Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2003, 04:14 AM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Little Help With TCY Licensing...

Hey guys,

I have, of course, been a long time owner of TCY, but it's been a hard drive wipe or two since I had it installed.

I decided to reinstall it and have found I didn't label my license numbers (in fact, I have about 6 or 7 different codes/passwords, it seems, to different games on the same sheet of paper, and none of them are labelled--way to go, Chief ...).

So I was just wondering what the format is for the TCY licenses (if there is one). How many characters and does it go letter-number-number-number-letter-letter-etc...

It's a pain in the ass to install and uninstall until I get the right one, so I thought you guys might be able to point me in the right direction here. Thanks.

(BTW, I have the CD Version, with the CD, the original box, the manual, and even my receipt from purchasing it--and I don't have the stupid sheet with the license number on it...grrr)

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:41 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Without looking, I'm pretty sure it is all numbers.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:09 AM   #3
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
someone has to be the one:

I will gladly trade you my TCY Lic. for a copy of Net Detective...
Old 10-30-2003, 09:55 AM   #4
thealmighty
Pro Starter

If you have the CD version, the information you need to type in to unlock the game is on your receipt.
You need the name, as it is, and the number, both of which (on my receipt, anyway) are about halfway down the receipt.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:02 AM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

Hmmm, I have the CD for FOF4 and the number in that one is all numbers. Unfortunately I only have the downloaded version of TCY and have no clue where the serial number for that is...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 10-30-2003 at 10:03 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:05 AM   #6
Bee
Pro Starter

Can we ban Chief Rum for trying to pirate the game? Please?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:37 AM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, ban me!

Hmmm...I guess this isn't the standard receipt I have then. I have a print-out of the Pay Pal or whatever pay thing was used, and it's something I obviously chose to print out (I do things like that).

I think TCY was the one where the name and serial number were on this separate little sheet that came with the game. Figures that's what I would lose.

Anyway, when I get a chance tonight, I'll give a shot to one of the all-numbers serials I have written down.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:52 AM   #8
Vince
Pro Starter

Chief, my TCY is all numeric. Just confirming what most people have said already
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:53 AM   #9
Bee
Pro Starter

I think you can contact Jim with your name and address and get the info if what you have written down doesn't work.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:19 PM   #10
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bee
I think you can contact Jim with your name and address and get the info if what you have written down doesn't work.

I had to send a dollar and letter to Jim to get my license code I lost. Not a big deal, but I am just confirming.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:50 PM   #11
Buzzbee
College Starter

CR - I believe TCY uses your last name in addition to the license number, so if any of the ones you have written down have a license number coupled with some "user ID" other than your last name, you should be able to rule them out.