Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ammy plumbing sucks a#@

what time does lowes open in the morning? Got a bit of a mess here, and it may even be my own fault(god forbid).

Should have known that nothing good could happen by trying to finalize installing a pedastal sink at 1am.

Must have wrenched too hard on an old fitting, ffs.

Last edited by stevew : 03-31-2009 at 01:42 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

looks like 6am can't come fast enough. Hopefully they have the compression fitting I need, or im kind of fucked. I can tell the building on this thing was top notch back in the day(not).

At least now once this sink is installed, I won't feel like I have to take a shit in a phone booth anymore.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Anyone want to buy a house for like 85K? Downside is you have to live in BFE, and it needs a lot of work. Upside is you can be in pittsburgh in only 75 minutes, and could theoretically visit pumpy in about 2 hours.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:04 AM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Plumbing is great indeed. My plumbing has gone to crap, and one day not far down the road will have to call in a pro to actually fix things. I may try some stuff myself though I guess. We have had constant problems with the kitchen, it has it's own line that wraps around the house to the line out to the sewer. Yes I know exactly where it goes, because I have dug the whole thing up looking for problems. Right now to keep the headaches down I have the sink drain out into side of the patio until I replace the all of the pipes. Master bath I need to fix the toilet, but that one I think I can do myself. I think a flange with an extender should do the trick. The other bathroom has no sink right now because it takes a week to drain, it is something I have never been able to fix, no snake has ever done the job. Both bathrooms get a clog after their pipes come together about every six months, so everything will start to back up and I need to go to Home Depot to rent a snake.

I hate plumbing as well my friend. Makes me wish I could call a plumber out tomorrow now, but that money is going towards a brand new a/c and heating unit which gets put in tomorrow. That has been another problem every six months but should now go away. Just need to take care of the radiator problem on our second car, replace the drywall in one bathroom, get new insulation for the roof and put it in, and hopefully one day replace the chain link fence with a wood fence. That's just the big stuff, don't get me started on the small stuff. Owning a home and cars is still nice I guess.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Last week my brother had plumbing work done to fix a leak once they jacked up the foundation and leveled the foundation because it was not level from the leak. Well the plumbers found out that all the connections were basically crap after they fixed 4 leaks. When they moved the pipe it would just separate. I'm sure he will sell it for what they owe own it.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 AM   #6
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Stevew, I hate to bring it to this, but your plumbing really stinks.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:29 AM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can only deduce that shut off valves must have only been made of Platinum when this place was built. Must be the reason why there's not one ANYWHERE in this fuckin house. I torqued a fitting too hard last night thahad a minor leak and it was spewing water everywhere. I don't think my wife was happy to wake up then and have to run down and shut off the main water valve in the basement.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think you're right on the platinum shut off valve theory. Our house was seriously lacking in shut off valves when we bought it, but we've finally gotten to the point where every faucet in the house can be shut off independently (I think).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 AM   #9
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Dola

Plumbing sucks.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
spleen1015
Coordinator

If there is one thing about home maintenance that intimidates the shit out of me, it is plumbing.

Good luck, homie.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
If there is one thing about home maintenance that intimidates the shit out of me, it is plumbing.

Good luck, homie.

For me it is electricity. Anytime I am doing anything with it, I shut off all the power to the house. I am decent with plumbing; my sodering might not be the prettiest, but it is solid.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
Tasan
College Starter

Good grief, plumbing has been my nightmare in our house. From water spewing seemingly randomly out of the wall, to a leak that had apparently gone unnoticed for 23 years, we've had nothing but problems in this house with plumbing and water in general. From what I understand, when you buy an old house you get this, but its a bit ridiculous. For all of you potential first time buyers, beware and be prepared to spend some money if you buy a home that isn't a new build, with plumbing probably being the first pit.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 AM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sounds like you're have a bad week, stevew. Hang in there!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:33 AM   #14
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
My plumbing has gone to crap, and one day not far down the road will have to call in a pro to actually fix things.

Before you go with a professional, just eat some Super Colon Blow. Should clear you right up.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #15
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Okay minor bumpage-

I resolved all the issues in this thread. But wanted to say that the Kleer Drain thing works as advertised. It's got CO2 cartridges and it more or less blasts out the problem. My shower had become a minor pain, as it was very slow at draining. One shot with the Kleer Drain, and it's clear as can be. Best 25 bucks I've spent in awhile.

Kleer Drain Instant Drain Opener
Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 AM   #16
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

that thing looks awesome, watching a video on it now. I'm picking one up

Last edited by k0ruptr : 01-22-2010 at 01:02 AM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #17
Drake
assmaster

Best thing my sister-in-law ever did was marry a professional plumber. They've been split up for two years now, but thankfully, I got to keep him in the divorce.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #18
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Did Najeh Davenport ever shit in a phone booth?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Plumbing is not too bad if everything you have is standardized right now. I'm in a house that was built in the 40's so, anytime there is plumbing that needs to be done, it usually involves cutting and refitting so, an easy job turns into 3 hours of work. And our house has no shutoffs either other than the ones we have remounted.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #20
PilotMan
Head Coach

thanks Steve, i read this thread and my toilet starts leaking. Thankfully, it was a quick fix of a water supply line and a fill valve. Please don't start talking about crappy wiring jobs. I am SOL there.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote