Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2003, 01:09 PM   #151
Desnudo
Coordinator

Things change, looking at it as is, it looks tough, but things will be wildly different at the end of next season. You never can tell what'll happen. At worst you come out of it with some extra cash and the free match anyway.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:26 PM   #152
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - Friendly Game - Round 14

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Frankfort United

Today we play fellow FOFC'er and Misfitz supporter DukeRules and and his Frankfort United team. Duke is on his way to being promoted to divison IV and has a very nice team. Unfortunetly for the Misfitz B-team, he doesn't carry a full B-team so i'll be playing against quite a few starters. But never fear!!! The Misfitz b-team is unbeatable!!!

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Right Wingback - Emanuel Miller (Defensive)
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - Dolf De Bevere (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Istvan Strobl
Forward 2 - Martin Devátý

Form for the back-ups is ok right now. Dolf and Istvan are still both in weak form. But everyone else is at least in inadequate form. Im interested to see what midfield rating i get here with furious TS. Hopfully weak since i have no winger towards the middle. If i can get weak today, im pretty sure i'll get passable on sunday for the qualifier.

Players Tp Watch

Benton Minter - He's still in excellent form so im expecting another formidable attack rating on his side.

Stanford Weiss - My back-up goalie is also in excellent form and is red hot right now.

The Match

scorching day at The Island of Misfit Toyz, where 1772 spectators were in place for today´s match. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Weiss - Miller, Ferreira da Silv, ben Aharon - de Bevere, Tolstoy, Neiva, Jonasson, Minter - Devátý, Strobl.

Frankfort had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Escalante - Hogue, Eaton, Diehl - Watts, Mullineux, Chopin, Sakic, Travis - Sellers, Knapp.

Frankfort had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 3rd minute when Michael Chopin came up alone against Stanford Weiss who managed a block.

Harold Diehl got left behind when Maniacal´s Dolf de Bevere made a sudden pull forward in the 5:th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 1-0!

Martin Devátý almost managed to score another goal for Maniacal, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

Frankfort got a chance to level the score as Courtney Sellers suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar.

The referee showed Maniacals Emanuel Miller the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Milton Watts the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Frankfort, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle.

Torbjörn Jonasson received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 51st minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

61 minutes into the game Frankfort´s Eric Hogue found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 1 - 1.

Almost all the way down to the corner flag Sonny Travis somehow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Courtney Sellers who struck for 1 - 2.

With a shot floated in from just outside the penalty area in the 83rd minute, Istvan Strobl of Maniacal evened the score to 2 - 2.

The referee showed Frankforts Courtney Sellers the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Maniacal were forced to a substitution as Viktor Tolstoy couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment.

Frankfort had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Stanford Weiss saved Michael Chopin´s shot headed for the top corner.

This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

As none of the teams had managed to win, extra time was called.

After 96 minutes Frankforts Jacob Knapp made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 2 - 3. With that Frankfort had won the game in extra time.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Huey Miller. Istvan Strobl was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Frankfort player was without a doubt Arthur Eaton. Eric Hogue was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 2 - 3

Goals

Dolf de Bevere - 1
Istvan Strobl - 1

Player Ratings

2.5 - Stanford Weiss

2.5 - Emanuel Miller (Defensive)
2.5 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

2.0 - Dolf De Bevere (Offensive)
3.0 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
2.0 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
3.0 - Viktor Tolstoy
3.0 - Benton Minter (Offensive)

2.0 - Istvan Strobl
2.5 - Martin Devátý

Stars - 28

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: weak - (4)
Right Side Defence: passable - (6)
Central Defence: solid - (7)
Left Side Defence: solid - (7)
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)
Central Attack: passable - (6)
Left Side Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 53

Frankfort United
Right Side Defence: solid - (7)
Central Defence: passable - (6)
Left Side Defence: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)
Central Attack: passable - (6)
Left Side Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 50

Post Game Comments

Defeat!!! My first overtime game ever and i lost This ends the Misfitz B-team 8 game unbeaten streak! Looking over the ratings i had the slight advantage. But the ball just didn't bounce our way i guess. Luck was on both out sides though.... we both had a player injuried but they were both only "Bruised But Training". So no real harm done All in all in was a good friendly, Big thanx goes out to Duke for coming into our house for a game. And good luck in divison IV next season!!

The Good

Dolf de Bevere - His quick skill once again got me a goal. Quick wingers rock!

Viktor Tolstoy - Vik got inuried but its only "bruised but training" so he'll still get training this week.

The Bad

Torbjörn Jonasson - Still only 2 stars for the young trainee. He's only in inadequate form but he had a big value jump last thursday so i was hoping for 2 1/2 stars. He better pop to solid PM on thursday!

Upnext, This weeks training update
Old 10-30-2003, 11:03 PM   #153
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

Finally 2 of my 3 trainee's poped to solid PM.

Joaquim Neiva
125 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: excellent Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: disastrous
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

Joaquim will probally fill the role of Josef Eder once i sell Josef when he hits formidable PM. He's a very nice trainee and i'll probally keep him around until he hits outstanding PM.

Viktor Tolstoy +1
152 000 US$, 19 years, excellent form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Quick]

Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: poor

Viktor might actually never see the Misfitz starting lineup. SInce he is getting kind of old to be a trainee. I might sell him when he hits excellent midway through next season. But its possible i'll keep him around until he hits formidable.

The bad news of the week is that my newest trainee "Torbjörn" still hasn't poped to solid PM. I guess his high assesed value was all in his defense He will defintely pop next week as it will be his 6th week of PM training. I should still get him to formidable PM by the last week of next season. (I hope)

Form

Pretty good form update also. First off my keeper went up about 5k in assessed value. So he's slowly getting closer to passable form again. Also, my number one middy and highest assessed valued Misfitz outfielder Josef Eder hit excellent form today. Its possible (but unlikely) that he could be my first 4 star performer on sunday. The rest of my starters look very very good form wise now, so a win in my qualifier is looking more and more like a reality.

6 Players increased in form (3 Starters)
5 Players Decreased in form (2 Starters)

Break Down of my starters form for Sundays HUGE game

Goalie - Inadequate form (He's about 25k in value from passable form)

Defenders - Solid/Passable/Inadequate (My Normal/offensive wingback poped to solid form, i think i'm gonna play him offensive instead of normal. When i play him offensive i get a brilliant attack on that side field)

Wingers - Solid/Passable (My star offensive winger jumped another 9k in value so he'll get me another 3 1/2 star game. Plus my "winger towards the middile" bumped back up to passable form. So that should help my midfield rating out some.)

Midfielders - Excellent/Solid/Solid (what can i say here??? my midfielders are just red hot right now...and im gonna need it since i have furious TS.)

Forwards - Solid/Solid (Slightly worse then last week as Bill Wright finally dropped back down to solid form. But that won't hurt the attack rating much at all.)

As you can see my starters form is very very good. My defense is still my weak point but with my wingback offensive i should still get a Passable/Excellent/Solid defense rating. Which ain't bad....

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 132 667 US$ (+3,715)
Total squad value: 2 786 000 US$ (+78,000)
Average age: 21
Current form (average): passable
Experience (average): wretched
No of players (excluding the coach): 21
Number of nationalities: 15

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update

Last edited by Havok : 10-30-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:29 PM   #154
Havok
College Starter

Update

My opponents ratings from his latest friendly (he plays his starters in freindly).....

El marajá
Right Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Defence: excellent - (8)
Left Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Right Side Attack: excellent - (8)
Central Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 59

This is in a 3-5-2, sometimes he plays a 3-4-3. If he MOTS's (which im sure he will) i can expect that midfield to be a high inadequate or a low passable. If he puts up a passable midfield this is gonna be 1 tough game. Lucky for me both of his starting forwards are in weak form.

This is gonna be a tough game.......
Old 10-31-2003, 12:31 AM   #155
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

You're in a good spot here...if you win, considering your TS, then you know you're ready for the challenge of a rough series. If you lose, another season of gearing up. You're in the area where you could go to D IV, but another D V season isn't a complete waste.

Of course, I'm going to D IV, and I'm not even good enough to be in the maybe level.

FOFL: I may be the commish, but it's still pretty good.
DukeRulesMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:23 AM   #156
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DukeRulesMAB
You're in a good spot here...if you win, considering your TS, then you know you're ready for the challenge of a rough series. If you lose, another season of gearing up. You're in the area where you could go to D IV, but another D V season isn't a complete waste.

Of course, I'm going to D IV, and I'm not even good enough to be in the maybe level.

Thats exactly how im looking at it Duke. If i win vs a solid team like this with furious TS on the road, then im ready for the tough challenge that awaits me in this divison.

If i lose.... it won't break my heart. Another year in divison V wouldn't be a bad thing. I'll probally go undefeated and by the time i promote the following season i'll be able to compete in any divison IV series easy.

As for your team, the only weakness i see that you have is your midfield. If you grab a nice excellent or formidable middy you should be fine. You can buy good excellent middy's right now for so cheap its scary. You could probally pick up 2 older excellent middy's for 400k-450k total if you shop right. Plus, if you buy some nice winger trainee's your wing attacks will be badass by the end of the season.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:50 AM   #157
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

Your midfield by next season at this time....wowza.

I agree re: my team, though my forwards are nothing to write home about either. I probably will not buy a midfielder for now, as my 1.4M is budgeted as follows:

- 350-400K: Staduym
- 270K: Coach
- Rest: Winger Trainees.

Hopefully, with my new stadium, I'll build up enough of a war chest to upgrade a central midfielder by the end of next season. And you're right, I expect to have whipass wing attacks as next year progresses.

Last edited by DukeRulesMAB : 10-31-2003 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:19 AM   #158
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull and Economic update

My nice little streak of decent youth pulls ran out...

Elvin Taylor (20115926)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and upright.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 34 000 US$
Wage: 680 US$/week
Owner: Maniacal Misfitz
Warnings: 0

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: weak
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

Youth Pull Stats For The Season

Total Youth Pulls - 16

Youth Pulls Fired - 9

Youth Pulls Sold - 7

Youth Pull Sales - $394,000 - 5% (for agent fee's) = $374,300

Youth Pull Costs - $340,000 (16 x 20k investment) + $32,000 (16 x 2,000 per youth pull) + $7,000 (1,000 x 7 list youth pulls for sale) = $379,000

Youth Squad Profit this season = -$4,700

I lost 5k this season from my youth squad. Thats much better then the 350k or so that i lost from it last season. I also didn't pull a single youth pull thats on my team this season either Next season i better actually make a profit dammit!!!!!

Economic Update

Cash funds: 209 984 US$ (281 369) US$
Sponsors: high on life
Supporter Club: 1208 members
Supporters: high on life

This week

Revenue---------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0---------------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 63 175----------------------Wages 25 810
Financial 0------------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 111 240-------------------Temporary 2 000
--------------------------------------------Staff 40 500
--------------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 174 415----------------Total expenses 103 030

Expected income/loss 71 385

I got my sponsership money for getting first place in the divison (75k) and i also got supporter money for the year ($36,240). Plus i should get about 65k from my qualification game and if i win my game i'll get another 50k for promoting. So by weeks end i could have around 400k in the bank. To bad i need to upgrade my stadium or i'd buy a nice excellent forward or defender for 400-500k

Everytime i get money i swear theres something other then upgrading my team that i have to spend it on. During my cup run this season i got around 220k in the bank. But that money went to upgrading my stadium from 15,500 seats to 23,000 seats. Then around week 12 after a couple decent youth pulls i had around 260k in the bank. But i had to finally grab a solid coach for 280k

At least now after i upgrade my stadium 1 more time i won't need to do anything except upgrade my players for awhile.

This weeks Qualification Game

To be honest... im not sure whats gonna happen in this game. My form is good right now, but my furious Team Spirit and playing on the road is gonna kill my Midfield rating. Im only expecting a high inadequate midfiled rating. Maybe a low passable but thats it.
This is what i expect from my opponent if he plays a 3-5-2....

El marajá
Midfield: inadequate - (5) or passable - (6)
Left Side Defence: excellent - (8)

NSI - 61 or 64

This is what im expecting.....

Maniacal Misfitz
Midfield: inadequate - (5) or passable - (6)
Right Side Defence: solid - (7)
Right Side Attack: outstanding - (10)
Central Attack: excellent - (8)
Left Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 62 or 65

So this game could go either way really looking at the NSI ratings. We both will have good confidence since he both won our last games 5-0 and we both lose some midfield in the second half due to stamina. I think its all gonna come down to luck really with ratings this close. It might even go into a shootout which would be ok with me. My starting set pieces guys are pretty good.

Anyway.... Everyone stop by the IRC chat and wish me luck today!!!! Go Misfitz!!

My prediction overtime 3-2 win!
Old 11-03-2003, 06:44 AM   #159
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - Qualification Game - Round 15

El marajá - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

This is it.... this is what i played all season for. A chance to promote to divison IV. Flat out im better then this team im playing... no doubt about it. But they have all the advantages on they're side. Home field advantage... good team spirit and my horrible furious team spirit. This is gonna be a close dam game and i honestly have no clue how its gonna turn out. But weather i win or lose i'll still be happy.

If i win i'll get the honor of playing in one of the toughest divison IV series next season. It will be painful at times, but it should be a good learning experiance for me.

If i lose i'll stay in my current divison in which i'll be the number one team from the start and i should win the divison. This will be better for my training program also since i won't have sell my trainee's earlier then i'd like to, to upgrade my team to compete.

Its kind of a win win situation here..... lets see what happens!!!!

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Omar Narin (Defensive)
Central Defender - Joseph MacKindlay
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - Roy Hoekstra (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Josef Eder (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Abel Cano

Form is very good at the moment. Most everyone is passable or above. Only my goalie Marcin and my right wingback Omar are below passable form and they are only inadequate. The big man to watch today is Josef eder. He hit excellent form on thursday and he might be the first Misfit ever to get 4 stars in a game!!

Players To Watch

Josef Eder - In excellent form and might get his first ever 4 stars game.

Andi Neiweiler - Andi is coming off his first ever 3 1/2 star game and should do it again today.

The Match

The crowd of 23642 turning up at El marajá Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. marajá had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Jones - Henriksson, Baboss, Pärst - Andres, Cuevas, Tudor, Baillie, Po-Hung - Melvin, Couture.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - Nairn, MacKindlay, ben Aharon - Hoekstra, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Neiweiler - Cano, Wright.

Carson Melvin gave his marajá the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

After 26 minutes Maniacal´s Jakob Noer Mogensen contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

Clifford Couture almost managed to score another goal for marajá, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

In the games 33rd minute Maniacal´s Omar Nairn head butted an opponent nastily and so the referee sent him off immediately.

With 36 minutes played the visitors almost levelled the score. Bill Wright shot a hard curved free kick, striking the post.

marajá´s Eugene Baillie left the field after 39 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Domingo Gutierrez.

Halftime score was 1 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

Josef Eder finished off a quick charge from the left of the field by chipping the ball just past the home sides keeper, making the score 1 - 1 in the 46:th minute.

In the games 59:th minute Abel Cano almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar.

The referee showed marajás Che Po-Hung the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

In the 68:th minute cheers broke out as César Andres found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for marajá.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

marajá´s best player was Marek Pärst. Domingo Gutierrez on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Josef Eder. Roy Hoekstra was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 2 - 1

Goals

Josef Eder - 1

Player Ratings

2.5 - Marcin Landowski

red carded - Omar Narin (Defensive)
3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

2.5 - Roy Hoekstra (Towards The Middle)
3.5 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
4.0 - Josef Eder (Offensive)
3.0 - Huey Miller
3.5 - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.0 - Abel Cano

Stars - 31 (34 without Omar getting red carded)

El marajá
Left Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 58

Maniacal Misfitz
Midfield: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Defence: inadequate - (5) (Omar got red carded)
Right Side Attack: inadequate (5)
Central Attack: excellent - (8)
Left Side Attack: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 58

Post Game Comments

Dammit.... dammit... dammit all to hell. I know i said it didn't matter if i won or lost. But still... it feels much better to win then lose. What can i really say about this game??? Without Omar Narin getting red carded i would have had my best star rating ever. I got a brilliant left side attack without playing my wingback offensive! Josef eder got my most stars ever in one game with 4.0!!!! But with all that good stuff i still lost. In the end in was the thing that i feared most that beat me. My Team spirit......

My team spirit destroyed my midfield rating. Hell, i can get an inadequate midfield rating with my back-ups with average TS. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. A big thanx goes out to everyone pulling for me in the IRC chat. I came home half drunk from watching football all day and then my power goes out 20 mins into my game!! So i didn't even find out weather i'd won or lost until 2:00 this morning.

The Good

Josef Eder - First ever 4 star Misfit!!!! and scored my only goal.

Andi Neiweiler - Andi has quickly become the staple of my offense. Playing his best ever game today by 5% according to supporter and helping me to a brilliant wing attack.

The Bad

Omar Narin - Picked up his second red card of the year for head butting someone. Luckly they didn't score any goals on that side of the field after he got sent off.

Bill Wright and Abel Cano - neither one of my starting forwards scored despite me winning possession.

Upnext, This weeks friendly
Old 11-03-2003, 08:51 AM   #160
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

Tough to lose a close one like that, but if you can come within a goal of a decent team from a top shelf series now, just think how ready you'll be for D IV next year!

Old 11-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #161
Havok
College Starter

Stadium Upgrade

The Island of Misfit Toyz is getting a makeover! The new arena will seat 32,000 screaming Misfitz fans!!!

This should last me awhile... the main reason behind this is i plan on being first place for all of next season. So selling out my new 32,000 arena shouldn't be to hard. This upgrade cost be around 217k.

Other News

My future coach bumped to solid experiance!!! So i can upgrade him to coach in about week 9 next season after he reachs his 1 full season with the team. But i doubt i'll actually upgrade him for awhile....680k isn't cheap for a lowly divison V team like myself

Naftali ben Aharon
71 000 US$, 30 years, solid form
Has solid experience and passable leadership abilities

Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous
Old 11-05-2003, 09:08 PM   #162
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - Friendly Game - Round 15

CC FC - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

For the last friendly of the season we're playing fellow FOFC'er finketr's team CC FC. He's new to hattrick and just got his team a couple weeks ago. This should be a pretty easy game of course since i've had my team for a hell-of-alot longer then he has.

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Right Wingback - Emanuel Miller (Normal)
Central Defender - Omar Nairn
Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

Right Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy
Left Winger - Dolf De Bevere (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Martin Devátý
Forward 2 - Istvan Strobl

The B-team has decent form right now. Nothing great but its been steadly going down hill for the last few weeks. The main form dog is Dolf de Bevere, he's went from excellent form to poor form over the last 8 weeks. Talk about a "Fall From Grace".

Players To Watch

Viktor Tolstoy - Viktor is in excellent form again this week and should have his best ever game.

The Match

607 spectators had come to CC FC Arena this cloudy day. CC tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Ribelles - Wheatley, Blakely, Roberts - Manole, Fjälling, Brantley, Ordoñez, Möllerén - Rolfsson, Alvarado.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Weiss - Miller, Nairn, Ferreira da Silv - Minter, Tolstoy, Neiva, Jonasson, de Bevere - Devátý, Strobl.

CC immediately set off pressing their opponents.

CC took the lead in the 10:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Mark Möllerén elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar.

Daryl Brantley increased CC´s lead to 2 - 0 from a penalty spot cannonball.

Maniacals Benton Minter got himself booked after a foul.

CC were forced to a substitution as Michael Roberts couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment.

At this time in the match, CC were using their poor skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents.

CC's Jeffrey Wheatley scored 3 - 0 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net.

Maniacal showed some good morale and were, in the 39:th minute, able to reduce the score to 3 - 1 as Martin Devátý got past the home sides full backs straight in front of the goal.

As Jeffrey Wheatley had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the CC player a red card without batting an eye.

Ismael Ferreira da Silva the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game.

In the games 41st minute Maniacal replied, reducing the lead to 3 - 2. Naftali ben Aharon scored on a marvellous cross pass coming in from the left.

3 - 2 was the half-time score. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

58 minutes into the game Maniacal´s Emanuel Miller found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 3 - 3.

The referee showed Maniacals Istvan Strobl the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

In the 70:th minute Clarence Alvarado surprised the opponents with a 40 metre pass to Doru Manole who quite easily could settle the score to 4 - 3.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Clarence Alvarado squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 75:th minute, asserting the lead to 5 - 3.

Maniacal reduced in the 77:th minute to 5 - 4 as Istvan Strobl easily chipped the ball past the home sides keeper on a play from the right.

Sören Fjälling of CC received a yellow card in the 77:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Visitors Martin Devátý was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 5 - 5 in the 82nd minute.

Sören Fjälling of CC got sent off for kicking the ball after the whistle, a completely uncalled for move, earning him his second yellow card of the game.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 85 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating CC player was without a doubt Vicent Ribelles. Peter Rolfsson was a disappointment, however. Most important Maniacal player was Naftali ben Aharon. Dolf de Bevere was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 5 - 5

Goals

Martin Devátý - 2
Istvan Strobl - 1
Naftali ben Aharon - 1
Emanuel Miller - 1

Player Ratings

2.5 - Stanford Weiss

2.5 - Emanuel Miller (Normal)
2.5 - Omar Nairn
2.0 (injured) - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

3.0 - Benton Minter (Offensive)
3.0 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
2.0 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
3.0 - Viktor Tolstoy
2.0 - Dolf De Bevere (Offensive)

2.5 - Martin Devátý
2.0 - Istvan Strobl

Stars = 27

Team Ratings

CC FC
Midfield: poor - (3)
Right Side Defence: weak - (4)
Central Defence: inadequate - (5)
Left Side Defence: poor - (3)
Right Side Attack: poor - (3)
Central Attack: weak - (4)
Left Side Attack: poor - (3)

NSI - 31

Maniacal Misfitz
Midfield: poor - (3)
Right Side Defence: passable - (6)

NSI - 44

Post Game Comment

Holy shit..... if this was a league game or a cup game. I think i'd quit hattrick all together. How this game ended 5-5 i'll never ever know. The score should have been 5-0 or 5-1 looking at the NSI ratings. Crazy crazy crazy.... i don't even wanna look at this game anymore to tell ya the truth. Its kinda scary knowing that something like this can happen in hattrick. No offense to finketr or his team, but this should have been a slaughter, not a tie.

Upnext, this weeks training update
Old 11-07-2003, 10:18 AM   #163
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form update

and finally the last guy out of my group of midfielders bumps.

Torbjörn Jonasson
136 000 US$, 17 years, passable form

Stamina: inadequate Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

i misread Torbjorn big time when i bought him. I thought he was close to poping to solid PM. But i was wrong.... it's been 6 weeks and he's finally bumped

Overall this season was a good training season i'd say. Everyone of my 6 midfielders bumped twice in PM expect Torbjörn and thats only because i only bought him 6 weeks ago.

Form Update

Im very happy with my form update this week. The big news is that my starting goalie finally got back to passable form. He's been below passable for around 5-6 weeks. His form is always moving, weather its up or down. Kinda frustrating sometimes. The other big news is that my star winger Andi Neiweiler bumped to excellent form. He's been red hot lately and his form has steadly been climbing upwards. There's a small chance he'll get 4 stars on sunday but i doubt it.

6 Players increased in form (3 Starters)
2 Players decreased in form (0 Starters)

Player/Team Value

Value per player (average): 139 810 US$ (+7,143)
Total squad value: 2 936 000 US$ (+150,00)
Average age: 21
Current form (average): passable
Experience (average): wretched
No of players (excluding the coach): 21
Number of nationalities: 15

Upnext this weeks economic update
Old 11-08-2003, 12:25 PM   #164
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 over

The Maniacal Misfitz second season is over. Its been a hell of a year. From starting of the season losing 2 of my first 3 games. Then winning my final 11 games only to lose in my qualifier 2-1. We also made 1 hell of a cup run this season making it to round 5. Another weird thing about this season is that i only bought 5 guys on the transfer market all season. Last season i bought about 10 times that amount

Time for the Misfitz awards....

Goalie of The Year

Marcin Landowski
383 000 US$, 21 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities

Stamina: weak Keeper: solid
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: weak

This guy causes me more stress then anyone else on my team. His form is always bouncing around. Each week i never know what im gonna get from him. But he's the best goalie i have so he wins the award by default.

Defender of the Year

Naftali ben Aharon
74 000 US$, 30 years, solid form
Has solid experience and passable leadership abilities

Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

This was a tough call, it was between Naftali and Omar Narin. Naftali has only been with the squad since week 8. But he's been a rock at wingback ever since. His first game with the team was a friendly and he got 2 1/2 stars. But every game he's played since then he's picked up 3 stars weather playing "normal" or "offensive".

He will also be the Misfitz coach one day....

Winger of The Year

Andi Neiweiler
231 000 US$, 26 years, excellent form
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities

Stamina: solid Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: passable
Winger: solid Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

This was a 'No Contest". Andi is by far the best winger on the team. He's a 3 star to 3 1/2 star winger and dominates whatever side of the field he's on. I can't say enough about Andi and how important he is to this team. Best 94k i ever spent

Forward of The Year

Bill Wright
62 000 US$, 27 years, solid form
Has weak experience and poor leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: passable Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: solid

Another very very close call here. Abel Cano would have won this award probally if he wasn't hurt late last season for 4 weeks. It killed his form for half of this season.

As for Bill Wright...... i bought Bill for 25k in week 4 and he's been incredible. He's gottin 3 stars a game for me in every game he's played in and he's also scored 13 league goals in only 8 league games.

Midfielder of the Year

Josef Eder
343 000 US$, 20 years, excellent form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Powerful]

Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: excellent Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

This wasn't a very tough call. Josef has been the staple of my midfield all season long. He started off the season injured but once he got back into form around week 4 he was unstoppable. He's had great form since week 4 and was my first player ever to get 4 stars in a game. He's also knocked in 6 goals this season in league and cup games which is dam good for a midfielder.

Trainee of The Year

Joaquim Neiva
129 000 US$, 18 years, passable form

Winger: weak Defending: disastrous
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

this was kind of a tough call between Joaquim and Viktor. But since they're so dam close skill wise it came down to who keep the best form. And Jaoquim has been in passable or better form every game he's ever played for me. He might move into the starting line-up next season when he hits excellent PM and i sell Josef Eder.

Player Of the Year

This one really came down to just 2 players. My star winger Andi Neiweiler or my star midfielder Josef Eder.

Andi Neiweiler - Andi gets between 3 and 3.5 star a game every game. He's created as many goals for the Misfitz as anyone and helps me get a outstanding or brilliant attack rating on his side depending on form.

Josef Eder - After coming back from his injury, he spent 2 weeks with inadequate form, then the next 6 weeks in passable form, then the next 5 weeks with solid form and last week he had excellent form. He was my second player ever to reach 3.5 stars a game and the first Misfit ever to get 4 stars a game.

Its hard to take a winger over a midfielder because how random the wing attacks can be. So i had to give the Misfitz player of the year award to Josef.....

Josef Eder
343 000 US$, 20 years, excellent form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Powerful]

Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: excellent Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

Unfortunetly i'll be selling Josef next season when he hits formidable. He'll be 21 then and to old for me to train.

The End

That about does it for season 2.... i'd like to thank everyone who stuck with me and read this dynasty. I hope you enjoyed reading it.... i know i enjoyed writing it

Cya next season!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 12:30 PM   #165
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Havok,

I certainly expected to get slaughtered not end in 5-5 tie.

Sorry about the injury to Ismael Ferreira da Silva.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 12:33 PM   #166
Havok
College Starter

no problem Fink.... it wasn't a bad injury and he's already at +1.

As for the game i can't believe it was 5-5 either. I've seen alot of wierd things in HT and that ranks up there among the strangest games.

Thank god it was a friendly and not a league game

good luck next season!
Old 11-08-2003, 12:37 PM   #167
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Thanks! And best wishes to the Misfitz.

I was shocked CCFC got up 3-0 and then when the 'fitz came back to 3-3 i thought i was headed for the woodshed...

whew.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote