Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #51
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainRaven View Post
Sort of a follow up question from my RPG question from earlier. Is it possible to edit your golfer at the start of the next year? I wonder if a simple house rule system of improving your own golfer would add a bit of realism and career feel to it.

Yes, you can edit any golfers rating at any point in the season, no limits.

SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #52
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

A second video that finishes the round of golf started earlier.

http://actionpcsports.yuku.com/topic...meplay-Video-2
Old 05-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #53
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

New update released yesterday which will auto apply next time you start the game. Some minor fixes plus a nice new addition to practice round where you can see where your shots would go based on conditions but eliminating mis hits. This will help you better understand how you should setup your shots under various circumstances.

http://actionpcsports.yuku.com/topic...olf-Update-524

Last edited by SlyBelle1 : 05-25-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #54
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Couple new courses recently released, Denver Hills Country Club and Cabo Mexico Ocean Course.

With the US Open underway, back to playing the game
Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #55
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'm actually enjoying this one a lot more than TPG3. I really wanted to like TPG3 but it ended up being pretty frustrating with having to rest for 2 weeks every time you enter a tournament.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #56
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I'm actually enjoying this one a lot more than TPG3. I really wanted to like TPG3 but it ended up being pretty frustrating with having to rest for 2 weeks every time you enter a tournament.

I tried tpg3 too, never could get into it myself. In my opinion, apc golf way ahead of that game and will only get better since it will be well supported.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #57
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I just wish the prices for additional courses were reasonable. $10/course is ridiculous.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #58
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I just wish the prices for additional courses were reasonable. $10/course is ridiculous.

As the new course are released, they typically discount them down to $8 for a period of time. Compared to the competition which is typically considered asg golf, its a great price because their playable courses are $20 a piece. Dksports also usually has a number of sales throughout the year which they discount their products.

So with that considered, I don't personally think the price is bad since 1/2 the price of the major competition but certainly each person might have their own opinions based on what they are willing to spend.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #59
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you consider $8 a course a good deal, I don't know what to say. The only difference it goes from completely outlandish to merely ridiculous.

3/$10 would be about the limit for me.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-14-2013 at 03:46 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 AM   #60
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
If you consider $8 a course a good deal, I don't know what to say. The only difference it goes from completely outlandish to merely ridiculous.

3/$10 would be about the limit for me.

I absolutely do based on the typical market for games like this...personally I thought they were going to charge more based on what the established price was from the competition. I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into creating these courses and have no issue with the price. Games in this genre (i.e strat and other replay games) charge like this for extra seasons, courses, etc. so I dont see this as being anything different.

I don't think you can find a comparable golf product that has a cheaper price for real golf courses.

Again, just my opinion...
Old 06-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #61
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Yeah you wouldn't catch me buying additional courses for that kind of money. But $34 for the game and 10 courses is fine for me. Definitely worth it. And to be honest, I'm not a big golf fan so I don't really know the difference between many of the courses anyways. I'm sure 10 will be enough variety in terms of experience and challenge.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote