Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2000, 03:57 PM   #1
andy m
High School Varsity

Talking one of THOSE seasons...

this isn't groundbreaking or unique, i just wanted to get the info of my last season off my chest, and i figured this was the best section to hide it away in so as not to intrude too much

having reached the superbowl only to get beat in season 3 using the Philadelphia Eagles (original rosters). my coach was 61 and in decline, but you can't fire a dude who got you to the superbowl, can ya? i was finding the salary cap a tight fit, and had to bust a gut to get what i thought was a competitive team. there were also a number of high profile guys up for free agency the following season, including the QB i was grooming as a potential replacement to McNabb. rather frustratingly, he was demanding $5m a season already, so i traded him away for only a 4th round pick. it was all i could get. i scraped the team together though and i thought that my side was capable of at least the playoffs.

and so the season got under way with a defeat to the Ravens, 31-14. oh dear. and then i proceeded to go...

0-2
0-3
0-4
0-5
0-6

after 6 games, i was 0-6. OH AND SIX! i had been in the superbowl last year, goddamit! also, i had lost those last 5 games by a combined 16 points.

so i looked at the team. and i looked at the gameplan. and i looked at the team. and i was stumped. all i could find was that duce staley was doing zip. mcnabb, despite mediocre abilities, had posted a 90 QB rating last year, and i had a fine tandem of receivers in Marcus Robinson and 3rd year kid, Dale Allen. so i jacked up the 11-20 yard passing plays. 0-10: down from 50% to 35%. 11-20: up from 15% to 30%

and i won.
and i won.
and i won.
and i won.
and i won.
and i won.
and i won.
and i won.

are you keeping track? 8-6!

of course, i couldn't do the ole trick that was pulled off in the real NFL a few years back, and go from 0-6 to 10-6, but i made it to the post-season at 9-7. mcnabb had had a career year, almost 4000 yards passing.

and we faced arizona.

and i got beat.

THREE-ZERO.

olindo mare missed two 50 yard field goals in the 4th quarter.

what a season.

isn't FOF2001 great?

andy m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2000, 05:51 PM   #2
Chiefsfan01
n00b

Ugh..I was going to post a season about my first try at FOF2k1 Wall Street level...

I got through the first season and the second season....the cap sucks. For the first time I find myself really looking at things.

I spent to much...was $800,000 under and had only 43 players on the...I am gonna try again.
Chiefsfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2000, 01:29 PM   #3
Critch
lolzcat

$800000 under with 43 players? Ha, that's nothing!

I'm not much of a football fan, I'm a soccer fan who found FOF2 while looking for games similar to Championship Manager. Salaries aren't really important in CM as the finances pretty much take care of themselves.

Just bought FOF2001 a couple of days ago. In my first season with the Redskins reached the playoffs, pretty happy for a beginner (on Wall Street). Start of the next season? 38 players signed, $3,500,000 over.

Think I'll start again and try to keep more of an eye on what I'm doing salary wise....
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote