Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Will Brett Favre play in the 2010 season?
Yes 15 83.33%
No 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Call It, Friend-O: Will Brett Favre play the 2010 season?

So, Favre is leading the Vikings to a great season, and he's putting up some pretty great numbers. The only question Viking fans need to ask is "What the hell are we gonna do next season?". They could go right back to having a terrible QB situation if Favre decides to go mow his lawn in Mississippi. The thing is though, with all of the retirement talk, he's never actually missed any time.

If he had come back and sucked like he did at the end of his Jets season, I would have guessed this would be his last year. He's playing great, though, who knows?

Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yes!

I mean...No...

Just too tired.

Maybe...naw, no...

Maybe

Never mind...

Okay, camp's done? Yes!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I couldn't decide how to answer the poll. The choices are just too limiting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
miami_fan
Coordinator

I thought he was guaranteed to come back for next season and for the duration of Chlidress's extension? Or are they going to try the "develop a young QB" routine again?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

"They"? There ain't no "they" in Brett Favre.

The Vikes have no decision to make. As long as Favre wants to come back, they'll take him and figure out "young QBs" later when they have to.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bump
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Nope hes done. Great career.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think he *could* play another year. Not sure that he would though. There's no shame in going out in the conference finals.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Nope hes done. Great career.

Why would he retire?

He stayed healthy this year, went to the NFC title game and put up great regular season numbers. They have all the pieces in place for another run next year.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

He could play through 2017 for all I care. Just tell us relatively soon and stick with it, please.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #11
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
He could play through 2017 for all I care. Just tell us relatively soon and stick with it, please.

I'm sure he will let us know by August.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Why would he retire?

He stayed healthy this year, went to the NFC title game and put up great regular season numbers. They have all the pieces in place for another run next year.

I believe he put everything he had into coming back for this one last chance. His wife looked like she was going to cry every time he got hit today.

In listening to his post game presser he loved playing on this team which is one thing that might have him play another year. Im just not getting my hopes up.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #13
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Why would he retire?

Agreed. He's in a perfect situation, can bank another $10-12M (I'm guessing here -- I have no idea how much money he makes), and be in the limelight again. I don't see why he wouldn't give it another go.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Amen
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #15
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

As a Sidney Rice owner in my keeper fantasy football league, I am very hopeful that he does come back.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #16
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Favre is actually due $13M if he comes back next year. Not to mention the at least 2 or 3 times that amount that I'm sure he pulls in from sponsorship deals.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #17
Logan
Head Coach

Wrangers don't pay anywhere near that much.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #18
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

You guys will be happy to know that also in his post game presser he said it would probably be "months" before he made his decision
Old 01-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #19
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Wrangers don't pay anywhere near that much.

How about Sears?
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #20
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
You guys will be happy to know that also in his post game presser he said it would probably be "months" before he made his decision

I learned my lesson last offseason. The solution for me is to simply turn ESPN off and visit their website less often. Going into this season I hated Favre like many people here obviously do, but as the season went along I got to watch a lot of Vikings games and really enjoyed watching him play. I actively avoided the overabundance of Favre love in the media outside of the announcers in the games I was watching and all of a sudden enjoying his play outweighed my annoyance at the media hype. I'll know better this offseason. If he's back next year great, if not, nice career dude!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Why would he retire?

This. Don't see why he would retire, he obviously loves playing the game or he would have stayed retired the past 37 times.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #22
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I learned my lesson last offseason. The solution for me is to simply turn ESPN off and visit their website less often. Going into this season I hated Favre like many people here obviously do, but as the season went along I got to watch a lot of Vikings games and really enjoyed watching him play. I actively avoided the overabundance of Favre love in the media outside of the announcers in the games I was watching and all of a sudden enjoying his play outweighed my annoyance at the media hype. I'll know better this offseason. If he's back next year great, if not, nice career dude!

Well said!

I dont really understand all the hatred for him. When he was with the Packers I respected him as a great player and now with the Vikings I get to watch the great player every week.

If he is a drama queen or a 40 year old QB that can still play the game and is uncertain if he can maintain that level of play and up for debate.

I look at it simply like this. He obviously loves football and doesnt want to give up something he loves unless he has to. When you are 40 years old it has to be a tough decision to make knowing that at any time you will just lose the ability to be a top athlete.

I dont remember the backlash on Jordan when he retired 3 different times.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-25-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #23
bbor
Pro Starter

I hope he comes back....not because i am a Vikings fan,but just because i enjoy watching him play.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #24
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

If he is a drama queen or a 40 year old QB that can still play the game and is uncertain if he can maintain that level of play and up for debate.

He is both. Debate over.

I do hope he returns, though. More superstars and/or larger than life players in the NFL makes the it better, in my opinion.

Last edited by Swaggs : 01-25-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #25
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

He would be a beast in AF1.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #26
larrymcg421
Head Coach

He will be starting QB for USC next year. Don't underestimate Kiffin's ability to skirt the rules.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
He will be starting QB for USC next year. Don't underestimate Kiffin's ability to skirt the rules.

Good thing Carroll's gone then. Favre would never see the field with Barkley around.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #28
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
He would be a beast in AF1.

+1
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #29
Terps
College Prospect

Hopefully he goes home and no one has to hear about him for a long, long time.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #30
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I never have a problem with people coming back from retirement, what drives me nuts about the Favre stuff the last few years is:
a) That he leaves the decision so long that it affects the teams he plays for in negative ways; and
b) The media goes apeshit over the will-he-or-wont-he crap for weeks and I'd get sick of the story even if the dude was my father.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #31
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Right now, I'd bet he's thinking "no" because of the beating (physically) he just took in that game. However, once he gets over all of the bruises I'd expect he starts thinking of it again. After all, the Vikings are only going to be better next year. I still think he'll put of an "official" decision until very late so he can skip training camps again.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #32
Thomkal
Head Coach

If they had made it to the Super Bowl and loss, I think he would come back, but he came back to get to the Super Bowl with a loaded team and didn't make it and got crushed physically and emotionally in his last game. So I lean towards not coming back right now.

However that INT is going to haunt him for a long time and might be the motivation to come back....
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #33
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The Vikings will still have to fight for as much home field as possible and hope any road playoff game is at least in a dome. I really can't imagine a 41 year old QB wants to be playing outdoors in January in the cold.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #34
Sgran
High School Varsity

He'll be back. I did pretty well in ignoring all the favre stuff last offseason and will do so again. do you hear me espn? I won't even click!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #35
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Above all else Brett Favre wants to be loved. He wants management to caress his balls and work the shaft. He wants continued input into playcalling and have some input into personnel decisions. He didn't get all those things with the Packers and got pissy. I believe he will get all 3 things with the Vikings in the offseason and be back.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #36
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Where's my "he'll retire, come back in time for preseason game 1, get hurt during the preseason and retire for good finally" option?