Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Insurance Review Time!

So, both my homeowner's and auto insurance are up for renewal, so I'm shopping around. Have some very, VERY good quotes from Geico. Poked around a bit through the archives here, found a little bit of old experience info, but was wondering if anyone had any more recent reviews of dealing with claims with those guys (or anybody else).

Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
Subby
lolzcat

We've had GEICO forever and I have been happy with them the whole time. We used their drive-in claims service for the one accident we had and it was extremely efficient.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

My yearly insurance bill just came in. $2750.

Thanks so much for reminding me.

In any case, I have State Farm. Other than the price(which I did to myself), they have been very good. Few times I've dealt with them it was a quick phone call and they handled organizing everything else, all I ask for.

Last edited by jeff061 : 03-09-2010 at 11:13 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
My yearly insurance bill just came in. $2750.

If you didn't live in Massachusetts I'd assume you had a couple of DUIs and a couple dozen speeding tickets.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm currently with State Farm, and their rates are just outrageous at this point. I had one claim eons ago that went smooth, but, well, enough is enough.

Don't mind paying a little extra for knowing the carrier will take care of problems quickly/easily, but there's a limit.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
KWhit
Coordinator

I just had to file a car accident claim with Geico. It could not have gone smoother. They have made the process very easy so far.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
We used their drive-in claims service for the one accident we had and it was extremely efficient.

I had one claim with them (actually, it was on someone else's insurance who also had Geico) and used this. They had my car for 9 weeks, and it still was not right after I got it back. Left Geico for this very reason.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

When I lived in Downstate IL, i Had Erie Insurance and was very happy with them.

I moved to florida and switched to staate farm , yet my insurance is still 2x what it was in il. geico and others were 4x what it was in il
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

had geico they dropped me because I was rear ended by an uninsured motorist.

Now have Liberty Mutual and their rates are literally so low it seems like something is wrong.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
had geico they dropped me because I was rear ended by an uninsured motorist.

Now have Liberty Mutual and their rates are literally so low it seems like something is wrong.

i second liberty mutual.

i have a brand new 2010 mazda 6. full collision (100/300), and comprehensive...$800/yr.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #11
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
My sister has Geico. She was in a wreck a couple of weeks ago that totaled her car and she had to be taken to the hospital. The other driver ran a red light and hit her. The other driver was ticketed. When my sister called the other driver's insurance company (Progressive), she was told that it wasn't a covered event. Now she is waiting to hear back from Geico to see if she is going to have to get an attorney, or if Geico will get things straightened out.

As for me, I've had Allstate for over 15 years with no issues.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #12
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
If you didn't live in Massachusetts I'd assume you had a couple of DUIs and a couple dozen speeding tickets.

No DUIs. Closing in on a dozen ticks . I stopped driving like that after my boss gave me a not so subtle warning after they ran a check on my record(my job is nearly all onsite client work). I hate actually worry about getting pulled over now .

Last edited by jeff061 : 03-09-2010 at 08:21 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #13
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i second liberty mutual.

i have a brand new 2010 mazda 6. full collision (100/300), and comprehensive...$800/yr.

We have full coverage on:
09 Tahoe
05 645Ci
07 F350
full collision (250/500/250) compreheensive and glass

~ $1150/yr
Old 03-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
09 Tahoe
05 645Ci
07 F350

~ $1150/yr

nice!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #15
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
09 Tahoe
05 645Ci
07 F350

~ $1150/yr

How long has your wife been fucking your insurance agent?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

lol
Old 03-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #17
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

LOL kinda the question I asked.

Apparently Liberty Mutual bases a large part on your credit score, and according to the agent, "people with really good scores kinda break the tables that we use"...works for me.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #18
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
LOL kinda the question I asked.

Apparently Liberty Mutual bases a large part on your credit score, and according to the agent, "people with really good scores kinda break the tables that we use"...works for me.

Geez, that is interesting. The one thing is we have Liberty and our Credit score is excellent upper 800s and never got a rate that good. But we did have one or two sppeding tickets and points on ours. .....................Still I might check into the wife thing if I were you non the less
Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 AM   #19
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Geez, that is interesting. The one thing is we have Liberty and our Credit score is excellent upper 800s and never got a rate that good. But we did have one or two sppeding tickets and points on ours. .....................Still I might check into the wife thing if I were you non the less

If he will take her bills (see the tahoe and the 645) he can have her
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #20
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
If he will take her bills (see the tahoe and the 645) he can have her

Well there you go
Old 03-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

'Course, the question with Liberty Mutual (and the question with all these clowns), is more "how big of a pain is it to get paid when you DO have a claim?"

'Cause of course, every insurance agency on the planet is awesome until you want to USE the service you pay for.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #22
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
'Course, the question with Liberty Mutual (and the question with all these clowns), is more "how big of a pain is it to get paid when you DO have a claim?"

'Cause of course, every insurance agency on the planet is awesome until you want to USE the service you pay for.

I checked, and Liberty Mutual got fairly good marks as far as # of complaints against it here in MA. Towards the very top of the bunch based on lowest % of complaints per 1000 customers.

Whereas after the experience I had with Amica as a driver covered under my parents during college* (while my parents had multiple car and a home insurance policy with Amica no less), I wouldn't piss in their mouths if they were dying of dehydration in the desert.

*I rear-ended a woman in an older Volvo. No damage to her steel bumper, but good damage to my lil Dodge Neon. Totally my fault. Got it assessed by Amica. Say it was $1000 worth of damage after deductible (thereabouts). Took it to an Amica-preferred bodyshop, so theoretically they're supposed to deal with the bodyshop and resolve any disputes. Went back to pickup the car...bodyshop guy says "oh it was actually 2x what I estimated." So I go to Amica...Amica refuses to deal with the bodyshop guy at all, saying I have to pay the difference - despite their own papers saying they'd resolve disputes like that if you go to one of their "preferred bodyshops." Then I get the head fraud investigator for Amica calling me and THREATENING me with legal action (because apparently they believe I'm in cahoots with the bodyshop guy trying to weasel $1000 out of them or something?).

Most fucked-up shit ever. Amica can go fuck themselves.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-11-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #23
Cuckoo
College Starter

I'm with Liberty Mutual as well - only about a year or so, though. We had to have our roof replaced on our homeowner policy, which they essentially initiated, and they were excellent with it. Quick to send out the adjuster, and check in no time.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 03-11-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #24
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You guys gotta be sleeping with agents for Liberty Mutual. Jeez.

Early quote I got from one of their reps was 1200 / yr. I'm paying less now with State Farm (and I have no accidents/tickets/anything).