Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Bustin Jeeber?

I know this sounds like an old Horned Frog but can someone (not named Jeeber) explain UTEP? I heard the name and a lot of people making fun of UTEP but never heard him (her??) win. I just saw that UTEP's team is #100, so I went to youtube and read the wiki. The team is about as crustless bread as one can be yet they are re-making them with FBS cred?? They're not much of a school as far as I can tell and frankly, they don't have that much of a look with that weird helmet and lipstick. UTEP's probably a nice school and is disappointing with fans (hence the pre-season fanaticism?) but what do they really have going for them?

thealmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Ohhhhh SNAP
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
I know this sounds like an old Horned Frog but can someone (not named Jeeber) explain UTEP? I heard the name and a lot of people making fun of UTEP but never heard him (her??) win. I just saw that UTEP's team is #100, so I went to youtube and read the wiki. The team is about as crustless bread as one can be yet they are re-making them with FBS cred?? They're not much of a school as far as I can tell and frankly, they don't have that much of a look with that weird helmet and lipstick. UTEP's probably a nice school and is disappointing with fans (hence the pre-season fanaticism?) but what do they really have going for them?

Can you re-post this again, but this time include the parts you didn't include, so I can understand WTF you're talking about?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:46 AM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

parody thread of the Justin Bieber one (and I already made the Bustin Jeeber joke there :P)
Old 02-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
parody thread of the Justin Bieber one (and I already made the Bustin Jeeber joke there :P)

Maybe I should have read that thread, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

I thought you were an old Pony?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I thought you were an old Pony?

While I did graduate from SMU, I only went my final two years. However, I grew-up in Fort Worth and was taken to TCU football/basketball/baseball games many, many dozens of times. So I have been a frog fan since I was little and that outweighs SMU being my alma mater.

Plus, Ft. Worth> Dallas anyday, imho, by a mile. I'll probably move back when I retire.