Head Coach

Need scoring, number of team and lineup info
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #102
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
You'd be the better judge of whether Ryan at that value is good enough to keep - but I think he's charting out as around QB4-7 (and I think that's pretty fair, I expect him to land on at least one of my teams this year), and locking him up fairly easily seems like it might be a pretty sensible thing to do. No idea if Mendenhall is much value at that slot, but if you think Ryan is no value, I guess RM isn't a dumb play, definitely better than Rogers.

I'm with Quik. Matt Ryan seems like he needs to be one of the guys you keep.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #103
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I'm with Quik. Matt Ryan seems like he needs to be one of the guys you keep.

If his league is 4pt passing tds and no flex then Ryan charts in as a mid 5th rounder. In a 6 pt padding td league Ryan charts in at a mid 4th rounder.

Mendenhall charts in at an early 6th round grade in either setup. If it used a flex then Mendenhall boosts up to an early / mid 5th rounder. This is based on using VBD and average projections
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #104
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Need scoring, number of team and lineup info

12 team IDP
QB-RB-RB-FLEX-WR-WR-TE-K-IDP
5 bench players
QB: 6pt TD, 1pt per 20 yards
RB: 6pt TD, 1pt per 10 yards
WR: 6pt TD, 1pt per 10 yards

Keeper rule: Keep 1 player, at a cost of the draft round 2 rounds earlier than was selected last year.

Choice:
RB Doug Martin (2nd round pick)
QB Colin Kaepernick (13th round pick)

Last edited by corbes : 08-12-2013 at 09:15 PM.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #105
Danny
Head Coach

And what pick # do you have in round 2?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #106
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Alas, don't know. The draft order won't be revealed until just before the draft.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #107
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
If his league is 4pt passing tds and no flex then Ryan charts in as a mid 5th rounder. In a 6 pt padding td league Ryan charts in at a mid 4th rounder.

Mendenhall charts in at an early 6th round grade in either setup. If it used a flex then Mendenhall boosts up to an early / mid 5th rounder. This is based on using VBD and average projections

What #'s are you using to base VBD off of? I found an article on it, but they seem to use a 12 team league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR AND a Flex slot. All of my leagues are 10 team, and have a 1 QB, 2 RB 2 WR structure (some have a flex instead of one of the four RB/WR slots).
Old 08-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #108
Danny
Head Coach

I subscribe to footballguys. I don't necessarily go by their projections but their vbd cheat sheets and application for evey possible league setup imaginable is excellent.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #109
Danny
Head Coach

Ther appication even lets you put in your exactl league specifications and outputs a vbd cheat sheet
Old 08-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #110
Danny
Head Coach

Arent we supposed to have started drafting?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #111
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'm having trouble deciding which two players to keep... we start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR flex...

Tom Brady
Alfred Morris
Trent Richardson
Chris Johnson
Randall Cobb

Right now I'm planning on Morris/Richardson, but can pretty much be talked in to Brady or Cobb (probably not cj1k)... I feel Morris will be tied into RGIII's health too much. Thanks!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #112
Danny
Head Coach

Morris and Richardson easily and Johnson would be the next choice.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #113
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Morris did fine with RG3 out last year, 80 plus yards and 2 TDs. That was probably with the Browns loading up to stop him since Cousins was a rookie making his first start. I agree on keeping him and Richardson. Too many QB's out there with too little difference between them.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #114
MikeVic
Head Coach

Thanks, I'm leaning towards Richardson and Morris so maybe it'll stay that way haha.

Cobb doesn't get any consideration? I'm asking because in another league (start 2 RBs and 3 WRs), we keep three and I was thinking of Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, ad Cobb... My other choices are Stevan Ridley and Chris Johnson... Thoughts?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #115
Danny
Head Coach

Cobb is a no way. I would definitely keep Chris Johnson over him in your other league also
Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #116
TLK
Pro Starter

I go with either of the RB's over Cobb.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #117
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Thanks, I'm leaning towards Richardson and Morris so maybe it'll stay that way haha.

Cobb doesn't get any consideration? I'm asking because in another league (start 2 RBs and 3 WRs), we keep three and I was thinking of Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, ad Cobb... My other choices are Stevan Ridley and Chris Johnson... Thoughts?

Runningbacks are the heart of the machine, you keep them first. Receivers are a supplement.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #118
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So I decided my keepers but still have until next Tuesday to change my mind...

Standard yahoo league (save qb tds are 6 points not 4)
You get to keep 1 player from your 1st three picks, can't keep free agents, can't keep three players at the same position.

I had initiallly contemplated Cam Netwon, Cobb and Harvin, but Harvin decided to go break himself.

I had no keeper eligible running backs.

So I decided the upside to keeping Newton is better than Julius Jones (my other worthy top 3 round keeper). I keep Cobb (he was a late round draft pick last year - thanks Matt Berry) and I'll keep Antonio Brown, the newly annointed #1 receiver for the Steelers.

With 4 picks in the first two rounds of the league I plan on drafting runningbacks.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #119
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

And Le'Von Bell might have a listfranc injury...

I'm thinking of the rookies Lacy is the best bet. I'm hoping now to grab Alfred Morris with my first pick (#2 overall) and perhaps Mr. Forte with the 8th.

I'm strategizing, but I think I'll burn a late pick on Russel Wilson if Kapernick is grabbed. I'm not sold that Cam Newton will rise up with as crappy a team he has.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #120
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

The more I look at things, outside of keeper options, I think I'm just going to wait until everyone already has a QB and then waiting a while and taking the best QB available. Soooooooo much depth this year.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #121
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
The more I look at things, outside of keeper options, I think I'm just going to wait until everyone already has a QB and then waiting a while and taking the best QB available. Soooooooo much depth this year.

Totally agree, if I had a capable runningback (I have McGahee who may get a looksee if Le'Von Bell is really hurt) I would definately keep them, but outside of talented receivers and a high upside QB, I got nothing.

The good news for me is 4 picks in the first two rounds (outside of all the keepers) that gives me multiple options.

Vick just got annointed as the starting QB of the Eagles, good chance I'll grab him late.

I think it's pretty clear that I'll avoid Jaguars (I don't think I'd gamble with MJD), Dolphins, Chargers and Raiders. The Browns have some talent, I'm concerned about the Lions (Stafford doesn't seem to have his head on straight).

Still I think barring injuries, that I can have a somewhat capable team that can perform.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #122
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I like Weeden, Cameron and Gordon for Cleveland. Gordon is making their supplemental selection of him look pretty good so far, Weeden looks like a totally different QB, and Cameron looks like he will benefit from both as a red zone target.

As much as I hate saying it, Cleveland worries me the most out of all the teams in the North because they are kind of an unknown. The things they have done this preseason have been impressive though.

FUCK EA
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #123
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I hate reading into the preseason, but it's hard to ignore how good Weeden has looked. Combine that with a great O-Line and a workhorse running back...there might be a reason to be worried there.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #124
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So keeper lists have been revealed, and our draft is on Sunday. I have the #1 overall pick, and my keepers look like so:

QB Peyton Manning
RB Alfred Morris
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
WR Roddy White
WR
Flex
TE
K
D
Bench: Colin Kaepernick

Typical 10-team league, .5 ppr. Here are the interesting names out there:

QB
Russell Wilson
Matthew Stafford
Tony Romo
Eli Manning
Ben Roethlisberger

RB
Lamar Miller
Darren McFadden
Ryan Mathews
Rashard Mendenhall
LeVeon Bell
Eddie Lacy

WR
Antonio Brown
Torrey Smith
Eric Decker
Wes Welker
Jordy Nelson
Cecil Shorts
Steve Smith
Mike Wallace

TE
Jason Witten
Vernon Davis
Jermichael Finley

I'm going to be trying desperately to trade Peyton or Kaepernick away before the draft for some WR or RB help (two teams didn't keep a QB), but assuming I can't what looks like my best option? As much as I hate that Run DMC burned me last year, the ditching of the zone blocking scheme and his contract year has me thinking that he's the highest upside out there. I'm not nearly as high on Miller as the rest of the world seems to be, and I think that there's too much TE depth to go TE with my first pick.

Edit: It's also a straight draft, not a snake, so I get the first pick in every round. I don't have a 3rd round pick, as I traded it for MJD.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 08-21-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #125
Danny
Head Coach

From that list I go McFadden for sure. Is Reggie bush available? If so I would take him
Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #126
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Nope. Vereen, Ball, Ivory and Giovani Bernard are the only available RB's worth noting that I didn't put on the list up there.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #127
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah got to go McFadden
Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #128
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Package MJD and Kaepernick for LeSean McCoy or Ray Rice, then take Decker and Lacy with your first 2 picks.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 08-21-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #129
Danny
Head Coach

Separate issue but I think brown is a much better pick than decker this year
Old 08-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #130
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So, long story short...I kept Julio Jones, Randall Cobb and Antonio Gates...(this is per our keeper rules)

The draft was last night and I was definitely nervous.

The team that picked first, grabbed Drew Brees...he's off to having a crappy team again.

So I had to decide between Alfred Morris and Trent Richardson...guys I went Alfred Morris.

Trent went next.
Then Steven Ridley..Forte...SJax...Brandon Marshall

Me again in the eighth spot...so I decide of the options, Eddie Lacy is the most upside, great team, red zone options and he doesn't have to carry the team to the end zone.

Round 5 (keeping in mind it's actually the 2nd round as the 1st three rounds are the keeper selections) I grab David Wilson and Reggie Bush.

Round 6, I have no picks but I watch as Peyton, Cam Newton and Tom Brady are selected (plus gone are Brees (selected 1st overall), Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rogers were all keepers).

Probably my biggest flub, I selected Kaepernick over Stafford who went several picks later in the Seventh, but I like the 49ers upside (and I hope to grab Vick or Romo later)

Round 8, the guy who grabbed Brees 1st, grabs Russel Wilson, I grab Shane Vereen (I'm now top heavy on running backs). Vick is selected by another team at the end of this round.

Round 9 I select Kembrell Thompkins as my spare receiver (one team selects Jason Avant this round)

Round 10 I decide on Le'Veon Bell, the worst team in the league selects Christine Michael, Andre Brown and Ben Tate go next. Romo is drafted by the team who selected Vick.

Round 11 I have no picks, some team grabs Eli Manning as a backup, another team selects Fred Jackson. Really crappy round.

Round 12 I select Zack Sudfeld to probably start over Gates. Jorden Cameron and Jared Cook are grabbed. Flacco and Andy Dalton are grabbed as back-ups, and suddenly I feel a little light in the QB department.

Round 13 I was eyeing Big Ben but he and Schaub go before my pick. I grab EJ Manuel and pray I don't need him. The worst team in the league selects Percy Harvin which is a smart pick if you think you'll be contending by season's end, I don't think he will though.

Round 14 Ryan Broyles makes the team as a depth receiver, I hope to never need to start him.

Round 15 and 16 - Green Bay defense (I wanted Cincy) and Alex Henery because I believe the Eagles will be scoring or at least giving him some field goal options.

Starting Line-up

QB - Kaepernick
RB - Morris
RB - Lacy
WR - J Jones
WR - Cobb
Flex (Rb/Wr) - Bush
K - Henery
Def - GB

Bench
RB - D Wilson
RB - Vereen
RB - Le'Veon Bell
WR - K Thompkins
WR - Broyles

I think as long as Kaepernick stays good, this team should roll.

I have put out feelers to the team that owns Brady (also has Andrew Luck) but he wants Morris which I said no to.

I put out feelers for the Brees owner but he wants to keep Brees and Wilson...he better hope Lamar Miller and Chris Ivory can perform next to AP.

I'm happy with the team...