Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2003, 12:50 PM   #1
44Niners
In The Penalty Box

Good addition - suggested improvements

I traded up in my first draft and selected a talented QB for the future.

He has been holding out now all the way through training camp and the first two weeks of the season.

The good – I think this is an outstanding addition and adds a lot of realism.

The bad – I am limited in the offers I am allowed to offer him. I have tried all 4 available offers and he won’t take any of them. In this case he is my QB of the future and would not have played that much this season anyway. However if lets say I drafted a T I needed to start right away there should be an option to overpay him, or at least hear what he wants. Also I considered trading him, and trading him is not an option. I really believe trading of hold outs needs to be added, as this is often the solution with hold out players.

44Niners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 04:32 PM   #2
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

I haven't had this problem yet, and I'm kinda disappointed. Here are some explanations:

1) I started with an OPU and am still far, far under the cap (at least $40 million).
2) I let the assistants sign the draft picks until training camp. So far they've signed everyone past the 1st round.
3) Then I come in personally to ink the last deal (i.e. I turn off letting coaches sign players).
4) So far I've always given our draft pick the least years available at the most money (the option on the far right). And it's always been accepted.
5) I haven't had any draft picks above #15.

Though I'm a tightwad in other ways, getting people to camp on time is important to me. One day maybe I won't get what I want, and that would be a good thing.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote