts like she's 100x hotter than she actually is (I like her character but agree w/ you on her level of attractiveness). I found all of this extremely fun, so that's all a positive. But if it doesn't work for you, then you're not missing a ton here.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #103
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
dola: Though I guess I got off on the wrong foot as I wasn't expecting camp. With a guilty pleasure like Psyche I expected it from the start and am okay with that.
I liked it, but it's your typical light USA network fare. I think those shows are fun as a guilty pleasure one hour a week, but I'm not sure how well they'd hold up to Netflix binge-watching.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #104
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I loved it. But I did embrace the camp. The last season, IMO, went way downhill because the show decided to go darker and take itself more seriously. But the early campy seasons I thought were a lot of fun.

That's my feeling as well. Show was fun as hell for the first few seasons, probably started going downhill for me when Carla was killed off and then really lost interest after Nate was off as it just got too serious for it's own good. Still haven't watched the final season yet.