Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #151
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Why do you always elevate things to the "fucking idot" level? What's the deal with your temper? Are you like this in real life?

No temper. You're being arrogant with nothing to be arrogant about.

Quote:
You said:

"I think people like Joe Stack will start becoming the normal because people are generally fed up with the bullshit."

If that's not an affirming statement of this guy I don't know what is.

How exactly is this possible? There are a lot of people disillusioned with the system and Joe may have been the first to just snap. I have stated already that I don't agree with his actions nor do I find his screed groundbreaking. I merely mentioned that I agreed with some of what he wrote period.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #152
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

How exactly is this possible? There are a lot of people disillusioned with the system and Joe may have been the first to just snap. I have stated already that I don't agree with his actions nor do I find his screed groundbreaking. I merely mentioned that I agreed with some of what he wrote period.

What exactly do you think is going to become the "normal" - people fed up with the government acting violently against it? OK, that's a fair and interesting point. It sounded like you were endorsing that when you said it's going to happen because people are "fed up with the bullshit", which made it sound like you think this guy has a great point, and that you can see others acting out violently (and you support that to some degree). Which again, would be an interesting comment. If I read it wrong, fine, I apologize.

Last edited by molson : 02-21-2010 at 01:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #153
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
What exactly do you think is going to become the "normal" - people fed up with the government acting violently against it? OK, that's a fair and interesting point. It sounded like you were endorsing that when you said it's going to happen because people are "fed up with the bullshit", which made it sound like you're going to join in. Which again, would be an interesting comment. If I read it wrong, fine, I apologize.

You interpreted it wrong as that statement was merely an observation of people's tendency to copy cat.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #154
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I love the more slanted politicals forums on this guy.

A lot of left wing sites are calling this guy a crazy teabagger because he opposed taxes.

The right wing sites are calling him a lunatic liberal because he railed against Bush.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #155
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
The right wing sites are calling him a lunatic liberal because he railed against Bush.

His rants against Christianity clearly make him a liberal.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #156
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well, since he attacks both sides he must be a libertarian, or maybe just batshit crazy....
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #157
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Well, since he attacks both sides he must be a libertarian, or maybe just batshit crazy....

...but you repeat yourself
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #158
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

He shoots ... he scores !!!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #159
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Well played
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:13 PM   #160
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Reading the post again, I can see why Molson would say something. Maybe he misinterpreted your post, but you left a lot open to interpretation. The thread was about the terrorist attack on the IRS building. You basically said "I can understand his point of view" and this will become the norm in society.

Now switch scenarios around. Use Timothy McVeigh or Osama Bin Laden instead of Joe Stack. There are a lot of poeple who have similar beliefs whether it be that government is infringing on our lives or that the U.S. should stay out of the Middle East. But after the attacks, if you came out and said "I agree with their views" without saying that the guy is clearly a demented individual with no regard for others, it can be perceived as agreeing with the actions they took, not just what their views were.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #161
SportsDino
College Prospect

In my opinion this guy is a terrorist, and a whack job. I think its pretty obvious the government is hosing us, so its easy to write an anti-government stance and get popular agreement of some kind. Hell, I've written on some of the points this bozo made (although I hope I do a better job of it)... doesn't mean I have to agree with his particular point of view.

In this case, the guy disgusts me because he seems more interested in taking advantage of the system and being caught, than any sort of ideological of ethical objection to the system. He obviously did well enough to buy a plane and a house, or at least acquire the credit to get that junk, so he is hardly an example of someone entirely helpless to do for themself.

In my opinion, if you think the system is screwed, you work to change it, don't just throw yourself at a building and cause devastation and leave other people to supposedly wise up and do the work. Not to message acts of terrorism often degrade whatever message you are promoting, if not rallying the populace to the other side. Only oppression can make truly successful use of fear tactics.

So in short, the guy is another self-entitled consumerist sheep with a violent streak, who managed to string together some words that vaguely resemble real problems with our society... and he died in an act of stupidity as terrible and selfish as his stupid life.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote