Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Former player of mine shot

This is just getting to be too much. I have already been to funerals of 5 kids I have coached, now another one shot 5 times after a fight and not expected to survive. 20 years old and a young daughter, I really don't want to go through this again!!

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Sorry to read that...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ugh, man that's rough. Sorry to hear.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
cougarfreak
College Starter

Man, that's tough. I read an online obit today of a former student of mine that died at the age of 29
Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

It has been a hard day for sure, going to see him tonight after practice. He has stabilized a bit, but still in bad shape. Was hit in the groin, which cut his femoral artery, in the arm, left chest, which went through his lung and in the face, blowing out his jaw.

His friends transported him to the Hospital, which the doctors said likely saved him as he probably would have bled out by if they had waited for an Ambulance.

Not looking forward to what I will see tonight, but I need to do this......He needs to be surrounded by prayer and positive thought right now!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
Dutch
"Dutch"

Crazy, sorry to hear it.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 AM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Went to the Hospital tonight and it was really tough to look at him lying there. He is in a medically induced coma and is obviously a mess from the wound to the face and surgeries on his other wounds. Just touched his hand, talked to him and prayed. There were a few other former players there that played with him and it was good to share hugs, tears and laughs with them. Lots of support and love and it was great to see.

Just spent the last 15 minutes reading through my dynasty from when Jamal was a freshman back in 2008. The quote below from the dynasty very aptly applies today. He is still a beast and as tough a kid as you will ever find, that, along with the love and prayers will ensure he pulls through this!!

Rise up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

Fullbacks
Jamal D
Dylan U
Jesus G

There are actually 4 kids here who are serviceable, which is important as we rely heavily on this position in our offense. As those familiar with the Wing-T know the Fullback is a weapon, not just a blocker. Jamal is a manchild in the making, speed, power, but very raw. In our program kids learn a position on both sides of the ball, but I will limit most of his reps to offense to develop him faster. Dylan and Jesus are both hard runners with above average speed and are seasoned players. They are probably the two best inside linebackers as well at the moment, so reps here will be limited. We do play kids on both sides of the ball when needed, but with almost 90 players out we have more than enough talent to avoid starting anyone both ways.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

He is breathing on his own now, but still heavily sedated and 4 surgeries in, with many to follow, but there is light now. One of the toughest kids I have coached and proving it again!!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Glad to hear the encouraging news