Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013 (Windows/Mac/Linux) - Beta/Pre-purchase Monday

In case anyone here is interested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISD Paul
I would like to announce that we have set a release date of 10th June for TB2013. As we have mentioned previously, it will be $19.99 to new customers, but for all of you that own a previous version of the game you will get a $10 discount so you only pay $9.99.

In addition to this I will be starting the pre-sales and opening the game to public beta on Monday 20th May 2013, with all those pre-ordering the game able to download and test the latest Beta build.

The game is currently at "Beta Release Candidate 2" and if no further serious bugs are found this will be the released version.

So all of you that can't wait to get your hands on a copy of the game, come back Monday and join the Beta testing.

* Availible on Mac and Linux as well as Windows for the first time
* New skining system with new look&feel
* New fight graphics
* Improved synchronization between fight commentary and action display
* Improved table sort with custom column selection
* Integrated note/memo/bio editing
* Added importing of fighter CSV files for bulk changes
* Tracking of fighters earnings on fight cards
* Lots of little GUI tweaks and improvements

More information, screenshots and purchasing link (not live until monday) can be found here:

TitleBout Web Site

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 05-18-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm looking forward to this. They've been working on it for quite a while. I remember back in the late 90s trying to help the Trunzos out when their developer at the time bailed on them.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
ozias
High School JV

This looks interesting.

A few questions...

Are you running a gym and promoting the fighters? or are you scheduling the fights and watching them? or are you the "Manager" of the fighter(s)?

Can you add yourself as a fighter and work your way up the ranks?

Is this something that you can "play multiple years", ie., the fighters age and retire and new fighters come into the league?

I did read the "About" section from the link you provided, but didn't see any of that listed there.
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

No, right now it's still a historic replay sim for the most part. You could do what you want with some work on your part, but the game doesn't do most of that stuff for you (it does age fighters and keep rankings). The main purpose of this release was to move it from the old code to the same system OOTP uses.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Do you actually control the boxers strategy during the fight or is it pretty much just watch?
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think I own every version, plus the computer TKO Boxing, plus the old Avalon Hill Title Bout board game, so I guess I'm in. lol

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozias View Post
Are you running a gym and promoting the fighters? or are you scheduling the fights and watching them? or are you the "Manager" of the fighter(s)?
As sabotai correctly indicated its a replay sim at the moment - the idea is that a future version of the product will be a full management game (but it has to start somewhere etc.).

Quote:
Can you add yourself as a fighter and work your way up the ranks
Is this something that you can "play multiple years", ie., the fighters age and retire and new fighters come into the league?
At the moment most of this thing is 'manual' rather than the game doing it automatically.

(one thing I know Paul who's made this version is after is feedback on exactly how people want the management side of things to work when its implemented)
Old 05-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
As sabotai correctly indicated its a replay sim at the moment - the idea is that a future version of the product will be a full management game (but it has to start somewhere etc.).

At the moment most of this thing is 'manual' rather than the game doing it automatically.

(one thing I know Paul who's made this version is after is feedback on exactly how people want the management side of things to work when its implemented)

Start somehwere? Hasn't the game been out forever
Old 05-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #9
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Start somehwere? Hasn't the game been out forever

The original was released quite a while ago - however this is the first version with it ported across to the new engine, the concept is by doing so it'll allow it to evolve forward more easily and also potentially be brought onto other platforms in the future (you might notice its already available on Mac and Linux as well as Windows for instance).
Old 05-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
The original was released quite a while ago - however this is the first version with it ported across to the new engine, the concept is by doing so it'll allow it to evolve forward more easily and also potentially be brought onto other platforms in the future (you might notice its already available on Mac and Linux as well as Windows for instance).

Yeah ,I was just kidding. In the current version, do you just watch a fight or do you have any control?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah ,I was just kidding. In the current version, do you just watch a fight or do you have any control?

You have the ability to pick a strategy for the fighters for each round. The fighter is rated on the ability to do it, and whether or not they even listen to you at all.

The series is pretty good, but has fallen very far behind most other sports text sims in recent years. I will continue to support it of course, but certain aspects need to be made easier for alternate universe type stuff.

It's very good for one off, or fantasy bookings.

Like Steam?

Old 05-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
You have the ability to pick a strategy for the fighters for each round. The fighter is rated on the ability to do it, and whether or not they even listen to you at all.

The series is pretty good, but has fallen very far behind most other sports text sims in recent years. I will continue to support it of course, but certain aspects need to be made easier for alternate universe type stuff.

It's very good for one off, or fantasy bookings.

Thank you...since there are no other boxing games out there, I'll likely give a shot...unless there is something else out there which I am unaware
Old 05-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
PilotMan
Head Coach

As a boxing simulator, yes it's the best around. However, I think WMMA does a much better job of being a game. By game, I mean, fun to play, has a challenge, and you can watch the world develop around you without to much effort. It's MMA based, but you have the ability to create a company with strict boxing rules if you so desire. It's apples and oranges really, but I enjoy what WMMA brings to the table more.

Like Steam?

Old 05-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #14
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
As a boxing simulator, yes it's the best around. However, I think WMMA does a much better job of being a game. By game, I mean, fun to play, has a challenge, and you can watch the world develop around you without to much effort. It's MMA based, but you have the ability to create a company with strict boxing rules if you so desire. It's apples and oranges really, but I enjoy what WMMA brings to the table more.

Are you able to control the fighter during the fight? And what exactly is this game, you have a link? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #15
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Are you able to control the fighter during the fight? And what exactly is this game, you have a link? Thanks!

No again, you run an MMA company. You make the fights and so on, compete against other companies. Like a General Manager would.

Grey Dog Software

Like Steam?

Old 05-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #16
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
No again, you run an MMA company. You make the fights and so on, compete against other companies. Like a General Manager would.

Grey Dog Software

Gotcha, thanks...don't any of this games allow you to have some control during a match Seems like a mis-opportunity.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think they lean more toward "Thinking Man's Sport" rather than simply button mashing. Much like you would see with FOF, FM or OOTP.

Like Steam?

Old 05-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
I think they lean more toward "Thinking Man's Sport" rather than simply button mashing. Much like you would see with FOF, FM or OOTP.

I guess I wasn't thinking button smashing like a console, but at least being able to identify strategy and have some impact on the outcome of the match. I certainly don't want a console game for sure.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess I wasn't thinking button smashing like a console, but at least being able to identify strategy and have some impact on the outcome of the match. I certainly don't want a console game for sure.

Well in that regard you do have that to some extent in TBCB with the in between round strategy picks.

Thinking about the future of TBCB, I wish they would go back and look at what the newer version of WCBM did right in regards to managing and training fighters. Along with setting up appropriate fights for their skill level to encourage their development. That's the kind of game I want to see.

Like Steam?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sadly still no career sim option. Each of the last couple versions we would be told that would be the next version. I guess next version is like tomorrow.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah. I'm disappointed that aside from the game being rewritten it looks pretty much the same as the last iteration. I was hoping for integration of tools to create and run a universe. Sadly, it still looks like that will have to happen outside the game.

Like Steam?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Sadly still no career sim option. Each of the last couple versions we would be told that would be the next version. I guess next version is like tomorrow.

One is definitely on the horizon - Paul's only just taken the codebase over from Andreas and converting it to the new platform has helped him understand how it operates which is vital in taking it forward ...
Old 05-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
One is definitely on the horizon - Paul's only just taken the codebase over from Andreas and converting it to the new platform has helped him understand how it operates which is vital in taking it forward ...

There will also be a lot of community involvement, which Paul has proven to be very open to. I think good things are in store down the road.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #24
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
There will also be a lot of community involvement, which Paul has proven to be very open to. I think good things are in store down the road.

Is he HQing that over at OOTP or somewhere else?

Like Steam?

Old 05-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #25
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Is he HQing that over at OOTP or somewhere else?

OOTP, but the game download, beta at least, is on the PISD website.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #26
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

In case anyone was waiting - pre-purchasing is now live .... and as soon as you do so you'll get links to download the current beta version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul
Its available now from:

TBCB Development Website- TB 2013 PreOrder

Remember this is a beta build. If you find any major issues please report them here and one of the Beta team will enter them into the bugs database for me.

If you have a licensing issue please check out this FAQ before reporting your issue:

P.I.S.D. Forums ? View topic - Welcome to Webstore Support and Some Common Answers

I would like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to the Beta testers and everyone else who has helped me get the game this far...

Enjoy!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Sadly still no career sim option. Each of the last couple versions we would be told that would be the next version.

Yeah, it's been frustrating because each "next version" ended up in the hands of a new designer and/or developer, who released an updated version without many new features to get it set up for more features including a "career" option....only to then give it to a new person who ended up doing the same.

OOTP Developments Sells Title Bout Championship Boxing to PISD; New Release June 10th - Operation Sports

It's now in the hands of PISD (who did this one). Fingers crossed, hopefully this time it happens (although, personally i"m happy with it the way it is as I've gotten more interested in historic sims, but a RP career option is needed to grow the fanbase and sales..)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #28
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Oh btw in case anyone is interested - Paul released TitleBout on iOS came out recently; grab it from here:

Title Bout iOS

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 12-28-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #29
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Oh btw in case anyone is interested - Paul released TitleBout on iOS came out recently; grab it from here:

Title Bout iOS

This is a nice app if you enjoy the game. Most of the same options are available on the IPad version and it is only $1.99.

I would recommend to fans of this series or people that wanted to play this game for a very small investment.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote