Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Alright boyz, here we go; MLB 2K11 impressions thread

I know we have one for The Show but none for the 2K game yet.

I picked it up earlier and will post impressions here as I get a chance to play later tonight.

I usually go with The Show but 2K won me over enough with NBA 2K11 that I decided to give this one a try instead.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Comey
College Starter

I keep waiting for it to drop on Steam; I don't want to play it on anything but the PC, but I don't want to use a disc. Hopefully it comes soon.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I keep waiting for it to drop on Steam; I don't want to play it on anything but the PC, but I don't want to use a disc. Hopefully it comes soon.

Ditto. Looking forward to trying out the be-a-pro equivalent mode on my PC, but would rather buy on Steam.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's actually a fun game.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
It's actually a fun game.

Agreed. Been having a really good time with "My Player" and random exhibition games (360 version). It's just so much better than I expected. It probably helps that I didn't play 2K9 or 2K10, but played the bejezus out of The Show.

I also have The Show 11 for the PS3, and while it's clearly the better all-around game from a technical standpoint, I'm having too much fun with 2K11 to play it...
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Johnny93g
College Starter

This is the first baseball game i have ever purchased for the 360. I think it looks great most of the time. There's a terrible franchise bug. When you play your games, no one playing in the game, your team or the other team fatigues. Other then that, I haven't seen or had a problem with any bugs.

I think hitting is a bit too easy. That's probably slider stuff though. I'm very happy with it so far. The presentation is amazing. Day games look unbelievable.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I haven't played anything but The Show for the past few years so my initial optinions are somewhat affected by that. They are based on The Show 10 to be more specific as I have not played the new one yet.

Early impressions are based entirely on the My Player mode so far ad Ihave not tried anything but basic default playing styles...

I am using a centerfielder.

Batting
- I like that I seem to be able to judge the pitches a little better in this game than in The Show 10.
- I LOVE using the stick for batting instead of the buttons (I know the new The Show game uses the stick so I would like to try that sometime). I have found myself swinging away at bad pitches much less frequently. There seems to be something about the motion of using the stick to swing over just a flinch of a button press that keep me from that split second impatient response that I get with the buttons.
- Not a fan of the power swing yet though. It seems that I am always late when I try it unless I start too soon when I have no idea yet where the pitch is going. May just take some getting used to.
- I like that there are goals for each at bat and that I haven't seen a negative yet (especially when you could get a negative in The Show for things that aren't your fault).
- I is a very limited sample size but I hope that I haven't found a bug. Every time the first pitch thrown to me a ball when I received the goal "get ahead in the count". I haven't had that goal a lot but I will keep an eye on this.
- Additional question about the "don't swing at a pitch out of the strike zone" goal. Only got that goal one time and there was only one pitch thrown to me that was in the strikezone that at bat.

Baserunning
- HATE it, but I hated the baserunning in The Show as well.
- Can't figure out the timing for stealing at all. It seems I either start too soon or my player doesn't start running until the ball is almost to the catcher.

Fielding
- I hated the fielding camera at first but then it grew on me and it at times a huge plus.
- Once I got used to it I noticed that it seems quite satisfying when making a catch as it almost seems like you are really there making that catch because of the camera angle.
- Unfortunately this also leads to some confusion if you miss.
- Odd decision when it brings up the overhead view of the field to show the positioning changes (if you are shifted) as it shows that with the view of the batter so it always takes a bit to interpret that from your angle.

My Player
- Wish there was a draft (you can either select a team or have it select a random team for you).
- I like how the skill points are handled. It actually breaks them out into three categories and you use them accordingly.
- Wish you had control over the initial ratings.
- It borrows a lot from the NBA 2K11 My Player mode and much of that will look familiar if you have played that game.
- I like how it tracks your immediate goals right on your home screen so you can see more detail without jumping through menus.
- Some odd decisions so far by the manager as I started batting 5th and after about 10 games I was down to 7th, back to 6th now. The puzzling part is that I am hitting close to .400 through all of this and have the best average on the team.

Presentation
- Can't really judge this good enough yet as I have just played My Player and am in AA at the moment (not sure how much it changes when you make the bigs) for it seems very no frills at the moment.
- Odd decision on win probability graph. It puts it right under the scoreboard but it has the home team at the top and away at the bottom. With it going right under the scoreboard you would think they would want it to be the same (away on top and home on bottom). Noticed that when my team was up 7-0 in a game as the visitors and the win probablilty graph was pinged to the bottom. First thought was how it thought the home team had the best win probability at that point then saw that the teams were opposite on that graph.

Early Impression
I think The Show (from last year at least) presents a much more realistic game of baseball. This game is still fun but it feels like you are playing a video game about baseball and not an actual game of baseball.

I am not getting a completely immersed feeling like The Show gives me. I can't tell you one other player on my team and I have played 15 games in My Player. In The Show I got to "know" a couple of the other players that would be around me in the order.

I think it has better load times than The Show. That always bugged the hell out of me, especially when there would be games in which I would only get a pinch hit appearance and it felt like it took three times longer to load than my actual at bat.

NBA 2K11 it ain't; but it may still be a fun game to play.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Updates
- Glad to see that the question I had about the "get ahead in the count" goal seemed to be just coincidence that first day. That was not the case when I played last night so it is not a pattern at least.
- Still some odd coaching decisions, I had to go into a slump to be placed in the cleanup spot. Seemed like I was being moved back in the lineup the better I was doing (looks odd when you see the lineup full of hitters in the mid .200's and then you see the 7 hole hitter is hitting .385).
- A few scoring issues. Reached base on a throwing error and given an RBI. A different at bat I reached base only because of a bad throw on a routine ground ball and was given a hit.
- Will need to look for sliders and recommended settings to use as it seems that baserunning is off. I have seen way too many 2 out hits not score the runner at second (when I am hitting) yet when I am fielding and a ball is hit to me the runner seems like he is around third and halfway home when I get the ball.
- Still loving the fielding camera. As I said in the last post, once I got used to it it just seemed to work well.
- Still no clue how to steal successfully.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Update

- This singles game is getting annoying as hell. I have started to play with sliders as the game has been pretty much base to base. Hopefully the sliders are working a little as I finally drove in a runner from second with a single the last game.
- Baserunning is getting even more annoying. The only way I can get a steal is if a wild pitch or passed ball happens.
- More baserunning issues. It doesn't seem very fluid when you get to a base. It also isn't responsive. I had tried to round a base one time by holding in the trigger and my player stopped at second so I let go of the trigger. It must have already registered that I wanted to go to the next base as after the runner came to a complete stop he started to run. By the time it registered that I wanted to go back it was too late and I was in no man's land.
- There is absolutely no personality as you play the game. I still don't give a damn about the team and it doesn't make you feel like you want to. NBA2K11 I can get into the team game to the point of wanting to watch even when I am on the bench. This game makes me not care.
- I can't see how your player won't be rated 99 soon enough in this game. It seems like the points are easy to come by (except the baserunning so far).

I am getting rather annoyed with my decision at this point. I heard that the game had progressed and let my love of the NBA game sway my decision (that and The Show being reported as having the same bugs as last year).

Last edited by EagleFan : 03-16-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Update

- This singles game is getting annoying as hell. I have started to play with sliders as the game has been pretty much base to base. Hopefully the sliders are working a little as I finally drove in a runner from second with a single the last game.
- Baserunning is getting even more annoying. The only way I can get a steal is if a wild pitch or passed ball happens.
- More baserunning issues. It doesn't seem very fluid when you get to a base. It also isn't responsive. I had tried to round a base one time by holding in the trigger and my player stopped at second so I let go of the trigger. It must have already registered that I wanted to go to the next base as after the runner came to a complete stop he started to run. By the time it registered that I wanted to go back it was too late and I was in no man's land.
- There is absolutely no personality as you play the game. I still don't give a damn about the team and it doesn't make you feel like you want to. NBA2K11 I can get into the team game to the point of wanting to watch even when I am on the bench. This game makes me not care.
- I can't see how your player won't be rated 99 soon enough in this game. It seems like the points are easy to come by (except the baserunning so far).

I am getting rather annoyed with my decision at this point. I heard that the game had progressed and let my love of the NBA game sway my decision (that and The Show being reported as having the same bugs as last year).

Hi EF - Wanted to reply to this post in particular as I am having a different experience so far with all "out of the box" settings. These experiences are with the "MLB Today" games, so your mileage may vary with My Player...

- I am not seeing any issue with too many singles or only station to station scoring. If anything, I'm looking for a way to maybe tone down the triples.

- I am finding stealing both enjoyable, and relatively easy to execute with good runners. Love the "release the trigger to jump" mechanism...

- Can't argue with the base running in general though. Can't believe how bad the "rounding the base" animations are as well.

- I am finding the "personality" in this game to be a touch better than The Show 11, as long as you can put up with the HORRENDOUS player models in 2K11.

- I have a starting pitcher in My Player mode, and while the skill points are coming a bit quicker than they do in The Show RTTS mode, I appreciate that I can get my career going faster. It's more fun...
Old 03-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
Qrusher14242
High School JV

I have it for the PC and was playing the postseason mode. I was in the 8th inning of Game of the NLDS and was up 6-4 and got the 3rd out and the game is over?? LOL It didnt even go to the ninth inning. I guess i wont the series lol

I checked the box score and it shows to the 8th and then the 9th has - marks for both teams. It didnt do that in the first 2 games of the series.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Hi EF - Wanted to reply to this post in particular as I am having a different experience so far with all "out of the box" settings. These experiences are with the "MLB Today" games, so your mileage may vary with My Player...

- I am not seeing any issue with too many singles or only station to station scoring. If anything, I'm looking for a way to maybe tone down the triples.

- I am finding stealing both enjoyable, and relatively easy to execute with good runners. Love the "release the trigger to jump" mechanism...

- Can't argue with the base running in general though. Can't believe how bad the "rounding the base" animations are as well.

- I am finding the "personality" in this game to be a touch better than The Show 11, as long as you can put up with the HORRENDOUS player models in 2K11.

- I have a starting pitcher in My Player mode, and while the skill points are coming a bit quicker than they do in The Show RTTS mode, I appreciate that I can get my career going faster. It's more fun...

I'll try a different mode to see if it plays better. The base to base is really ruining the game for me in My Player mode. I keep hoping that it gets better, gets tiring failing the goal of knocking the run in from second even though I singled but the runner stopped at third. There just seems to be a big difference between how fast my player gets to a ball in the gap and how the other team gets to that same ball in the gap.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #13
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
I'll try a different mode to see if it plays better. The base to base is really ruining the game for me in My Player mode. I keep hoping that it gets better, gets tiring failing the goal of knocking the run in from second even though I singled but the runner stopped at third. There just seems to be a big difference between how fast my player gets to a ball in the gap and how the other team gets to that same ball in the gap.

I haven't noticed any problems with this playing franchise
TML
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Playing franchise and still the same issue. No first to thirds and no runner scoring from second on a single. While batting I hadonly one chance to even try a first to third and it was on a hit and run but my runner stopped at second even though I was holding the advance, after pausinghe started to run but it was too late at that point.

The CPU had two out singles with a runner at second and their runner just planted himself at third once he reached the base.

This reminds me of the baseball game on the Oddessy (sp?) from back in the 80's. Runners advance only as far as the batter. Or the baseball game on Wii sports.

It looks nice but there is nothing that makes me feel like there is an actual baseball game being played.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #15
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

MLB 2K11 Hits and Misses | pastapadre.com
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #17
SackAttack
Head Coach

Got my review copy in the other day, been fooling with "My Player." Baserunning is a mess, yeah. Manual says to hold down the trigger for a steal attempt, but that apparently only works with the maximum possible lead unless you want to get picked off. Otherwise, the catcher will have the ball before the player runs.

Had a goal to 'drive in the run' (as distinct from 'drive in the runs', which I've also seen) with runners on 2nd/3rd. I hit a single. The run scores. I fail my goal.

That's...sad.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Got my review copy in the other day, been fooling with "My Player." Baserunning is a mess, yeah. Manual says to hold down the trigger for a steal attempt, but that apparently only works with the maximum possible lead unless you want to get picked off. Otherwise, the catcher will have the ball before the player runs.

Had a goal to 'drive in the run' (as distinct from 'drive in the runs', which I've also seen) with runners on 2nd/3rd. I hit a single. The run scores. I fail my goal.

That's...sad.

It's kind of like the game was made by someone that doesn't actually know anything about baseball.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #19
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

I guess it's really a case of "YMMV" on this game. I'm a lifelong baseball nut and I'm still loving this game. Not seeing the problems reported on this thread, but then again I'm not really looking for them.

For example, with a man on first, I have yet to see the CPU not take third on a single to the gap or down the first base line. I'm also not having problems with the steal system - as a matter of fact I find that it works great...

EF, I'll save a video and post it here so you don't think I'm smoking something when it comes to the base running...
Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

PF, are you PS3 or 360? Wondering if there was a difference there.

I sold the game as I couldn't stand it anymore. It completely ruined the My Player mode for me, which is a shame because I liked the batting interface. I did not get one RBI with a single and a runner on 2nd, many of those were with 2 outs. Only once I remember seeing a runner advance more bases than me and that is when I had trouble rounding first on what ended as a double, but would have been a triple if I didn't mess up rounding first (the runner from 1st scored).

Glad you are enjoying the game but I have gone back to The Show.

FTR (I had the 360 version, the PS3 is only for The Show, a couple PS only titles and BlueRay as I can't stand the controller).
Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #21
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

EF - 360. Just loaded up the game and in the first inning I had the Pirates put a man on second and I gave up a single to left and the runner came home to score. When I tried to save a video of the play, it started with the left fielder collecting the ball, so I'm unable to post the play from beginning to end. So there's one definite knock I have against the game, the replay upload feature needs a bigger buffer!!

Anyhow, one big thing I forgot about was my sliders. I turned AI baserunner aggressiveness up to 80 based on a slider set at OS, so maybe that's the difference in our experiences?

As for The Show, I'm playing that too. Love 'em both!!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 AM   #22
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
It's kind of like the game was made by someone that doesn't actually know anything about baseball.

I figured that out when the pitcher kept trying to pick me off first base with the bases loaded on a 3-2 count and 2 out and the first baseman nowhere near the bag.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

That's...sad.

Figured out the base stealing. You hold the trigger down, as the manual says, but what it doesn't tell you is that you're not supposed to let go until you're ready to run, which explains why I was getting picked off with regularity.

Of course, that doesn't excuse the pitcher COMMITTING A FUCKING BALK ON EVERY PICKOFF ATTEMPT when that happens.

By rule, you cannot throw to an unoccupied base unless you're making a play on the runner. 99% of the pickoff attempts on me aren't a throw over to first, but the pitcher whirling and throwing to second a second or two before my runner actually takes off.

Sorry, Charlie. By rule, that's a balk and I'm entitled to 2nd base. Unless, you know, I'm playing MLB2k11, apparently.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
Butter
Coordinator

I had fun with the demo this weekend. I thought both the pitching and hitting were challenging, but not ridiculously so. I actually threw some walks, and took a couple myself, which is a rarity in a video baseball game. If a game can get the pitcher/hitter confrontation right, that is a fair chunk of the game that would be a whole lot of fun. I thought throwing a pitch was challenging, and when it came together right was an absolute blast (throwing a pinpoint 12-6 curve with Zito was awesome).

I thought the fielding was a bit wonky at times, but I didn't see anything like a clear fly ball fall because the outfielder merely "jogged" towards it, or the 2nd baseman not being chosen on a reachable ground ball like I have heard reported elsewhere.

I am considering a purchase on this, just to have a baseball game on the XBox 360. Anyone else with this have any impressions, positive or negative?
Old 04-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #25
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I had fun with the demo this weekend. I thought both the pitching and hitting were challenging, but not ridiculously so. I actually threw some walks, and took a couple myself, which is a rarity in a video baseball game. If a game can get the pitcher/hitter confrontation right, that is a fair chunk of the game that would be a whole lot of fun. I thought throwing a pitch was challenging, and when it came together right was an absolute blast (throwing a pinpoint 12-6 curve with Zito was awesome).

I thought the fielding was a bit wonky at times, but I didn't see anything like a clear fly ball fall because the outfielder merely "jogged" towards it, or the 2nd baseman not being chosen on a reachable ground ball like I have heard reported elsewhere.

I am considering a purchase on this, just to have a baseball game on the XBox 360. Anyone else with this have any impressions, positive or negative?

The last few games notwithstanding (when I've suddenly started popping everything up weakly), I've really enjoyed the offensive game, mainly because I CAN HIT. And draw walks.

Which hasn't been true of a baseball game in a long damn time. So I will give MLB2k11 its due for that.

I'm not as disgusted with the run game as I was previously, since it's actually possible to attempt the hit-and-run or steal a base now that I've figured out that trigger bit, but I do dislike that the pitcher never looks over at first or second base. Ever. I got picked off third earlier by a righty earlier today because the pickoff move was so realistic compared to everything else I've seen that it caught me completely off guard.

Defense is weird, at least in 'My Player' mode. I don't know that I have much to say about it.

Pitching, I like the idea of the gesture-based controls, but I dislike that I don't apparently have the option to either use them or go the old analog route.

So I dunno. I'm not sure how much fun I'd have with franchise mode (haven't really fucked around with that yet), but My Player has at least mostly been a blast.

I wish there were more ways to pick up baserunning points in My Player, though. So far, all I've found is 'advance safely,' 'stolen base,' and 'score run.' I'd imagine there's also some for advancing safely on a hit-and-run, but you don't see that goal often enough for it to really come into play. There doesn't seem to be anything for going from first to third on a single, and you're actually worse off scoring from second than you would be stopping at third and hoping to score on the next play, because however many bases you advance in a play, you get the same +10 for advancing.

Which is bizarre, because you get points for each run you drive in if you hit a three-run homer, say.

So as a result, I've met all of my promotion goals except for my speed rating goal, which I'm having a booger of a time getting points for right now because guys on first are stopping at second on my singles, so I can't steal, and the guys who come up behind me largely aren't hitting, so I'm not getting many advancement opportunities. I have to wait for the end of the month and do the training minigame, I guess.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #26
SackAttack
Head Coach

I hit my second homer after being called up to the big leagues, and as soon as it went to show the replay, the game froze on me.

If women or children are near, you may wish to ask them to leave the room.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #27
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

lol
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #28
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

XBox 360 and PC patches are out. Any thoughts? I'm considering buying the 360 version at this point.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #29
Johnny93g
College Starter

I'll preface this with I don't have ps3 and have never played the Show. So I have nothing to compare it to.

Played 2 post patch games yesterday, and i felt right. The amount of hits, the type of hits. I got punished making mistakes to Miguel Cabrera and felt like I had to pitch around him every time. I stole a few bases but also got caught stealing twice. The pre patch lag looks to be gone. Franchise fatigue is working.

To me, it is a great game now, and I am really enjoying it.
TML
Old 05-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #30
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

It was already my favorite sports game of the year, and now it's even better with the patch, most notably the hit variety...
Old 07-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #31
gstelmack
Pro Starter

$10 on Steam today.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #32
Comey
College Starter

Sweet...I didn't think it was even released on Steam; it doesn't show up in the sports category for me. Danke.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #33
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Yeah, I'd been keeping my eye out for it myself, and then it shows up at $10. Well, saved me some money along the way.

Still working on my timing with the hitting, but having fun with My Player. Made a SS in the Red Sox organization, hoping I can finally plug that hole once and for all for them...
Old 07-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #34
gstelmack
Pro Starter

If I could just get my timing down, I might be a better hitter. I'll go from "Way Early" on one pitch to "Way Late" on the next. Hitting around .200 and very streaky. Of course I'm only 49/58 contact vs L/R, so with any luck it will improve as my contact does.

But thoroughly enjoying MyPlayer mode. A bit more clunky on progression than NBA 2k11, but pretty close.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #35
gstelmack
Pro Starter

So is there any reason to advance my "Eye" skills if I'm hitting? I know in NBA 2k11 the "Awareness" skills seem like a waste, but in reality help quite a bit, especially on defense, by having your player make some automatic moves, and generally respond much quicker. Will an improved "Eye" skill help me hit better, maybe improve the bat location, or swing speed, or something similar? Or is it strictly an AI skill that my human reflexes are replacing?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #36
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
So is there any reason to advance my "Eye" skills if I'm hitting? I know in NBA 2k11 the "Awareness" skills seem like a waste, but in reality help quite a bit, especially on defense, by having your player make some automatic moves, and generally respond much quicker. Will an improved "Eye" skill help me hit better, maybe improve the bat location, or swing speed, or something similar? Or is it strictly an AI skill that my human reflexes are replacing?
If your Eye rating is high enough, you will get an onscreen indicator telling you what pitch you're about to see and its general location. For example, you'll know if a high fastball is coming. You won't always know if it'll be in the strike zone or not, but you'll know something.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #37
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
If your Eye rating is high enough, you will get an onscreen indicator telling you what pitch you're about to see and its general location. For example, you'll know if a high fastball is coming. You won't always know if it'll be in the strike zone or not, but you'll know something.

Great, thanks. I'll put points in there then.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #38
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I'd never know how to steal if it weren't for this thread, so now: how do you properly run when the hitter decides to bunt? This is MyPlayer, so I'm controlling the baserunner. It's too late to get a jump when he puts the bat down, and so you can't seem to start running until after he actually makes contact. And then my player seems to pause after the hit before he'll actually take off. Sometimes I get burned because I hit the trigger a second time, so if I actually make it safely to the next base I end up rounding it and then getting out.

Also, do hot/cold streaks happen a lot at the major level? I spent one season in AA, got invited to spring training, and am now back at AA to start the next season, but by the end of spring training every hitter was either hot or cold? After a 4-for-7 2-game pair I went from cold to hot, then struck out once and was back to cold. I hope the majors aren't like that when I get there, because otherwise I'm thoroughly enjoying playing.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #39
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The XBox360 version of this is insufferable. Got it via Blockbuster online and goodness gracious, how in the hell is pitching and hitting so damn difficult? Realism be damned, I just wanna play arcade style and that's no longer possible.

Glad I didn't buy it, I'd be livid.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The XBox360 version of this is insufferable. Got it via Blockbuster online and goodness gracious, how in the hell is pitching and hitting so damn difficult? Realism be damned, I just wanna play arcade style and that's no longer possible.

Glad I didn't buy it, I'd be livid.

+1

Though I actually picked it up on a sale through Steam for the PC (because it's the only option) recently. Just to give it a shot since it was on sale at the time. Have only tried a couple times but it seems to be dreadfully slow while simming between appearances (in my player, probably the same in the other modes too). The baserunning "stop at every base" baffles me how that made it through testing. It's not like something that you need to really try hard to replicate.