Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Rest In Peace - Ronnie Montrose (1947-2012)

Rest In Peace

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/...sitemID=170627

Quote:
Legendary American rock guitarist Ronnie Montrose died earlier today (Saturday, March 3) after a five-year battle with prostate cancer. He was 64 years old.

Montrose's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"A few months ago, we held a surprise party for Ronnie Montrose's 64th birthday. He gave an impromptu speech, and told us that after a long life, filled with joy and hardship, he didn't take any of our love for granted.

"He passed today. He'd battled cancer, and staved off old age for long enough. And true to form, he chose his own exit the way he chose his own life. We miss him already, but we're glad to have shared with him while we could."

In a September 2011 interview with North County Times, Montrose revealed that he didn't pick up his guitar for two years following his cancer diagnosis. "I had prostate cancer that, for me, was debilitating," he said. "I didn't touch a guitar for two years, but when I realized I was seeing the light at the end of the recovery tunnel and was going to live pain-free, I realized again that it was a fun little instrument to play."

He added, "I've blocked all my health issues out of my mind. That's a portion of my life that I'm done with. Now, I can't wait for every day to come so I can wake up and plug in. I'm up there entertaining myself and my playing is stronger than ever, because my excitement is back." ...

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Damn, RIP.

He and Sammy put out some classic stuff.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #3
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

My dad played drums with him on many an occasion and never had a bad thing to say about the guy. I never got to meet him, as I was away at college.

RIP.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Buccaneer
Head Coach

The very first rock concert I went to was a rock fest at ASU stadium (that was my first job) that featured Santana, Montrose and others, as well as where they filmed the concert scene for A Star Is Born.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote