Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Alcatraz

Early thoughts?

My first thought on Lucy was that she was that guy's daughter. I guess it could still be the case but I think there will end up being a different tie in.

With the ending of the second show.... wife? But he obviously aged if he was her age back then.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Which one's Lucy? The cop?

I thought it was established that the guy who killed her partner was her grandfather?

I hadn't pegged the Indian girl as the one responsible, but I was pretty sure that it was a government-conspiracy thing and that the FBI guy was more interested in covering things up then in catching them, so I give myself an A on that side of things. Of course, I guess it could turn out that he's actually after the guys too and that he is also just being used by the conspiracy.

Curious about how the criminals are getting there? The doc was drawing blood right? So could it be a cloning-thing instead of a time-travel thing?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Which one's Lucy? The cop?

I thought it was established that the guy who killed her partner was her grandfather?

I hadn't pegged the Indian girl as the one responsible, but I was pretty sure that it was a government-conspiracy thing and that the FBI guy was more interested in covering things up then in catching them, so I give myself an A on that side of things. Of course, I guess it could turn out that he's actually after the guys too and that he is also just being used by the conspiracy.

Curious about how the criminals are getting there? The doc was drawing blood right? So could it be a cloning-thing instead of a time-travel thing?

Lucy was the other girl. The one working with the old guy. I think there is a connection there.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

The only thing with the cloning thing would be the memory. The first guy clearly remembered things such as the warden and his wife/brother. Where the second guy it was hard to tell how much he remembered.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: sorry, still getting the names down. For some reason the only name I remember is Lucy, didn't even pick up the blonde's name.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The only thing with the cloning thing would be the memory. The first guy clearly remembered things such as the warden and his wife/brother. Where the second guy it was hard to tell how much he remembered.

Good point. Maybe some sort of cryogenic-suspension thing?

I just don't see that they'll use the whole "scifi" type explanation, so I guess I'm trying to figure how it could be some "not too implausibly unrealistic science" explanation.

But then again the scientist lady (Lucy)...hmm.

Clearly the old-dude is not in on it - remember he was the young guard at Alcatraz that day. So whoever is behind the conspiracy is just using him along with cop-girl.

Interesting though.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola: sorry, still getting the names down. For some reason the only name I remember is Lucy, didn't even pick up the blonde's name.

I don't recall her first name, but they were calling her Madsen (and they kept showing the grandfather's name, so that's how I remembered, heh)

The end of the second episode definitely hooked me in. Interesting to see where they will go with this.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Lucy was the other girl. The one working with the old guy. I think there is a connection there.

The connection is that she was there back there and he was a guard there. Now I guess there could be some other connection, I thought there might of been when she sort of touched his hand but I guess we will have to wait and see.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Really enjoyed this show, but with the ratings trajectory it appears as if it it won't be renewed. What a bummer.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Really enjoyed this show, but with the ratings trajectory it appears as if it it won't be renewed. What a bummer.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, if I haven't watched but have them recorded, is it worth my while?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #12
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I keep seeing this thread and wonder if they're going to be re-opening the prison.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
so, if I haven't watched but have them recorded, is it worth my while?

Meh. No idea how dangerously close it is to getting cancelled, but as far as the show's quality, its a police procedural with a twist, not an awesomely different mysterious sci-fi thing to me. And that's been fine, its not great by any stretch and I have zero expectations of major questions being answered to any sort of satisfaction, but I watch and enjoy it at that level.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #14
Mota
College Benchwarmer

It reminds me of the throw-away X-Files episodes that didn't tie into the major plotline.

The wife and I stopped watching after 4 episodes, they all felt repetitive and it just happened that 1 guy would appear at a time, they'd catch him and that would be the end of the episode.

I'm sure that over time something bigger would happen but there's a lot of TV out there and we didn't have the patience to endure what they were giving us in the beginning.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #15
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

thanks - probably will pass then
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
It reminds me of the throw-away X-Files episodes that didn't tie into the major plotline.

The wife and I stopped watching after 4 episodes, they all felt repetitive and it just happened that 1 guy would appear at a time, they'd catch him and that would be the end of the episode.

I'm sure that over time something bigger would happen but there's a lot of TV out there and we didn't have the patience to endure what they were giving us in the beginning.

There have been more tie-ins to previous prisoners and the history of those involved lately.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #17
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Despite some of the most shameless Ford tie-in promotion, the season(series?) finale was pretty entertaining.

I guess Fox lured me in with another high end premise show, only to pull the rug out once again.

Last edited by stevew : 03-26-2012 at 11:05 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You got your program in my ford commercial...

Will this show be back? The show had promise but lost me through the season. I kept watching but it never grabbed me.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #19
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm a couple episodes behind and I like, but not love the show. Each episode seems to fill in a little more of the puzzle, and there are intriguing bits like when the good doctor wakes up-what happens. The warden just creeps me out and that's a good thing, and looking forward to the fireworks when Rebecca finds out just how much her boss really knows about what's going on here.

So I hope it will get a second season, but not sure how much longer they can push the mystery after that.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #20
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I just wanted to echo the sentiments here and frankly for 75% of theie audience. The show was cool for awhile but they ran out of scripts and had to start re-using them.

Also, Sam Neill is absolutely positively awful in this. Completely unwatchable.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #21
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I hope it comes back, I just caught up. but damn too many questions not enough answers I hate you jj abrams.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #22
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Dola, the Bullitt homage was awesome though.