Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

MyFootballNow - new online sim - in full public release!

Greetings! Some of you probably saw my post from last month about the public beta release of MyFootballNow (http://www.myfootballnow.com). We've been having a lot of fun and I want to say "thanks" to everyone who has participated. The game engine has improved quite a bit thanks to the feedback of our beta testers.

I'm excited to announce that as of today we are officially releasing the full release of MyFootballNow! If you signed up and were unable to get a team, log back in and check out the available leagues. New leagues will automatically be created as existing leagues fill up, so there should always be a league that you can join.

To see some of the features of the game, visit the online tour.

I hope you enjoy the game, and we'll see you out there!

jdavidbakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

will definitely check it out!

edit: Took Arizona in the MFN-2

I like the gameplanning sliders.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 07-29-2013 at 08:46 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

This looks really well done. That said, I am not really one that plays these browser games with countdowns and such.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I am not really one that plays these browser games with countdowns and such.
I'm not really following you here. What's the difference between having a countdown that you can see and a regular ol' time limit like you'd have in an FOF or OOTP MP league that was simmed by a human?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I'm kind of curious on position switching and free agent filters. I just filtered on "Left Guard" and sorted by FUT, and the top guys are Kickers and WRs. For example, there is a 5'11", 187 lb WR that is 25/62 as a LG, because he can develop really good run blocking?

Maybe something is off with run blocking? A receiver can get good at it, but that's blocking DBs mostly, maybe the occasional LB. He'll get pancaked trying to block a DLineman or most LBs.

Or am I misreading the whole thing?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Took Indy. I assume all the teams are fairly young? I'm rampant with rookies to 2nd year guys. Loads of potential, but not much to start. Made a trade offer with lighthousekeeper just to see how it works. I'll give it a season and see how it goes. Some neat features.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I'm kind of curious on position switching and free agent filters. I just filtered on "Left Guard" and sorted by FUT, and the top guys are Kickers and WRs. For example, there is a 5'11", 187 lb WR that is 25/62 as a LG, because he can develop really good run blocking?

Maybe something is off with run blocking? A receiver can get good at it, but that's blocking DBs mostly, maybe the occasional LB. He'll get pancaked trying to block a DLineman or most LBs.

Or am I misreading the whole thing?

What's happening is all the good players are already on teams, so it's giving you the best potential LG's who remain. The position changes are not hidden as they are in FOF, you know exactly what the new ratings will be before you make the change; therefore, searching by position will generally disregard the player's current position. The "FUT" rating considers the player's maximum potential, including if they bulked up to the correct size. (I will probably change that so the future assumes there is no weight change, but haven't as of yet). It's unlikely that a 187 lb WR will reach 62 for his LG rating because he's way too small.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Took Indy. I assume all the teams are fairly young? I'm rampant with rookies to 2nd year guys. Loads of potential, but not much to start. Made a trade offer with lighthousekeeper just to see how it works. I'll give it a season and see how it goes. Some neat features.

The initial teams are created actually with a tone of whether the head coach will choose younger players with potential or older players with high current values - when the coaches are created they are given a random weight as to which direction they will favor. The younger teams will generally have a rougher start than the older teams, but the younger teams will be more geared up for longer-term success.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavidbakr View Post
The initial teams are created actually with a tone of whether the head coach will choose younger players with potential or older players with high current values - when the coaches are created they are given a random weight as to which direction they will favor. The younger teams will generally have a rougher start than the older teams, but the younger teams will be more geared up for longer-term success.

Yeah, I'm loaded with vets. Which is a nice way of saying New England has a bunch of old guys on its roster...
Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavidbakr View Post
What's happening is all the good players are already on teams, so it's giving you the best potential LG's who remain. The position changes are not hidden as they are in FOF, you know exactly what the new ratings will be before you make the change; therefore, searching by position will generally disregard the player's current position. The "FUT" rating considers the player's maximum potential, including if they bulked up to the correct size. (I will probably change that so the future assumes there is no weight change, but haven't as of yet). It's unlikely that a 187 lb WR will reach 62 for his LG rating because he's way too small.

Makes sense. Yes, it would be good to have an improved filter for this.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
MikaV84
n00b

Im up for giving it a chance for a season too. Seems like a lot of FOFC guys in the league. I got the Packers.
MikaV84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #12
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I'm not really following you here. What's the difference between having a countdown that you can see and a regular ol' time limit like you'd have in an FOF or OOTP MP league that was simmed by a human?
Call me a snob, but in the browser it just feels cheap to me. Although the game looks solid from the screen shots and videos it doesn't have the feel of a game when it's in the browser. Can't tell ya why I think that.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Signed up for New Orleans (of course) willing to give this a go as I typically like browser games (Hattrick, Powerplay Manger, some baseball and football one a few years back that never really took off)
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #14
MikaV84
n00b

A lot of good things so far. Surprisingly mature interface, and a surprisingly non-terrible on field representation. Real potential here...

...but there's no way i can justify spending money on the game at this point. The on-field stuff is so far removed from what football should look like. As i said, great potential here, but i dont think it's currently feasible to ask for money from it. I will play the free season, have fun with it, and keep my eyes on future developments on the game.

What do the other FOFC'ers on the MFN2 league think?
MikaV84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

I wanted to post an update on MyFootballNow.com - we've made a lot of improvements and will continue to do so. One new improvement we launched this week is the ability to play for free - you can be in one league at a time if you are willing to put up with the banner ad at the top.

Hope to see you guys up there!

MyFootballNow - Professional Football Management Simulator
Old 10-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #16
RendeR
Coordinator

I just took over teh New Orleans team. I'll give it a go.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #17
Galaril
Pro Starter

How about single player game like this damn! Just anti social MP games
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #18
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Anyone else in MFN-2?

I'm CAR, and lost week 1 to STL 28-13
Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #19
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I am in MFN-2.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
RendeR
Coordinator

Had a great week 1 game against Tampa, 35-13. My RB rang up 215 yards and 2 td's.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #21
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

I want to thank everyone who has participated in MyFootballNow during the 2013 football season! I received a ton of awesome feedback and the game has improved so much. Thank you!

There are currently 3 leagues running, one league that is 2 players away from starting the 2015 season (MFN-2). If you haven't checked it out yet, or if you did back when it first launched and it didn't feel complete enough, we'd love to have you come back and try again. And if you feel like there are areas to improve, let me know! It's free to play in a single league. Hope to see some of you up there!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #22
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Looks like MFN-2 has the min players and will likely sim the first stage of free agency tonight, but still has openings for anyone else who wants to join.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #23
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

I am also in the MFN-2 league and am the Houston owner. We will be looking to improve upon our dismal 5-11 record. I wish I could swap teams and grab the Packers now that they are open.

Last edited by Cork : 01-07-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #24
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

The MFN-2 draft is shaping up nicely for Houston. We will get one of our top picks at the tackle position.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #25
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
The MFN-2 draft is shaping up nicely for Houston. We will get one of our top picks at the tackle position.

I had my eye on Renteria, but with the 21st overall, I knew I had no chance. I'm happy that LT Rubio was still available, however.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #26
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Rubio was our number 2 choice. We were hoping against hope that he would slide into the second round.