Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #201
Izulde
Head Coach

Man, if you'd told me this morning that UNLV would beat Hawaii 40-20, I'd have asked for some of your good shit. A huge win for the program. Now if we don't suddenly let up against Southern Utah next week, we can be a shocking 2-2.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #202
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Knoxville paper reporting that Vols WR Justin Hunter is telling people that it's a torn ACL

Damned shame for what is, by most accounts, a pretty nice kid (not to mention a heck of a talent).
Old 09-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #203
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Okie State scores 59 points to beat Tulsa in a game that didn't finish till 3:35 am (didn't start till 12:30 am or so due to severe weather)
Old 09-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #204
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Not pleased that OU got a scare out of FSU this week. Should be a focused OU team when Mizzou comes to town next week.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #205
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Okie State scores 59 points to beat Tulsa in a game that didn't finish till 3:35 am (didn't start till 12:30 am or so due to severe weather)

Saw a lot of wisecracks on some Big 12 boards that OSU was just prepping for the late starts next year in the Pac-XX.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #206
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Not pleased that OU got a scare out of FSU this week. Should be a focused OU team when Mizzou comes to town next week.

FSU was ranked #5 it's not like they barely beat a crappy team.

Mizzou stayed pretty much injury free last night, but still plenty of injuries accross the board.. although I would argue that Josey just might be our best RB.

Sucks we have to play in Oklahoma though, they will be ready for us for sure.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #207
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Yeah, I am still disgusted............
Old 09-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #208
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I can't say I'm happy, but I guess satisfied is a good way to put it. I knew we'd lose, and to be tied with 7 minutes left with the D playing great shows good progress. Now we have to hope there's no hangover and beat Clemson next week.

What bugs me about EJ is that he seems to be no better at reading defenses than he was in the Gator Bowl two years ago. Granted, I've been spoiled by Ponder, but some of that was just ugly. They're going to have to use the threat of his legs to open up the passing game. Hopefully it works better in conference play. They really miss Hudson as far as running with the backs is concerned.

What I'd like to know is who screwed up on that 2nd pick where he just threw the ball down the middle of the field where no receiver was within 15-20 yards. Missing 3 of 4 receivers is kind of a "doh", though it might have helped Trickett since he was throwing to the same guys he throws to in practice.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #209
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Syracuse and Pitt added to the ACC.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ug=ap-acctalks
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #210
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very happy to see Illini pull out the win against Arizona State last night. It was a much more defensive game than I had expected. I was able to watch it about 1/2 the time in the second half ... seemed like ASU always had the ball when I was watching, but just wasn't able to turn that time of possession into points.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #211
Suicane75
Coordinator

Did anyone else stay up to watch OSU/Tusla last night? Ended at almost 5am est with over 90 points. Twas fun.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #212
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Did anyone else stay up to watch OSU/Tusla last night? Ended at almost 5am est with over 90 points. Twas fun.

I'm a man! I'm 40! I can't stay up that late!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #213
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wyoming beats Bowling Green on a blocked extra point 28-27 to go 3-0 for the first time since 1996. It's a good omen in the sense that those are the types of games the Pokes lose in the past because of sloppy play and despite playing sloppy to almost lose the game, the fact that they held on makes me think well of the coach after losing his starting QB last year and other key players.

Next week, B1G member (yes, I write it that way to annoy you) Nebraska comes to Laramie also 3-0. Pokes probably have no chance on paper, but that's why they play the games...
Old 09-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #214
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just a heads up to Mizzou fans. They're replaying yesterday's PPV telecast tonight at 7:00 PM CDT on Fox Sports Midwest if you want to watch it.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #215
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Texas up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter over UCLA. For the first time in a few seasons, there is actually a RB getting rushing yards for the Horns.

This was about the time I left the Rose Bowl. But a pretty remarkable day for me, as it is the first college football game I've been able to take my son to. Only 15 months, he did really well, particularly in the 80 plus degree weather. High fived a lot of Texas fans on the first touchdown.

Now I have to figure out how to make this a weekly thing, despite having general apathy toward UCLA (though the tailgating is awesome) and antipathy toward USC. Watching the Jackets on TV may have to suffice for now.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #216
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
What bugs me about EJ is that he seems to be no better at reading defenses than he was in the Gator Bowl two years ago. Granted, I've been spoiled by Ponder, but some of that was just ugly. They're going to have to use the threat of his legs to open up the passing game. Hopefully it works better in conference play. They really miss Hudson as far as running with the backs is concerned.

What I'd like to know is who screwed up on that 2nd pick where he just threw the ball down the middle of the field where no receiver was within 15-20 yards. Missing 3 of 4 receivers is kind of a "doh", though it might have helped Trickett since he was throwing to the same guys he throws to in practice.

He can't read the middle of the field at all, and his passes are lazy and not all that accurate. Honestly, I was disappointed with the play calling only because I really thought we were going to run a bunch of pure option or QB draw plays all night. But they only did that a handful of times, and even though they were largely successful, they used them sparingly. I don't like the fact that they are treating EJ like he's a pocket passer when he's far more dangerous with his feet than his arm. It'd be one thing if the running game was going well, then I could deal with that. But right now, he is probably our best bet to create yards running the ball, until the OL figures something out.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-19-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #217
Ksyrup

Sheesh! Listening to Jimbo Fisher, and FSU could be without 4 of its top 5 WRs, a TE, and of course EJ Manuel for what could be the only shot at the conference championship game against Clemson. Should have scheduled Kansas...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #218
Ksyrup

Sorry in advance Macro, but this is funny:

Old 09-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #219
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I laughed when it was sent to me this morning...it's pretty good.