Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-05-2003, 11:17 PM   #1
jcclark02
n00b

TCYHelper

Would someone be so kind as to email me a copy of this very helpful program.

jcclark02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 07:45 AM   #2
Alf
Pro Starter

TCY Helper download at Alf's site

This is the one I am using for TCY VC challenge. You have 2 files : one main exe file and a patch.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:53 PM   #3
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Alf, does the TCY Helper work for you on the 1.2 updated TCY? If it does, did you have to do anything, or get any special file, to make it work?

I used helper, but ever since the last update, it fails to respond when I try to open a file to look at (WinXP, if it matters). Thanks.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:12 PM   #4
jcclark02
n00b

I'm having the same problem, tcy 1.2 and winXP.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:20 PM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

Me too i try to open a data file and it gets hunged there for ages.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:13 AM   #6
Alf
Pro Starter

Will let you know tonight from home. I am on Win XP, but haven't patched with the latest TCY 1.2 patch. And right now it works.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:34 AM   #7
3ric
College Starter

It works for me... must be something else then.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:29 PM   #8
Fido
High School Varsity

Well, apparently there;s stil lsignificant interest in this (I thought it had died), so I'll try to take a look at getting to it work on 1.2 this weekend. No promises, since I have no ideas what Jim may have changed from 1.1 to 1.2, have no idea where the e-mail containing my regsitration information is, and actually am not sure where the helper source is right now...
Old 09-10-2003, 09:24 PM   #9
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fido
Well, apparently there;s stil lsignificant interest in this (I thought it had died), so I'll try to take a look at getting to it work on 1.2 this weekend. No promises, since I have no ideas what Jim may have changed from 1.1 to 1.2, have no idea where the e-mail containing my regsitration information is, and actually am not sure where the helper source is right now...

Fido,

One thing to look at. Like a legion of others, I had real problems getting it to run with v1.2 patch and WinXP.

In fact, I was on the verge of uninstalling it. One of the things v1.2 does is advance the calendar a year...the game starts with the 2003 season now, but TCYHelper seems to try to look for a 2002 season as the first season. I was able to run it with my newest dynasty starting with the 2004 season, but it didn't seem to grasp the concept that 2003 was the first season...according to it, the 2002 season was the first of my career, and I was coaching Clemson then...not ASU. Other than that, it started working fine.

Hope this helps, and count me in the group that finds playing the game to be a lot more enjoyable with your wonderful utility.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 03:39 AM   #10
Icy
Pro Starter

Thx for looking again at it Fido, yeah we have interest on it, TCYhelper is a great tool.
WussGawd good point, mybe that can help Fido to debug it, i will start to mess with it to see if i can see anything new to help Fido.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 12:37 PM   #11
Fido
High School Varsity

I have a new build ready which now suports the changes Jim made to the file format. OK, actually I shoudl say that it now handles the file format correctly - Jim didn't change anything.

Unfortunately I don't have any web space to put it on, so if you want a copy you'll have to get in touch with me and let me know how you want it.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:41 PM   #12
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Fido---
I'll host it for you if you want -- PM sent.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:17 PM   #13
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by dacman
Fido---
I'll host it for you if you want -- PM sent.
When you get a URL for the file, post it in a new thread, and I'll sticky it.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:24 PM   #14
Fido
High School Varsity

Exclamation

Version 3.0 of the helper is now available for download for those who dare. There has been some testing done on it, but no where near as much as should be, so it may or may not work on your system (but you probably expect that looking at previous versions of the utility)

It can be downloaded from here:http://earth.prohosting.com/fofutils...ER3.0Setup.exe

This is a temporary location for it, so when pople ask in the futore do not point them here. I don't know what the bandwidth usage is like there, but I am guessing it will probably choke out soon. So, if you want it, grab it while you can.

Here's some of the new features:
  • Removed STL Port. The program now runs noticibly more slowly, but I won't have to deal with any more "where can I get sltport_vc6.dll" messages.
  • Modified code so that it properly reads in the past year stats. My interpretation of the data format was off by two bytes (which kinda bites...sorry geek humor). Now that I am reading it correctly, you should be able to open up any files, regardless of their starting year.
  • Added in preliminary support for recruit displays. I'm going to keep working on this until I get sick of looking at hex codes, figure it all out, or go on a shooting spree out of frustration (whichever comes first). I have about half of the recruit data figured out, but not the most important parts yet (the player attributes). The new Recruits view will allow you to filter out the list of recruits based on some of the stuff that I thought would be worthwhile. The attached screenshot shows me looking for fat-as...er...big boned (290-300lbs) players in the deep south. You can filter on Position, State, City (if you select a state), Region, Height, Weight, GPA and SATs. Unfortunately you can't do anything in the helper with that information, but you can make up a nice list of the recruits yo uwant to go after (by hand - I'm not sure if printing works in there yet).

Thanks again to all of you who have supported this development, and to those of you who decided to be whiny, naggy, or irritating in general, I have modified the program so that it will not run properly on your system, so don't bother downloading it.
Fido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 03:55 PM   #15
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Thanks Fido.
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:33 PM   #16
3ric
College Starter

A recruit filter! You are gold!
Old 09-12-2003, 04:37 PM   #17
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Fido
[b]
  • Added in preliminary support for recruit displays. I'm going to keep working on this until I get sick of looking at hex codes, figure it all out, or go on a shooting spree out of frustration (whichever comes first).

Fido -

Email/PM me - I got a good way down on this effort before running into Real Life, if you want to share notes and see if we could work some of this out.

Kevin
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:47 PM   #18
Fido
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by 3ric
A recruit filter! You are gold!

Thanks, but save that for when the things are done, namely the scouting reports (Textual representation of the each recruits strengths and weaknesses, not just his best and worst attributes).
Old 09-12-2003, 04:48 PM   #19
Fido
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Celeval
Fido -

Email/PM me - I got a good way down on this effort before running into Real Life, if you want to share notes and see if we could work some of this out.

Kevin

PM Sent
Old 09-12-2003, 05:03 PM   #20
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Thank you for your work on this. If you hadn't made it so good in the first place, we would not have kept asking about it. It is a testament to your GREATNESS that we care...and that you have fixed/enhanced it.

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:58 PM   #21
sjshaw
lolzcat

Once again, Fido rules!
Old 09-13-2003, 04:55 PM   #22
Alf
Pro Starter

download underway !
Old 09-16-2003, 09:55 PM   #23
Upstate J
n00b

Should I be looking at my player ratings in "Helper", on in the game. B/C even though it says the report is by the same scout, the overall/future ratings are signif. different in the 2 reports. Help, maybe?
Upstate J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 10:16 PM   #24
Fido
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Upstate J
Should I be looking at my player ratings in "Helper", on in the game. B/C even though it says the report is by the same scout, the overall/future ratings are signif. different in the 2 reports. Help, maybe?

Whenever there is a discrepancy, you should always trust what's in the game. I'm working backwards and making assumptions and guesses, while Jim KNOWS what he's doing.

That said, the overall rating WILL always be different. I have not yet figured out how TCY determines those ratings, so I simply made my own. If you go into Edit...PLayer Ratings, you can specify the weight to give to each player attribute. These weights are then applied to teh individual attributes to determine the overall ratings. This allows me to not have to try to figure out TCYs algorithm and allows you to specify your own formula to determine which players are most valuable to your team.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:54 PM   #25
Upstate J
n00b

Thanks, Fido.

Great Job!!!
Upstate J is offline   Reply With Quote