Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2000, 04:40 PM   #1
JW
College Prospect

Post 2007 Super Bowl: Indy 50, Saints 43

Super Bowl MVP Egerrin James scored his fourth TD of the day with 9 seconds remaining as the Colts outlasted the Saints 50-43 in the most exciting Super Bowl ever in the New Orleans Superdome.

James capped a remarkable game in which he rushed for 300 yeards on 36 carries and 3 TDs and caught 3 passes for 30 yards and l TD. He scored the game-winning TD after the Saints had tied the score at 43 on a 28-yard pass from Dana Abdul-Malik to Keith Poole and a two-point conversion with 3:59 remaining.

Abdul-Malik kept the Saints in the game by throwing for 264 yards and 2 TDs. He was 14 of 29 with 2 INTs. Poole caught 6 passes for 181 yards and 2 TDs.

The Colts broke on top 17-0 early in the second quarter before the Saints rallied back, starting with Norman Shea's 97-yard KOR. The Saints cloed to within 27-21 when Peyton Manning's hail mary at the end of the half was intercepted and returned 71 yards for a score by Saints safety Omar Sherry as time expired in the half as the Superdome crowd went wild.

The second half see-sawed back and forth, with the Saints finally tying the score for the first time on Abdul-Malik's two-point conversion pass to Andre Hutchinson following his second TD pass to Poole.

That led to Indianapolis' final drive that culminated in James' fourth TD with nine seconds left.

The crowd in the New Orleans Superdome was left limp from the excitement, but they gave the gallant Saints, playing in their first Super Bowl, a standing ovation as they left the field after the game.

(I finally get to the Super Bowl, only to lose like this. Sigh. I onlly keep box scores for the Saints, and I haven't really seen any game really out of the ordinary until this one. Wow!! By the way, the computer does my play-calling. I just watch.)

JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2000, 05:46 PM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

I just won my SB 52-42, also a real freakish accomplishment. I was ahead 42-21 but knew the opponent Ranms would come back, which they did, but we stretched out enough to hold them off. Weird game.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2000, 06:57 PM   #3
JW
College Prospect

One wonders what would have happened if I hadn't lost starting stud DT Leroi Glover in the 16th week and Ricky Williams in the 14th week.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote