Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2003, 05:13 PM   #1
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

interesting article on Kobe

From the MSNBC website: Newsweek article on Kobe Bryant

Interesting stuff - I hadn't realized how scripted his life had been under his parents and how sheltered he was growing up. Lends some perspective on his career so far...

dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:50 PM   #2
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I found it be an interesting read as well. Sounds like Shaq is a party person. I believe his house is MTV Cribs at 10:30 tonight. I always been interested in stories of a "road trip", a players life diary. ANyone know where one could be read?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:53 PM   #3
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Just curious, do these "boddyguards" go clubbing with them? I'm sure they all have them, do they all go?

Interesting piece I found:
In fact, Kobe may have missed out on some valuable career advice he’d never get from Jerry West. NBA players, like rock stars, have lots of groupies, and it isn’t unusual to find plenty of action after the game. But there are also rules of conduct off the court, and players usually swap the do’s and don’ts over dinner after a game. Rule No. 1: Let your crew approach the woman first, to size her up. One baller makes his bodyguards spell out in plain language to potential one-night-stands what the night’s activities will entail. If she hesitates, she’s turned away. Rule No. 2: Give nice parting gifts. One NBA star is known to travel with a treasure chest of diamond tennis bracelets to hand to conquests in appreciation.

Last edited by SunDancer : 10-06-2003 at 05:55 PM.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:46 PM   #4
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDancer
Rule No. 1: Let your crew approach the woman first, to size her up. One baller makes his bodyguards spell out in plain language to potential one-night-stands what the night’s activities will entail. If she hesitates, she’s turned away.

I wonder what's wrong with me that when I try this approach with women it never ends up working?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #5
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by dawgfan
I wonder what's wrong with me that when I try this approach with women it never ends up working?

This line has been working a lot better than my "When you bent over, I couldn't help but think of my mom."