Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Johnny93g
College Starter

Pitcher control development in OOTP12

Hey guys

I'm just wondering if this is an issue or I'm just unlucky. I drafted a few excellent looking pitchers in the last few years. Best of them being Luis Miguel Arroyo 2nd overall. His potential's were off the chart and he developed his stuff and movement quickly.

I left him in the minors for 6 season's, mostly because his control wasn't coming along. His potential control of 100 never materialized, he seems to peaked at 41, and his control potential is now 47.

As an isolated case, fine, it happens, but I'm noticing my other top pitching prospects struggling to develop their control rating. 24 year old Machiro Kichida has developed a 35/81 control rating in 8 professional season's. 7 in the minors.

There's someone else who isn't on my team anymore that was similar. My question's are is this a pattern in the new game? Are any of you seeing this?
If not, and it's just me, what do you think is the way to go to develop pitcher's?
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML

Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's possible that the same control issues we saw in OOTP11 and which led us to adjust the settings for pitchers development in FOOX have carried over to OOTP12. Since we came forward from OOTP10 for FOOL, we haven't addressed this yet for FOOL.

I believe we have generally found our adjustment in FOOLX to be a success, so I would think we would all approve a similar change for FOOL, or at least after Alan runs some tests to be sure he sees the same kind of trends in OOTP12 that he found in OOTP11 when we looked at this issue.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It's possible that the same control issues we saw in OOTP11 and which led us to adjust the settings for pitchers development in FOOX have carried over to OOTP12. Since we came forward from OOTP10 for FOOL, we haven't addressed this yet for FOOL.

I believe we have generally found our adjustment in FOOLX to be a success, so I would think we would all approve a similar change for FOOL, or at least after Alan runs some tests to be sure he sees the same kind of trends in OOTP12 that he found in OOTP11 when we looked at this issue.

This is not correct. As part of the upgrade to OOTP12, we made the same changes to FOOL pitcher development that we did for FOOL-X.

As for the adjustment in FOOLX, I know some people have stated they found the change to improve things, but from a numbers statistics point of view, it really hasn't changed the number of pitchers that reach their potential in any kind of substantial manner. Some people have felt that it has helped the studs develop better, but I personally feel that type of eyeballing leads to a subjective view of something that might be misleading.

So my guess is that both FOOL and FOOL-X will have the same behavior, that some pitchers simply won't reach their potential for control development. This seems to be deeply imbedded into the code of the game as all of the tinkering we have done simply does not seem to adjust that much one way or another. You just see it more in FOOL leagues than traditional slow leagues because we see a much greater amount of pitchers that pass through.

The only other idea that I had come up with along the way as a possible cause that I have not explored more was that possibly this is due to having injuries turned off. Markus has said in the past that injuries in OOTP are built in to prevent a certain number of players from reaching their full potential. So in a league where injuries are turned off, he has said it is built in to the code that some players will develop as if they had injuries (either quickly falling apart, or younger players not reaching their peak). So that might be what we are seeing here as well.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

That is something that I have just come to expect.

Actually the thing I've noticed moreso lately is that I am able to get my pitcher's control fully developed or close to. Thing is, it doesn't seem to stick and drops off quickly. Not for all, but for a few guys I have personally experienced so far. It's weird too because the player will post solid numbers for the year but seem to lose anywhere from 5-10 control in a single season and the trend continues.

Just the nature of the game, I guess.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
hyde4us11
Coordinator

I was on board with the changes in FOOLX and followed it closely. I do think in FOOL we are ok. I've had control develop fine so far. I've had a few guys not pan out but nothing abnormal.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 09-21-2011 at 05:27 PM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote