Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
rowech
Pro Starter

Cable box hooked wirelessly to tv?

We have to have a way to do this at this point don't we? Somehow have the tv at the opposite end of the room compared to where the box is but still get the signal to the tv somehow?

rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Welcome to two years ago......

AT&T U-verse Customers Get Wireless Cable Box Option | TIME.com
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

wireless HDMI is available, I can't testify to quality however. No way to run a long HDMI through the walls/basement/ceiling(the best bet)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

Doesn't do me any good since I don't have U-verse.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
wireless HDMI is available, I can't testify to quality however. No way to run a long HDMI through the walls/basement/ceiling(the best bet)

No chance on it. Just a bad layout.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

you're also going to need a Radio Frequency remote, unless you want to aim backwards
Old 03-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

While it probably ends up serving the same function, this is a little different than the question originally asked (as I understand it). The wireless U-verse box is wireless from the cable modem to the receiver. So, the TV and the cable box/receiver stay together, but do not have to be near a wall where the cable comes in. Again, functionally, you probably get to the same place, but if you're trying to do something like mount a TV somewhere, you're still going to have the box nearby.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Lonnie
High School Varsity

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/2-4ghz-4...245544828.html

I've used something like this for quite a while to do the same thing. However it's not HDMI or even component. It's the old yellow video with red and white audio cables. I think I threw it away a couple of years ago.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
rowech
Pro Starter

Well, I decided to go with this and hope it works...

Amazon.com: Nyrius ARIES NAVS500 HD 1080p HDMI Digital Wireless Audio Video Sender Transmitter & Receiver System with IR Remote Extender: Electronics
Old 03-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
Bobble
College Prospect

Let us know how this works for you.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

That doesnt really do the trick though. You still have to plug that box into your tv. The "next big thing" is no wire from TV to cable box.

If this solves your problem all you needed wasa good cable guy to get the cable jack closer to your TV.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
That doesnt really do the trick though. You still have to plug that box into your tv. The "next big thing" is no wire from TV to cable box.

If this solves your problem all you needed wasa good cable guy to get the cable jack closer to your TV.

Direct TV wanted 150 to drop the two lines needed for the box. I had 100 in Amazon cards. Easy decision for me. With what I bought there is no wire from the box to the tv. Just the one to the receiver. My TV can move now.

Last edited by rowech : 03-14-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
rowech
Pro Starter

Got this product today and it is simply awesome. Works as wanted and works well.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #14
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Glad it worked for you,!
However I'm still struggling getting my tech brain around this. Make sure i understand what you have, please. You have two boxes one plugs in to the DirecTV box the other plugs in to the TV, correct?

If so simply running cable from current satelite box location to new TV location would solve problem, right?

Not being obtuse, what i want to develop is the device that lets me sit the cable/sat box against a wall and have a tv floating in the middle if the room with no additional hardware. This didn't do that correct?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #15
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Glad it worked for you,!
However I'm still struggling getting my tech brain around this. Make sure i understand what you have, please. You have two boxes one plugs in to the DirecTV box the other plugs in to the TV, correct?

If so simply running cable from current satelite box location to new TV location would solve problem, right?

Not being obtuse, what i want to develop is the device that lets me sit the cable/sat box against a wall and have a tv floating in the middle if the room with no additional hardware. This didn't do that correct?

I did not have any way to run the cable from the box location to the tv without running it across the floor of the room. The attic was out because I didn't feel like paying what they were asking, the hassle of waiting around, scheduling, etc.

The TV can move anywhere I want it and it would have the smallest box receiving the signal from the box transmitter. If I wanted to I could Velcro the box to the back of the tv and it would work perfectly.

Last edited by rowech : 03-19-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #16
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think newer tvs power through USB so the size of a receiver box would be smaller than a hockey puck.