Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2003, 02:06 PM   #1
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Braves lose in 12th straight post season appearance

This October the Braves will lose in their 12th straight post-season trip, which is amazing to me. This one feels really good for a few reasons to me..

1) Before the season many of my friends were predicting a title finally. Start of the Braves empire. After the Millwood trade, it got really fun all the ass nibbling that was taken.

2) This officially is the season that I now have seen as many choke jobs as Fritz gives to himself in 1 week.

I guess alot of people get tired of hearing about Atlanta fans always saying how great their team is. As a life long Braves fan though, it is sometimes tough to explain to people who have only known the Braves recently that at many points the Braves were the Tampa Bay Devil Rays of the league, or the Baltimore Orioles or the Milwaukee Brewers of the league, etc.. but we have finally made a mark of our own, the losing team in the playoffs ever.

I remember in the 80s all the jokes made about the Braves, as it was easy to find as many people in the neighborhood who were Reds fans as Braves fans.. yet I went to the park every day to watch them lose another playoff series. Sure, we won a title about 10 years ago, but nobody remembers that, they only remember the failures.

Anyhows, this is a happy moment for me and figured I would share.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Last edited by Marmel : 09-19-2003 at 02:08 PM.
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:18 PM   #2
Radii
Head Coach

I love you
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:20 PM   #3
KWhit
Coordinator

Everyone's a freaking comedian.

Go Braves.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:27 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Marmel is so cute

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
ctmason
High School JV

Anyone who remembers the days when winos would stay in general admission at Fulton County (because it was a cheap place to get under some shade)....is more than happy with what the Braves have accomplished.
ctmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 04:06 PM   #6
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

What team has not made the playoffs in baseball and lost? Only the teams that never made it there at all.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 04:31 PM   #7
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:40 PM   #8
FBPro
College Starter

I'd rather have a team that is "winning" year after year during the regular season EVEN to make the playoffs than one that wins one year and is in the toliet the next 15 or whatever.

Go Braves.......tired of losing in October but atleast we're still playing while most of the others are at home.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:01 PM   #9
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The Atlanta Braves are the NY Yankees of the NL. I hate the Braves!

GO PHILLIES!!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:30 PM   #10
SackAttack
Head Coach

For the Braves to be the Yankees of the NL, they need to win 26 championships in the span of a century first.

I'm no Braves fan either, but about the closest they come to being ANY New York team is the old Brooklyn Dodgers.

Wait 'til next year!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:41 PM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by FBPro
I'd rather have a team that is "winning" year after year during the regular season EVEN to make the playoffs than one that wins one year and is in the toliet the next 15 or whatever.

Go Braves.......tired of losing in October but atleast we're still playing while most of the others are at home.

So what's it like, Padres or Marlins fan?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:55 PM   #12
G-Man
High School JV

Hey quit your whining. At least your team has won a World Championship in your life time. I am almost 48 years young and am still waiting for my first baseball title from one of my favorite teams: SF Giants (a fan since 1965) and the Seattle Mariners (a fan since 1977). At least I have titles from my favorite football team NY Giants - a fan since 1965 (superbowl champs in 1987 and 91), and in basketball many titles as my favorite teams are the Boston Celtics (a fan since 1969) and the Seattle Supersonics (a fan since 1977). however baseball is my favorite sport and I dearly hope this is the year my Giants get that series ring!

You are probably wondering how I happen to have this variety of favorite teams. My Dad was born and lived in Brooklyn from 1925 thru 1951. He loved the Giannts in both sports and passed that onto me. He never took to the Knicks but liked the Celts since Russel's time. I have lived in Seattle since 1975, and followed the Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks since the last 70's (talk about painful). Talk about your long suffering fan. If not for the Celtics and Sonics...I shuddr...took my G-Men 20 years b4 the superbowl victory and boy was that sweet!
Old 09-20-2003, 12:45 AM   #13
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by FBPro

what he said
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote