Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
Philliesfan980
Banned

Braves vs. Cubs, Game 5

Marcus Giles is a little winey bitch. Stop complaining, Braves already got a call, what do you want?

Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
Philliesfan980
Banned

Dola.

Ok Giles. Lets reverse the call: You can be safe on first with two outs and no runs across.

Dumbass.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:18 PM   #3
Philliesfan980
Banned

Dola Dola..

After watching the Replay's a few times, I can see where Giles is coming from. But why would he want to complain about it? If they were to reverse the call, then likewise they'd have to take the run off the board and put two outs down as well.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
Philliesfan980
Banned

Guess nobody is watching this one right now... And who says baseball is dying?
Old 10-05-2003, 09:46 PM   #5
FBPro
College Starter

Enjoying this conversation?
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:50 PM   #6
Masked
College Starter

one out to go!
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:53 PM   #7
korme
Go Reds

Go Cubboys!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:54 PM   #8
vtbub
College Starter

*applauds*

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:56 PM   #9
Philliesfan980
Banned

Nice job by the Cubs in this series. Not to stir up stuff from another unmentioned thread, good pitching always beats good hitting in the postseason. The Cubs have the best young staff that I've seen in some time. Marlins have some good pitchers of their own.

Cubs in 6.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:05 PM   #10
Buccaneer
Head Coach

As a very long time National League fan, I am ashamed and embarrased to have the Cubs and Marlins as the representatives for the pennant.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #11
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Buccaneer
As a very long time National League fan, I am ashamed and embarrased to have the Cubs and Marlins as the representatives for the pennant.

Got that right, AL wins again
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:11 PM   #12
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by FBPro
Got that right, AL wins again

What are you guys talking about? I think that this will be a great series. The young pitching of the Cubs can't be touched with anyone. The A's are just as boring, if not more boring than the Cubs/Marlins.

As long as they have that dominate starting pitching, they can go with anyone, including the Yanks.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:22 PM   #13
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by Philliesfan980
Nice job by the Cubs in this series. Not to stir up stuff from another unmentioned thread, good pitching always beats good hitting in the postseason. The Cubs have the best young staff that I've seen in some time. Marlins have some good pitchers of their own.

Cubs in 6.

Seeing as how the Braves had the best pitching 11 years in a row, I fail to see how your assertion is factual.

If you are arguing theoretically, in a win, the pitching has to be as good as the hitting, or else you lose. Ex. If I give up 10 runs but my team scores 11, my pitching was good because I gave up just enough to still give us a win.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:25 PM   #14
McSweeny
College Starter

i was shocked to see that Wood was thrid in the NL in walks. And he's the Cub's ace? With over 100 walks? crazy. How can he be that good if he can't throw strikes? Do they have any hitters who can work the count over there in the NL?

granted i don't pay any attention to the National League during the regular season so my observations may be totally off, but i would imagine a patient team like the Red Sox (or the Yankees) would take these guys apart
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:32 PM   #15
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Cubs/Red Sox in the series, that way one of the teams will finally win something. Plus it could be an entertaining matchup to see the Red Sox offense against the Cubs pitching.

On the positive side this off-season; the Braves and Giants are both gone. At least that means the ego that is Bonds will be watching on TV as well as the evil that is the Atlanta Braves. Now we just need the A's/Sox winner to knock those damn Yankees out of it.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:33 PM   #16
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by McSweeny
patient team like the Red Sox (or the Yankees) would take these guys apart

I don't know about the Red Sox, but Wood seemed to handle the Yankees just fine earlier this season.

I think it will be a fine series, and I don't really understand where Buc is coming from on this one. The Marlins have played the best baseball in the National League since June or so. That's a lot of baseball. And the Cubs have the best starting staff in baseball. That's a tremendous match-up in my opinion.

Based on what has happened between these two teams, this is a series the Cubs should win. I say Cubs in 6 as well.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:06 PM   #17
FishFan
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Buccaneer

You're ashamed and embarrased of two of the hottest teams in the second half of the season? Wow. I'd take either of those teams to represent the NL over the choke artist Braves and the primadonna Giants.
FishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:15 PM   #18
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

As a very long time NFL fan, I am ashamed and embarrased to have the Bucanneers as the world champions.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:16 PM   #19
RendeR
Coordinator

No offense to anyone personally, but the giants and braves are probably the two worst overall teams I've watched who walked through their seasons. Talk about gutless.

Go Cubs, let's see a Sox Cubs Series to light up this countries sense of history in this sport.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:21 PM   #20
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by McSweeny
i was shocked to see that Wood was thrid in the NL in walks. And he's the Cub's ace? With over 100 walks? crazy. How can he be that good if he can't throw strikes? Do they have any hitters who can work the count over there in the NL?

He also led the league (or was in 2nd, him and Prior were 1-2) in strikeouts, and was up there among the top pitchers for ERA.

He's a power pitcher, and he occaisonally has control problems with that wicked curveball. Walks and strikeouts is what any true fireball slinging pitcher will get.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote