Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #51
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
The hallucinating Baltar was irritating as well.

Had you stuck with it, you would've realized...
Spoiler

Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #52
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just liked how in the original series, all the Cylons were machines and machines only, no human ambiguity about them at all.

Of course that makes it less intriguing and more black and white. I guess some people like that sort of thing..
Old 06-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #53
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Had you stuck with it, you would've realized...
Spoiler

Not sure what season that was revealed, but, I think (for me at least) it would have worked better if they had shown that much sooner.

I liked the updated SFX. I loved Edward James Olmos' version of Adama. I liked the new Starbuck.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #54
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
A couple issues I have.

Why didnt the Cylons mass produce their cyborgs and make millions of them that looked different? Why just 5 different types? Wouldnt that have been a better way to destroy humanity?

And why arent the Cylons light years ahead of the humans technologically? 40 years is a long time. Wouldnt the cylons have better weapons then nukes?

And I wish I had a blonde implanted in my brain.

For your first question, it was answered in the series. And the answer is a wee bit complicated. Did you finish the entire thing?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #55
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not sure what season that was revealed, but, I think (for me at least) it would have worked better if they had shown that much sooner.

I liked the updated SFX. I loved Edward James Olmos' version of Adama. I liked the new Starbuck.

Spoiler
Old 06-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #56
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Of course that makes it less intriguing and more black and white. I guess some people like that sort of thing..

That's just it. It was all about the humans struggle to get to Earth. There was some moral stories thrown into the original; racism, hope, betrayal, etc.., but, it never got away from good guys vs bad guys and didn't blur it to where you couldn't figure out who was who or what. That got old after a while in the new version.

One of the best episodes of the new series was the one where they were trying to find fuel and had to time their jumps. That was a good episode. I think it was the first season.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #57
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Spoiler

That to me, screams, "We need to figure out a way to tie up all these loose ends and can't think of anything else".

Kind of like Bobby Ewing waking up from a dream in Dallas.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #58
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
That's just it. It was all about the humans struggle to get to Earth. There was some moral stories thrown into the original; racism, hope, betrayal, etc.., but, it never got away from good guys vs bad guys and didn't blur it to where you couldn't figure out who was who or what. That got old after a while in the new version.

But that is the whole point - nobody is purely good or evil. We all live in a grey area between those two extremes. Yes, a lot of television and movies present characters that are purely good or evil, but that just isn't how life is. I thought BSG felt more "human" because things were grey and ambiguous. But I can also respect those that don't enjoy their entertainment to be too "real" as well.

That being said, I enjoyed the earlier episodes more than the later ones. The later ones seemed to become much darker-themed. My wife and I just finished watching Caprica 1.0 and 1.5 and you could tell that they were made after BSG because they continued that darkness right on through to the end.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #59
DanGarion
Coordinator

The first 2 seasons of BSG were amazing, the rest were ok. I loved the series as a whole, and look forward to watching it again in a couple years.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #60
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
But that is the whole point - nobody is purely good or evil. We all live in a grey area between those two extremes. Yes, a lot of television and movies present characters that are purely good or evil, but that just isn't how life is. I thought BSG felt more "human" because things were grey and ambiguous. But I can also respect those that don't enjoy their entertainment to be too "real" as well.

Totally with you on this and definitely understand it. I just don't think it worked all that well with this series is all. I think maybe if it wasn't a reboot, it would have worked better. Just me though.

Quote:
That being said, I enjoyed the earlier episodes more than the later ones. The later ones seemed to become much darker-themed. My wife and I just finished watching Caprica 1.0 and 1.5 and you could tell that they were made after BSG because they continued that darkness right on through to the end.

Aye yi yi. Caprica...

Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #61
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
For your first question, it was answered in the series. And the answer is a wee bit complicated. Did you finish the entire thing?

Yes I will finish the whole thing. After I posted, I figured the questions would be answered.

Im about to start episode 3. Another late night ahead.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #62
RainMaker
General Manager

I just finished Exodus 1 & 2 in the 3rd season. Two incredible episodes. This show has scenes that are just magnicient and like mentioned earlier, there is no black and white.

Spoiler

Last edited by RainMaker : 06-08-2011 at 05:04 AM.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #63
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I just finished Exodus 1 & 2 in the 3rd season. Two incredible episodes. This show has scenes that are just magnicient and like mentioned earlier, there is no black and white.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 06-08-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #64
RainMaker
General Manager

I just finished this after a marathon session. What an incredible show. I agree that Season 3 got a little off, but it had some of the best episodes mixed into the bunch.

The Finale was OK.
Spoiler

In any event, one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #65
RendeR
Coordinator

Spoiler
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #66
tarcone
Coordinator

Im half way thorough season 2. It has lost my interest in this section. But I will admit, the egasus run was very good. I kept saying "I have to watch one more." It was 3 in the morning when I went to bed.

Get them off New Caprica and lets find Earth for goodness sakes.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #67
Edward64
Head Coach

I liked the series but don't think I can watch it all over again.

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) $95 + Free Shipping - Amazon.com Deals, Coupons and Promos
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) $95 + Free Shipping

I guess I lied. I bought the Blu-ray from Amazon UK at a great price. I found and re-read the BSG storyline and started with the last season first ... which I just finished. Planning on watching the entire series again.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-16-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #68
RainMaker
General Manager

$80 for the non-blue ray. Not a bad deal at all.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #69
RendeR
Coordinator

I want this SOOO bad
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #70
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if anyone had been interested, but the first six webisodes of Battlestar Galactica Blood & Chrome are up. First one is here:

"Episode 1" - Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome - YouTube

For those that don't want to watch the weekly webisodes, the full 2 hours I believe is supposed to be aired by Syfy some time next February

Last edited by Alan T : 11-27-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #71
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Have been re-watching through the entire Battlestar Galactica (2005) tv series again in spare time the last few weeks. Just got through watching the episode Exodus again...

The ending of this episode is probably one of my top 10 all time favorite moments in tv ever. The feelings of emotion that I get while watching the contrast between everyone's excitement at being saved compared to Saul's overwhelming sadness of his loss and what he had to do to make sure they all survived is just potent.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote