Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #51
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
no real slowdowns? I also have a 4 but I'm still unsure if I'll upgrde or not...

FM

I haven't noticed any slowdowns at all. In fact, like CU Tiger's wife, I feel like it's even a bit faster with some apps.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #52
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I haven't noticed any slowdowns at all. In fact, like CU Tiger's wife, I feel like it's even a bit faster with some apps.

ok, good to know. Might be tempted to update mine.

Speaking of which, my wife decided, out of nowhere, to update her iPhone 5 yesterday around 11:30pm. She never deals with it, usually never updates apps but she said she was tired that her iPhone had gone "slow". No clue what that meant but she launched the update when I was sleeping and I woke up to an iPhone 5 near my 4 with a paper on top that read "tried to update iOS, piece of crap! iPhone doesn't work anymore HELP!!!"

sigh... She's only 45 but sometimes I feel like she's 75. Seriously, she's borderline technophobic. Oh, she loves her iPhone 5 now that she's used to it. Turns out she was having some problem either with net connection or WiFi, which would probably have been corrected by a simple reboot (she never shuts her phone down). Anyway, phone was perfectly fine, she just freaked because it said "hi" with my name after that. I have both our phone hooked to the same iTunes account to share apps and such. I once told her my password but she didn't remember last night...

Anyway, few steps later she had a newly updated iPhone 5 but I had to walk her through the "CHANGES"!!! She'll survive, don't worry

FM
Old 09-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #53
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
like CU Tiger's wife, I feel like it's even a bit faster

*snicker* (yes, I'm an 8 year old sometimes)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-25-2013 at 12:13 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #54
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Ugh. I've had Bluetooth issues twice during runs since upgrading. Both times it just randomly turned off entirely. Wish I'd waited.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #55
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I'm still annoyed at the email thing, but other than the initial hitch connecting to my car I haven't had any noticeable issues. I don't think the new icons are an upgrade, but I don't really care too much about those
Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #56
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I've noticed a lot more crashes on some applications with iOS7 - not certain why, possibly memory or changes in their networking API ....

Main application affected is Hero Academy which used to be dead stable but crashes with regular aplomb presently (which sucks as I'm thoroughly addicted ... probably to the extent where I need help ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #57
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Ben,
The wife says her phone drops the in car BT a bunch.

Of course there is an update out, maybe it fixes that?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #58
aknott
n00b

My emails are no longer showing in the notification center drop down. I know I'll have new emails, but when I swipe down for the notification center they aren't there. I didn't change any of my settings and when I checked it is still set to show in notification center and to include the last 5 items.
aknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #59
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I've noticed a lot more crashes on some applications with iOS7 -
Today the "Settings" application seemed to crash. I think that's what caused Bluetooth to cut out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Ben,

Yeah, I saw the update. It doesn't mention anything about Bluetooth in the app store, but I haven't had a chance to read more deeply.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #60
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Ben,

Speaking of that my car fails to recognise or reconnect to my phone now (I have to connect by USB or 'discover' the phone each time) - I'd presumed it was Fords Sync software as its universally awful ... but it could be related.

I'll try the update later, thanks for mentioning it.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 09-27-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #61
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Two thoughts. I just can't get over how ugly the new standard icons are. It has really been bothering me. Here we have very high resolution displays (including retina) and they put simplistic, childish 8-bit icons on top of that?!?

Second, I just saw they cut the iPhone 5C price in half to get more people to buy them. The main selling point are the shell colors. Umm, if people want a blue phone, when not just get a blue case?? Who uses a phone without a case?

Last edited by Buccaneer : 10-05-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #62
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I agree that the icons are a huge - and puzzling - step down
Old 10-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #63
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Two thoughts. I just can't get over how ugly the new standard icons are. It has really been bothering me. Here we have very high resolution displays (including retina) and they put simplistic, childish 8-bit icons on top of that?!?

Second, I just saw they cut the iPhone 5C price in half to get more people to buy them. The main selling point are the shell colors. Umm, if people want a blue phone, when not just get a blue case?? Who uses a phone without a case?

Me. I see a fair amount without cases. Usually men. Mines a corp phone so replaceable.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #64
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Sign me up in the group that uses a phone without a case... But I think the 5C is a horrible looking phone. The colors are awful and the case looks and feel like cheap plastic. As a 34 year old male, I am sure I am not their target demo though.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #65
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
Sign me up in the group that uses a phone without a case... But I think the 5C is a horrible looking phone. The colors are awful and the case looks and feel like cheap plastic. As a 34 year old male, I am sure I am not their target demo though.

Haha.. no but my 11 year old daughter is.. she doesn't have a phone, but she keeps letting me know she wants a 5c in green.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote