Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-18-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
miked
College Starter

OOTP league opening

The United Baseball League has a rare opening, probably our 2nd in the last 7 seasons or more. We are currently in 2038 in a league that started in 2003...maybe in 2003. We used to be a mainly FOFC league but most have petered out (or were driven away by HA)...but we still have a few. In fact, Cartman just his DBacks to their first ever NL West title in UBL history, imagine sticking around through 30+ seasons of losing (any Pirates fans out there)? We are an active league with all the Getch utilities that have been modified by our awesome beemer, and we are currently setting up StatsLab and adding feeders.

The open team is the St. Louis Cardinals. They made the playoffs in 2032 and had 86 wins last season. This was Cuckoo's team for about 20 seasons until he retired and they are due for a rebound. The NL Central is one of the tougher divisions and amazingly, every team has made the playoffs in the last decade. They boast some nice prospects including Dave "Little Bull" Pierce. They are anchored on offense by All-Star catcher Milton Wilson and future start Mark Ballard. They have a great pen and their rotation is anchored by 24 year old German Salazar. They are slightly in the red and over budget, but have 30M in contracts coming off the books next season. This is a great chance for an owner to come in and re-mold the team.

Sims are MWF and opening day is this Monday. We have some fun rules and some funnier people. Hit me up here if you are interested, or send an email to mikedavis76 at hotmail dot com.

miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
This was Cuckoo's team for about 20 seasons until he retired and they are due for a rebound.

i.e. Only the best should apply.

Ah, those were the good old days. The UBL is top notch, a league I most definitely hated to leave. Hope to see my Cards in good hands and truly wish I had the time (and the game, of course) to retake the reigns.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 12-18-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
miked
College Starter

I'm sure we could get a license donated if you came back
Old 08-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
miked
College Starter

We have another opening, the Minnesota Twins. This team is relatively neglected and the owner decided it would be great to cut a guy with 30M left on his deal and another with 10M left on his deal after being 10M in the hole. So the team has a debt of 60M right now. Any owner taking them team will have the debt be forgiven just to have a new owner for this franchise. We are now running v14 and are finishing up the offseason.

Minnesota Twins actually have a decent farm and a pretty good roster. Don't let those awesome SP fool you though, he's had decent luck with 2 pitch starters and not sure how much longer it can last.

This was originally a FOFC league though few remain. It's been going for almost 10 years (insane), has great participation, great history, and is a capped league. PM me here if interested.