Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Going Down to Southfork

While I did enjoy Dallas back in the day, I'm not so sure a remake is the best idea:

Quote:
The pilot of the new Dallas will also star two other original cast members, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray who return to play Bobby and Sue Ellen Ewing.

The updated drama will focus on the next generation of Ewings – John Ross and Christopher Ewing – as they battle for control of the dynasty.

Other actors signed up to appear include Josh Henderson (Desperate Housewives) who will play John Ross, and Jordana Brewster (The Faculty, The Fast and the Furious).

The original series of Dallas ran for 357 episodes between 1978 and 1991.

What are they going to do next, remake Charlie's Angels? Doh...

Quote:
ABC is making up for lost time on its long-brewing Charlie’s Angels remake: Just a week after greenlighting the pilot for the revival of the hit ’70s series, the network has found its first Angel.

Deadline reports that General Hospital co-star Annie Ilonzeh will play Kate, a smart but serious ex-cop and martial arts master who’s one of three sexy private eyes — Abby and Marisa are the other two — employed by a mystery man in Miami. Smallville collaborators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar are writing and producing the pilot. Gossip Girl‘s Mark Piznarski is reportedly being courted to direct.

The original Charlie’s Angels aired on ABC from September 1976 to June 1981, becoming a runaway hit in its first three seasons before declining sharply in popularity for its final two. The series transformed the three original Angels, Farah Fawcett, Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith, into superstars, and spawned a cottage industry of related merchandise, from dolls and posters to board games and novelizations. It also inspired the 2000 movie Charlie’s Angels and the 2003 sequel Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle.

tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I know my initial response to a new Dallas was lukewarm. And I know TNT announced a week or two ago that the new show would start Summer 2012. I just got around to watching the first preview, and as soon as I heard the Dallas theme, it hooked me. Dammit! My parents watched that show religiously, and so I watched it most of the time. Larry Hagman has seen better days, but it could be fun. But a whole year until the premiere? Sheesh...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I visited Southfork 3 weeks ago, fwiw. I didn't have time to see the Ewing Mansion or even really do much other than snap a few pictures (had a plane to catch,) but it was pretty cool. From the outside, at least, the house hasn't changed a bit.