Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2003, 06:25 PM   #1
Tasan
College Starter

Damn you David Boston

Damn you David Boston and your tempting ways. I drafted him fairly high, hoping that in a new setting and with an emerging Drew Brees, he'd put up big numbers this year. Well, to date he'd been averaging 2.8 points per game in my money league. I had a feeling he might break out this week against a poor Jacksonville secondary, but he'd broken my heart already this year so I stuck with Lelie. Well, 170+ yards and 2 TDs later, I know I made the wrong pick. He better put up good numbers from here on out.

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:41 PM   #2
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Seriously, I drafted him highly and after all that stuff that went on with him I dropped him from my team for Bobby Shaw, Shaw's stat line this week, 3 rec, 26 yds. Damn you David Boston.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:43 PM   #3
Philliesfan980
Banned

Overall in fantasy land, you're best bet is to stick with the guys you drafted. I got burned in too many leagues trying to make too many "matchup moves" and such. While its always true that some guys will totally fall off (see curtis martin), for the most part, guys play the same year to year.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 07:01 PM   #4
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I have Boston on 1 team. I cant imagine ANYONE started him this week though. With his track record this season you cant start him(before today).

If someone goes nuts who isnt expected too(Boston) then I dont feel too bad. Irks me when I have someone who HAS played well on my bench and continues to play better than my starter.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 07:44 PM   #5
TredWel
High School Varsity

I have a confession to make. I started him this week. Only because my other choices for the WR/RB slot were Reggie Wayne (facing TB), Trung Canidate (ha!), Mike Anderson (who I almost started, but thought that Portis would be ready do go), and Deion Branch (who really hasn't shown anything yet).

I was silly for drafting him, and silly for keeping him for the last four weeks, but I thought he'd be a better gamble to play than any of my other choices.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:55 PM   #6
TredWel
High School Varsity

Dola,

No good guess goes unpunished. Just checked my matchup - my opponent started Brees.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:27 PM   #7
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Actually I started him too, but my team is 1-4 so it really doesn't matter if he plays or not
Old 10-05-2003, 08:31 PM   #8
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I started Gardner & Harrison. Picked up Marvin in a trade and drafted Gardner wayyyyyyyyy after Boston. Still probably wont start Boston in AZ's next game.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:33 PM   #9
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Isn't there and addage of "Stick to your guns?"

Actually, I would have benched him this week also except Isaac Bruce had a bye week and I didn't have anybody else worth starting.

It's wonderful to reap the rewards of luck.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:04 AM   #10
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by bosshogg23
I started Gardner & Harrison. Picked up Marvin in a trade and drafted Gardner wayyyyyyyyy after Boston. Still probably wont start Boston in AZ's next game.

I should hope not, Blake can throw a helluva deep ball, but it's going to take some of Boston's special workout training to hit him in SD.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:07 AM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis
I should hope not, Blake can throw a helluva deep ball, but it's going to take some of Boston's special workout training to hit him in SD.

Beat me to it. Good one, travis.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:56 AM   #12
Raiders Army
Coordinator

He was my top WR in the draft, but I dropped him last week. Picked him up this week and started him...I rock!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #13
Blade
College Prospect

I had the exact same problem...I inherited a keeper team in an FF league, and had Boston on it already. After starting him in the first few weeks, I decided to keep him out of the line-up for yesterday...

He was the only chance I could have had at winning my game.

Of course, I will start him next week, and he will go back to putting up no numbers...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 12:24 PM   #14
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I sat Joe Horn at the last minute because he's been questionable all week, and replaced him with Hatchette. It cost me about 8 points between them (Horn had a TD and 56 yards) and might cost me this week's game.

Damn I hate fantasy football!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote