Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Need to Bow Out

Sorry folks, but work is now busy enough (in a good way) that I cannot reliably get turns in there, and I'm not finding enough free time each night to get turns done at home. As much as I really don't want to, I think I need to give up my teams in FOOL-X and FOOL-H until further notice. If things slow down again, I'll be happy to get back involved, but it's not working at the moment.

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

You'll always have a place here, Greg. Hope things slow down not just for FOOL-sake, but for you to breathe.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
You'll always have a place here, Greg. Hope things slow down not just for FOOL-sake, but for you to breathe.

trust me, I know how the busy work thing goes. They just announced this week that they are laying off 1000 jobs in my company this week. Those who actually get to keep jobs are ending up that much more slammed. Yuck

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It's not THAT bad, it's just that what free time I have goes to the kids, and there isn't much left to check in on the leagues. Work is busy mostly do to promotion, I'm in more of a lead role than I was before (although in this industry that can be a pretty murky definition), so doing more managing and less coding, with more frequent interruptions. So it's all for the good, except for my daily text-sim leagues.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

I'm so happy to hear that it's busy because of a promotion. There are way worse reasons to have to leave, I guess. Same can be said for spending your extra time with the kids (that just makes you a good guy). Good luck with everything. You'll be missed around here!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to see you go, Greg, but the reasons why are completely understandable. Hopefully things will ease up a bit and we'll see you back here some day.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

trust me, I know how the busy work thing goes. They just announced this week that they are laying off 1000 jobs in my company this week. Those who actually get to keep jobs are ending up that much more slammed. Yuck

Alan you gonna be ok?????
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #8
Tasan
College Starter

Ouch. Congrats on the promotion Greg, but sad to see you go. Alan, keep your chin up, man. If things get too nutso there to run things here, just let someone know. I'm sure somebody could step up to run things at least for a little while.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Alan you gonna be ok?????

Oh I'm ok myself (for now)

Luckily I have the rare combination of having great skills plus being willing to work 90 hours a week. I think with all of the hours I end up working, they would be crazy to get rid of me

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Oh I'm ok myself (for now)

Luckily I have the rare combination of having great skills plus being willing to work 90 hours a week. I think with all of the hours I end up working, they would be crazy to get rid of me

lol ok, just wanted to check on ya. Glad that you think your safe for the moment, and I think your right when you work that much, they would be crazy to get rid of you.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote