Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #52
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I wish you well. We should start a long term injury thread on fofc for dealing with this crap. Kristen would have to moderate it though. She puts my little surgery to shame. (A big thank you to Kristen, I appreciated the insight)

Just keep your attitude up. Easy to say, hard to do obviously, but use your friends, family, fofc or anything else you can.

I appreciate the good wishes. I'm sorry that you didn't get the news you wanted but it sounded promising all the same.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #53
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Great news, Troy!

Looking forward to hearing you're putting 100% weight on it in 4 weeks.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #54
TroyF
Coordinator

OK, so four weeks later, back at the docs office today.

100% weight baring allowed. I must use a cane for 4 weeks while the leg gets stronger. The leg feels great, but putting 100% pressure for too long causes some pain. I need to ease back into things.

I've been walking this morning using the walker as simply a balance device until I can get my stride back to normal. It feels VERY awkward. No idea how I felt as a kid, but I feel like I'm having to relearn how to walk again. My stride is way off of what it should be, leg is stiff (even though I have full flexibility). It's just really strange.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #55
PilotMan
Head Coach

Glad to hear that you are back up and moving around again, and feeling good doing it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #56
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
OK, so four weeks later, back at the docs office today.

100% weight baring allowed. I must use a cane for 4 weeks while the leg gets stronger. The leg feels great, but putting 100% pressure for too long causes some pain. I need to ease back into things.

I've been walking this morning using the walker as simply a balance device until I can get my stride back to normal. It feels VERY awkward. No idea how I felt as a kid, but I feel like I'm having to relearn how to walk again. My stride is way off of what it should be, leg is stiff (even though I have full flexibility). It's just really strange.

Right on!

Meanwhile, in 5 weeks, I get to have surgery #17. Or 17/18. Or 17a and 17b. I have yet to figure out what to call them.

/tk
Old 10-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #57
TroyF
Coordinator

Never, ever, never break a hip gang. There was a scare where they thought the bones weren't healing the way they should. But, finally, today, I got word that the surgery was 100% successful. The bone has healed 100%. I have 6 weeks of therapy and I should be able to return to normality. As it is, I can walk without a cane now and can do whatever the pain allows me to do as long as it does not involve running or jumping.

It's been over 5 months since the golf cart fall, but it now looks like it will all be ok. And I get to keep my real hip. WOO HOO!!!!

If FOFC were a bar, I'd say drinks were on me. Instead, I'll just wish all of your favorite football teams success. ********

******** Unless the football team in question is Notre Dame, Alabama, or the Oakland Raiders.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #58
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Great news

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #59
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well! I read this article last week, and it doesn't sound like a fun injury to endure...

Could Modern Medicine Have Saved Bo Jackson's Career?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #60
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Great news!!!!

/tk
Old 10-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #61
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well! I read this article last week, and it doesn't sound like a fun injury to endure...

Could Modern Medicine Have Saved Bo Jackson's Career?

Interesting article. I know they were concerned about the blood vessels surrounding the hip and the doctor felt if any of them were to have ruptured I could have lost my leg. He said there was a 30% chance the ball of the hip would die due to no blood getting to it.

I could not walk after my injury. I was on the concrete laying on my right hand side. My left leg was about 5 to 7 inches shorter than the right leg and my foot was rotated to the right and could not be moved. When I swung my body to try to get up, all I ended up getting was a ton of pain and the left leg did not move an inch.

I fell at about 5 pm. Xrays were taken around 6:30 PM, was told I would have surgery within an hour at 7 PM and was in the operating room at 7:30PM. I came to a little after 12 AM and had my first therapy session at 8:30 AM. I cannot believe it's been over 5 months now. I am going to go to the driving range this weekend.