Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #151
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Washington outplayed Stanford. Stanford is lucky to have come out with a W. I actually feel sick for udub fans. Their team played a great game.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #152
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Washington outplayed Stanford. Stanford is lucky to have come out with a W. I actually feel sick for udub fans. Their team played a great game.
Great in two of the three phases, but the Huskies were just awful in kickoffs/kickoff coverage, and ultimately that's what cost them the game. Ty Montogmery is a helluva kick returner, no doubt, so he deserves some credit there. But the Huskies didn't even make him work on that opening kickoff return TD - terrible job by them of filling lanes. And they weren't much better on the 68 yard return that set up Stanford's final TD.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #153
Butter
Coordinator

That pass completion overturn at the end was awful. I saw it last night and have no idea how you can say that was conclusive about anything, unless there was another angle we didn't get to see.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #154
HerRealName
College Prospect

I just saw a couple of interesting photos of that controversial 4th and 1 play in the Northwestern and Ohio State game. On the overhead camera positioned behind the play, the yellow first down line was a full yard off. It should have been drawn at the 33 yard line but it was rendered at the 34 yard line instead. The sideline angle had the yellow line positioned correctly. I know that line is inexact but I didn't know it was possible for it to be in a different location depending on the camera.
HerRealName is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #155
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
I just saw a couple of interesting photos of that controversial 4th and 1 play in the Northwestern and Ohio State game. On the overhead camera positioned behind the play, the yellow first down line was a full yard off. It should have been drawn at the 33 yard line but it was rendered at the 34 yard line instead. The sideline angle had the yellow line positioned correctly. I know that line is inexact but I didn't know it was possible for it to be in a different location depending on the camera.
We picked up on that during the replay review. On that overhead angle where it looked obvious NW made it the center was snapping the ball over half a yard in front of the yellow line. Overall, I leaned towards him barely getting it, but there was no angle to overturn the spot on the field.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #156
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
That pass completion overturn at the end was awful. I saw it last night and have no idea how you can say that was conclusive about anything, unless there was another angle we didn't get to see.
While I think it was a trap, I also don't see how the evidence presented was conclusive enough to overturn the call on the field. And it really stings that it was a situation that effectively ended the game.

Larry Scott still has a lot of work to do improving the officiating situation in the Pac-12.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #157
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Really impressed with Fitzgerald as a coach, but I'm not sure how high the ceiling can go at a place like Northwestern. tOSU has 10x the athletes that NW did, especially in the trenches. Seems like at every snap the LOS was being moved 2-3 yards in Buckeye direction. I cant believe they hung as tight as they did.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #158
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

NW basically has to play a perfect game, which they almost did, and OSU have a subpar game, which they kind of did. Being at NW obviously helps. They just don't have the talent pool to be a top tier team. You could see the sheer difference in size and knew that was going to play a factor as the game wore on. They may just have to continue to build it and eventually get more and more kids to go there. Right now if you are a kid in the Chicago area, NW is at best 4th on your list with ND, OSU, and Michigan close by. It would help if they could get a signature win or two so they can say, "See, we can beat those guys" and sell that to recruits. In terms of Big Ten gameday staffs, I would put NW in the Top 3 with OSU and MSU.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #159
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
While I think it was a trap, I also don't see how the evidence presented was conclusive enough to overturn the call on the field. And it really stings that it was a situation that effectively ended the game.

Larry Scott still has a lot of work to do improving the officiating situation in the Pac-12.

The solution is to put Glasses Ref in charge of Pac-12 officiating and have him ref as many games as possible. With Thursday night games, really and late kickoffs he could probably work 3 games each week of the season.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote