Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2003, 09:41 AM   #1
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

YEEPEE !!! Just hit my first 99 !!!

I'm so glad.
I returned to my FOF2 Real49ersFootball Career last night, about a year after I last played it (entering season 2026) and I received something I thought would never happen to me :

I hit a 99/100 for the End-of-year score !

My personal best was 97 (season 2002)...which I hit a few times but never more despite my successes.

This year, my team won the SuperBowl (3rd year in a row despite a shaky 11-5 season) and for the fist time, my profit had a perfect 100...

Just wanted to share that, I never thought FOF2 would brought me that excitement again of reaching something "new".

Has anyone reached 100 ?
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 09:55 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I don't remember. It has been a few years since I played that now-outdated game. Isn't that the one where there only three levels of talent, a playoff injury bug, and utterly predictable player development???
Old 09-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #3
Anthony
Banned

no. it's the game with 3 clearly defined levels of gameply, unlike other games that give you a nondescript 1-10 level of difficulty that doesn't specify what the difference is between a "9" difficulty and a "6" difficulty. it's the one with the knockout UI, and large fonts so that you don't have to squint your eyes to read stats or names. it's the one that doesn't have unnecessary fluff like "astrological signs". guys either like you or they don't, they don'tcare if you're a libra or a virgo. at least the guys i hang with don't. it's the game that, yes, has a playoff injury bug, but when you get down to it that in itself simulates how teams may not always have their best players on the field for the games that matter most. the guy from the Riader last year who has bi-polar disorder didn't play in the super bowl, Eugene Robinson of the Falcons didn't play in the '97 or '98 SB cuz of him getting arrested for picking up a hooker. feces happens. it's also the game that was clearly, heads and above, without a doubt better than it's previous version, whereas any FOF game after it left a lot to be desired, namely multi-player gameplay or customization, despite a large population of the game's fans crying for those features.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:59 AM   #4
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Long live FOF2!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not sure about HA's logic there. Holding lack of multiplayer and customization against later releases of FOF, but not FOF2. I must have overlooked those options in FOF2.

He also didn't even attempt to address the predictable player development that was mentioned. Instead he tried to sell the playoff injury bug as s feature.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:16 PM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Oh, and nice score DK, I don't think I ever got that high.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:48 PM   #7
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats! I am playing fof4, and have come no where near a score like that.

I do remember celebrating like that after my first sixty nine though. Ah the memories.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 01:56 PM   #8
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i thought this was about golf.

fof on a fof board? lunacy.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #9
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleFan
Not sure about HA's logic there. Holding lack of multiplayer and customization against later releases of FOF, but not FOF2. I must have overlooked those options in FOF2.

He also didn't even attempt to address the predictable player development that was mentioned. Instead he tried to sell the playoff injury bug as s feature.
Pay no attention to H.A. He hate me.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:54 PM   #10
Alf
Pro Starter

I thought the topic was Bowling, and a 99 is a pretty low score...
Old 09-20-2003, 06:29 PM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

pyser - I thought it was golf too.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:34 PM   #12
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Wink

Sorry for bringing the confusion guys
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:04 PM   #13
SFL Cat
College Starter

Another who thought it was a golf thread. I recently fired up FOF2 myself. Got nowhere close to a 99 -- guess I'm out of practice.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #14
bbor
Pro Starter

Nice Golf score DK,is this the first time you broke 100?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 07:32 PM   #15
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hell Atlantic
no. it's the game with 3 clearly defined levels of gameply, unlike other games that give you a nondescript 1-10 level of difficulty that doesn't specify what the difference is between a "9" difficulty and a "6" difficulty. it's the one with the knockout UI, and large fonts so that you don't have to squint your eyes to read stats or names. it's the one that doesn't have unnecessary fluff like "astrological signs". guys either like you or they don't, they don'tcare if you're a libra or a virgo. at least the guys i hang with don't. it's the game that, yes, has a playoff injury bug, but when you get down to it that in itself simulates how teams may not always have their best players on the field for the games that matter most. the guy from the Riader last year who has bi-polar disorder didn't play in the super bowl, Eugene Robinson of the Falcons didn't play in the '97 or '98 SB cuz of him getting arrested for picking up a hooker. feces happens. it's also the game that was clearly, heads and above, without a doubt better than it's previous version, whereas any FOF game after it left a lot to be desired, namely multi-player gameplay or customization, despite a large population of the game's fans crying for those features.

Eugene Robinson did play in the Super Bowl that year.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote