Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-18-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

IWS #50 Results!!!!

Here ya go. I'm sory about not posting this last night, but I wasn't feeling well so I hit the hay.

Let's start with the questions and answers:

1. After Puerto Rico becomes the 51st state, what area, territory, province or region will become the 52nd state of America?

Canada - 7
Cuba - 4
Iraq - 3
Quebec - 2
Guam, D.C., Virgin Islands, Ontario - 1 each

I thought this was a fun little question. Canada obviously won, but I liked the D.C. answer. Iraq? Seriously?

2. Name a player currently on the NFL Injured Reserve list.

Willis McGahee - 4
Mike Alstott - 3
James Stewart - 3
Chris Hanson - 2
Michael Vick - 2
Joe Johnson, Fred Taylor, Jermaine Lewis, Roosevelt Colvin, Ian Gold, and Vaugn Parker - 1 each

I wanted a couple of football questions. I figured that Chris Hanson would run away with this since his IR was so recent and interesting. Vick, Taylor and McGahee would be surprised to find out that they are on IR I'm sure.

3. How many musical CD’s do you own?

100 - 7
150 - 4
0 - 3
20 - 2
5, 50, 10 - 1 each

Just a variant off the now classic "Name a number," question.

4. Other than Pikachu, name a Pokemon.

Charmander - 4
Squirtle - 3
Raichu - 2
All Others - 1

First of all, I think that if Pokemon had been made back during the Super Nintendo days, we would all think of Pokemon as just as classic as Zelda and Castlevania. The games are really good. I figured that the "Char" answers would split up (Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard) leaving Bulbasaur or Squirtle to win. Bulbasaur only got one answer, however, and only one other player named another Char. Some people did research on this question, but went to the wrong places. Xatu? Mew? Golem? Treecko? Takishi? These are not average, everyday pokemon. Other answers included Ruby, Ash, Charmeleon, Meowth, and Koffing.

This was my answer to the Powerpuff Girls question asked earlier in order to prove a point. No modern day kids stuff anymore, okay folks.

5. Automatic or Standard?

Automatic - 13
Standard - 7

Many of the questions were hard, so I wanted to toss in a thumper question. Turns out, you had to answer Automatic to have a shot at the prize. Four of the top 5 answered Automatic.

6. Name a strength or conditioning coach in the NFL.

Kent Johnson - 4
Joe Juraszek - 2
Garrett Giemont - 2
Greg Finnegan - 2
Chris Clausen, Don't Know, no idea, John Dunn, Johnny Parker, Mike Morris, Dave Parker, Steve Watterson, Kim Wood, Tim Adams - 1 each

And the other NFL question. A bit harder I thought, but it would really test yoyr knowledge of the NFL. Think that you are a real football fan? Answer this question.

Okay then, without further ado. Here are the final scores (I am going to try to cut and paste from Excel. We'll see how it goes...)

Code:
albionmoonlight Canada 7 Roosevelt Colvin 1 100 7 Squirtle 3 Automatic 13 Kent Johnson 4 7644 Noop Cuba 4 Willis McGahee 4 0 3 Charmander 4 Automatic 13 Garrett Giemont 2 4992 Sublime Cuba 4 Willis McGahee 4 20 2 Charmander 4 Standard 7 Kent Johnson 4 3584 cartman Cuba 4 Chris Hanson 2 150 4 Raichu 2 Automatic 13 Kent Johnson 4 3328 JeeberD Canada 7 Willis McGahee 4 150 4 Treecko 1 Automatic 13 Joe Juraszek 2 2912 Dutch Canada 7 Mike Alstott 3 100 7 Raichu 2 Standard 7 Don't Know 1 2058 TheLionKing Canada 7 Mike Alstott 3 100 7 Ruby 1 Automatic 13 Tim Adams 1 1911 pjstp20 Canada 7 Willis McGahee 4 100 7 Takishi 1 Standard 7 Dave Redding 1 1372 panerd Iraq 3 Michael Vick 2 100 7 Ash 1 Automatic 13 Greg Finnegan 2 1274 Maple Leafs Quebec 2 James Stewart 3 100 7 Meowth 1 Automatic 13 Greg Finnegan 2 1274 msf518 Canada 7 Fred Taylor 1 0 3 Koffing 1 Stick Shift 7 Kent Johnson 4 588 Chief Rum Canada 7 Vaughn Parker 1 100 7 Xatu 1 Standard 7 Steve Watterson 1 343 Swaggs US Virgin Islands 1 Chris Hanson 2 150 4 Squirtle 3 Automatic 13 no idea 1 312 MikeVic Quebec 2 Mike Alstott 3 10 1 Charmander 4 Automatic 13 Johnny Parker 1 312 RPI-Fan Iraq 3 James Stewart 3 5 1 Charmander 4 Standard 7 Chris Clausen 1 252 MIJB#19 Iraq 3 Joe Johnson 1 0 3 Charmeleon 1 Automatic 13 Joe Juraszek 2 234 Suicane75 Cuba 4 Michael Vick 2 20 2 Golem 1 Automatic 13 Mike Morris 1 208 Alf Ontario 1 James Stewart 3 150 4 Bulbasaur 1 Automatic 13 Kim Wood 1 156 Archer219 Guam 1 Jermaine Lewis 1 100 7 Squirtle 3 Standard 7 John Dunn 1 147 QuikSand Washington, DC 1 Ian Gold 1 50 1 Mew 1 Automatic 13 Garrett Giemont 2 26

Congrats to albionmoonlight!!! Good luck to you in number 51 and thanks to all of our participants!!!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-18-2003 at 02:48 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 02:58 PM   #2
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Man, I forgot about Charmander. He rules.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 03:18 PM   #3
mckerney
Coordinator

I know correctness doesn't count, but neither McGahee or Vick or on Injured Reserve. I believe they're on Physically Unable to Perform.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 03:22 PM   #4
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Only twenty people?
Old 10-18-2003, 08:53 PM   #5
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
I know correctness doesn't count, but neither McGahee or Vick or on Injured Reserve. I believe they're on Physically Unable to Perform.
Not to mention that Canada is not an area, territory, province or region , but is in fact a country. It happened a few years ago, you could look it up.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 08:58 PM   #6
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Can't say I liked these questions at all. Maybe the game has evolved, but I always thought of it as a psychological game, not a trivia game (which is what Anxiety tried to make it, at least with that last question, I think)...
Old 10-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Ugh.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:42 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by RPI-Fan
Can't say I liked these questions at all. Maybe the game has evolved, but I always thought of it as a psychological game, not a trivia game (which is what Anxiety tried to make it, at least with that last question, I think)...

Many were psychological, they were just harder psychological. For the first, for example, do you choose something reasonable, like, say, Saskatchawan, or something bizarre but easy to guess like Cuba, Canada, etc? Psychological.

Most people don't know a strength or consitiong coach off the top of their head. So which team do you go look up? That's just as psychological as "Name an NFL Team"

And so forth. In fact, the psycholofy is there, its just more subtle...

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:35 PM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Anxiety
This was my answer to the Powerpuff Girls question asked earlier in order to prove a point. No modern day kids stuff anymore, okay folks.

Touche'

Damn Pokeman question killed my chances...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:47 PM   #10
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quiksand was in last place I guess Quik is losing his Mojo.

noop
Old 10-20-2003, 03:09 AM   #11
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand
Ugh.
You'll get over it, trust me.

Charmeleon? shoot! Of course I wanted to type Charmander...
Joe Johnson? How could I have forgotten about Mike Alstott? I even canned him from my fantasy team a week or two before he was "injured reserve"-ed.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:15 AM   #12
Alf
Pro Starter

I am not last, but as expected, I am in the bottom tier...
Old 10-20-2003, 10:52 AM   #13
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Yea! I love winning IWS.

Since I have done one already, I will open this up for anyone who wants to run #51. First to reply here gets the chance. If no one replies in a day or two, I'll post #51.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:57 AM   #14
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by albionmoonlight
Yea! I love winning IWS.

Since I have done one already, I will open this up for anyone who wants to run #51. First to reply here gets the chance. If no one replies in a day or two, I'll post #51.
I'll take it.

(I feel so cheap.)
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 03:18 AM   #15
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs
I'll take it.

(I feel so cheap.)
You should feel cheap.
The two times I hosted, I scored 3rd and 2nd places in the previous IWS's.

MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote