Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Alright Boyz...here we go...FM2012 (News & Anticipation) Thread

FM 2012 - to be out before Christmas.

Sports Interactive - News & Blogs - Sports Interactive set to score again with Football Manager 2012
Sports Interactive set to score again with Football Manager 2012

15/08/2011

LONDON (August 11th, 2011) – Sports Interactive Ltd. & SEGA® Europe Ltd. today unveiled the latest version of their successful football management simulation series, Football Manager™ 2012. Planned to be in stores before Christmas, Football Manager 2012 will once again allow you to take charge of your favourite football team and put your managerial skills to the test.

The award-winning Football Manager series has now sold in excess of 7 million copies worldwide and has topped the UK and many European PC charts for the last seven years, with over 108 weeks at no.1 in the UK to date.

“We’re delighted to finally be able to start talking about Football Manager 2012” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “It’s another year of evolution, with some revolution thrown in for good measure so we’re pretty sure our dedicated communities, and hopefully lots of new people too, get to play and enjoy the game when it’s released later in the year.”

Counting over 800 new features, not including changes to the rules of the games 50+ leagues, Football Manager 2012 promises to be the most realistic, immersive and playable football management simulation ever for any fan who has ever dreamed of making the big decisions, both on and off the field.

Key new & improved features for Football Manager 2012:
Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.
Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.
3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.
Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.
Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.
Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.
Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

Screenshots are up on the Football Manager facebook page.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My three favorite things I see in there - could all be HUGE. Scouting improvements are due...and the ability to add/take away leagues is AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. If you'll excuse me, I need to go gaga over the screenies.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.
Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.
Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-15-2011 at 09:46 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
If one of the 6 tones is called "hairdryer" mode, it's an instabuy for me!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
CAsterling
High School JV

I like these two.
Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Contract negotiations in FM11 are a pain when the player (or agent) keep asking for the same amount and you keep having to adjust it after each attempt.

The Manage Anywhere, Anytime is huge to me.....I hate getting 5, 10, 15 seasons in and then want to manage in a league I didn't select when I started the game, and the only way to rectify it is to restart. The ability to add additional playable leagues on the fly makes it much more fun when keeping a long career going.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Manage anywhere is pretty cool, but save for that...I just want to be able to edit.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-15-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
whomario
Pro Starter

The ability to change playable league as you go could be the one thing that makes me buy it this year, especially since i´ll likely buy a new machine in the coming weeks, i was previously all set on skipping it because i find the current version pretty much perfect as it is.

Tone is long overdue, for as brilliant a game as FM is i thought the speeches-options were very "half-done", i had better in that regard in a 10 year old german game for example.
There should have been way more different available speeches and different sets for different sort of games.

Tutorial is long overdue for new players, the current "advisor" system is pretty useless from what i heard from people.

Last edited by whomario : 08-15-2011 at 12:22 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

This stuff sounds good. The feature to add/remove leagues during your game is pretty awesome.

Please make the transfer market less expensive and more active for the bigger teams. I hope that is part of what is meant by improved transfers and contracts.

What I really want is for the competition editor to be more friendly when creating multiple new national/continental competitions for use within one universe.

I have tried to create a new US league system without all the Canadian teams (who were given their own new league system) and a new setup for CONCACAF with an expanded Champions League and something like the old UEFA Cup. But when I make all of these on FM11, they are given the same unique ID so I can only load one at once or else the game goes haywire.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
What I really want is for the competition editor to be more friendly when creating multiple new national/continental competitions for use within one universe.

I have tried to create a new US league system without all the Canadian teams (who were given their own new league system) and a new setup for CONCACAF with an expanded Champions League and something like the old UEFA Cup. But when I make all of these on FM11, they are given the same unique ID so I can only load one at once or else the game goes haywire.

Yes, this. I'm experiencing this now as I go late trying to edit/update my custom db.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Ooh, that Position Strength screen is going to be so useful when people take over a new club that they don't know much about. Very nice addition.

edit: The Tactics Analysis screen looks handy too.

Last edited by Big Fo : 08-15-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
Icy
Pro Starter

That is amazing, long time needed!

Last edited by Icy : 08-16-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

Manage Anywhere, Anytime is the biggest of the features for me, but I still want an easier and more powerful ability to create our own soccer worlds and leagues.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #12
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Manage Anywhere, Anytime is the biggest of the features for me, but I still want an easier and more powerful ability to create our own soccer worlds and leagues.

This. I'd love it if we could easily implement someone's hard work at building an American pyramid with promotion and relegation with fictional players.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #13
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Ooh, that Position Strength screen is going to be so useful when people take over a new club that they don't know much about. Very nice addition.

edit: The Tactics Analysis screen looks handy too.

This. I might almost be more excited for the revamped tactics and scouting than Manage Anywhere, Anytime.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #14
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Why are their screenshots always as small as Hell Atlantic's penis? Straining my eyes just trying to figure out what they are ffs.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
Karim
College Starter

Managing anywhere, anytime, is something I've always longed for but none of these are unfortunately going to get me to buy the game. I'm too engrossed in my current career to start from scratch.

Now, if you could load 2011 saves into 2012...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Why are their screenshots always as small as Hell Atlantic's penis? Straining my eyes just trying to figure out what they are ffs.

I've always wondered this too.

WTF gives with this MV?
Old 08-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #17
Nugget699
H.S. Freshman Team

Tone ffs

Can only see this being broken until the third patch.

"I'M REALLY DELIGHTED WITH HOW GREAT YOU'RE PLAYING. KEEP IT UP "
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

So I'm assuming I can remove a league from being playable? While the other side of the coin is awesome, this actually helps a lot too. I find myself getting decades into a save and it getting super slow. Would probably speed things up.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #19
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

Not sure tbh - might be something to do with bandwidth (our game announcements always have a nasty habit of taking down the servers however we host them, so I expect smaller pics help ease this side of things).

I'd also expect that full-size pics will be given out to various game sites and pop-up in due course ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #20
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Not sure tbh - might be something to do with bandwidth (our game announcements always have a nasty habit of taking down the servers however we host them, so I expect smaller pics help ease this side of things).

I'd also expect that full-size pics will be given out to various game sites and pop-up in due course ...

LOL - look at you..."our game announcements always take down the servers"

Congrats!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #21
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post

Send them here:

Performance, Security & Apps for Any Website | CloudFlare | Home
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #22
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*bump* because Foz is lazy and started a second thread - not realizing that this is THE FM 2012 thread.