Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2003, 10:39 PM   #51
TroyF
Coordinator

Well, the Yankees can now win tomorrow and I can forget about watching another game this post season. I can't even begin to say how much I hate both of those teams. nah, that's not fair. . . I have no problems with the teams themselves. I can't stand their owners. I REALLY can't stand their owners.

TroyF

TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:40 PM   #52
markprior22
High School Varsity

Very, very frustrating series. Cubs have no one to blame but themselves. After last night, I couldn't believe Dusty left Wood in as long as he did. I was listening to the Cubs radio broadcast and they kept saying "Dusty absolutely doesn't want to go to the pen now" (4th-5th inning). I'm thinking "Why the hell not?" Relievers are rested...next two days are off...that just makes no sense. Wood really stepped it up down the stretch but he just didn't have it tonight. I am extremely disappointed in Bakers handling of the pen. I know the Cubs bullpen sucks but when your guy just doesn't have it, you've got to try someone else.

I agree with the above poster about the Marlins playing smart, aggressive baseball. They came into Wrigley and beat the Cubs top two guys. It does suck that the Cubs put 6 on the board and couldn't win...What's a Cub fan to say other than "wait til next year"?
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:44 PM   #53
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs
I think that if I could pick one guy for one game from the remaining four teams, I'd pass on Pedro, Manny, Jeter, Sammy, etc. and take Pudge Rodriguez. That guy is unreal.

I was very disappointed for the Cubs, but after the way he got screwed by the Texas Rangers, and the fact that he's been a great player for so long, I'm pretty happy for Pudge Rodriguez.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:45 PM   #54
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's unfortunate that Cubs fans will look at this as a disappointment, considering the season they had. They only won 2 more games than the Royals last year. And considering the hype the Royals got for finishing 3rd in the worst division in baseball, Cubs fans should be extremely happy with the team's progress and look forward to the next couple of years.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:46 PM   #55
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by markprior22
Very, very frustrating series. Cubs have no one to blame but themselves. After last night, I couldn't believe Dusty left Wood in as long as he did. I was listening to the Cubs radio broadcast and they kept saying "Dusty absolutely doesn't want to go to the pen now" (4th-5th inning). I'm thinking "Why the hell not?" Relievers are rested...next two days are off...that just makes no sense. Wood really stepped it up down the stretch but he just didn't have it tonight. I am extremely disappointed in Bakers handling of the pen. I know the Cubs bullpen sucks but when your guy just doesn't have it, you've got to try someone else.

I agree with the above poster about the Marlins playing smart, aggressive baseball. They came into Wrigley and beat the Cubs top two guys. It does suck that the Cubs put 6 on the board and couldn't win...What's a Cub fan to say other than "wait til next year"?

Dusty's been leaving them in too long ever since he started managing. His late season and series collapses are legendary in the NL West. It's a testimony to the greatness of last year's Giants team that they made it to a game 7 of the World Series in SPITE of Dusty Baker.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:53 PM   #56
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

The Rangers didn't screw Pudge. The market screwed Pudge.

I can't believe I am defending my local softball team....
HornedFrog Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:15 PM   #57
JeeberD
General Manager

I really hope the Sox win tomorrow...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:32 PM   #58
astralhaze
College Prospect

I am so disappointed and sad right now I can't find the right words.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:08 AM   #59
SuburbanPimp
Mascot

go orioles.

yeah.

Opening Acts: Ben McDonald's Gopher Ball Band, The Disabled List (feat. David Segui & Glenn Davis), The CAL-VINE! Tribute Band, plus a cast of dozens!!

FINAL RECORD: 78-84. I think we're getting there. Now, it's time to get some pitching over the winter.

FEAR MIGGY & THE ORIOLE IN 2005, BABY!!
SuburbanPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:15 AM   #60
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sorry for all the Cubs fans. Being a Red Sox fan, I heart your pain. Too bad it didn't work out. Next to the Red Sox, there is no other team I would like to see win it all than the Cubbies. I hope this year's success will serve as a building block for next year.

And congrats to the Marlin fans!
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:37 AM   #61
haji1
Mascot

Down 3-1 with everyone saying it was over with Prior and Wood to pitch games 6 and 7. I guess this is why they play the games.
haji1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:08 AM   #62
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Now all that is left is for the Rex Sox to collapse with a late lead, both losers deserve a fitting end of the season to continue the streaks. Maybe hitting into a tripple play down a run in the ninth. Or a challenge for not stepping on a base. I mean we need something really epic, now that we can't have them both in the series.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:07 AM   #63
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally posted by Glengoyne
I mean we need something really epic, now that we can't have them both in the series.

Given that they are playing the Yankees, I think a simple loss in game 7 would still be appropos, if not "epic."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:13 AM   #64
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Go Marlins!!! Still haven't lost a post season series!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 08:52 AM   #65
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by Glengoyne
Now all that is left is for the Rex Sox to collapse with a late lead, both losers deserve a fitting end of the season to continue the streaks. Maybe hitting into a tripple play down a run in the ninth. Or a challenge for not stepping on a base. I mean we need something really epic, now that we can't have them both in the series.

Shut your cake-hole. And to think I liked you.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:51 AM   #66
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I am thoroughly convinced that the only way the Cubs or Red Sox (or White Sox, for that matter) can possibly win the World Series is if they played one another and one came out on top. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem like it'll happen any other way to me. I fully expect that either the Yanks win tonight or the Marlins win in the World Series as a result.

(This is from a neutral observer who's got no dogs in the fights.)
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:25 AM   #67
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo