Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #401
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Saints -- Colts

Only way the Super Bowl lead up is even watchable.

The East coast media, I'm pretty sure are happy now that the Cardinals and the Chargers are out of it and that Manning and Favre are still in and they have a New York team still in.

I could not believe all of the cock stroking Simms and his booth partner did talking about Sanchez, it just went on and on and on. We're talking about Sanchez here folks, not Joe Montana.

So, I'm going for a Colts/Saints game as well. That way, I won't have to listen to all the adversity that Favre had to overcome during his career and all the memories and look backs on his playing days (which I'm sure Madden masturbates to) and no Sanchez, please, please stop talking about him, he's not that good.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #402
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

While I agree all the pre-game hype would be incredibly annoying if the Vikings were to make it, unless you are forced to watch sports TV or listen to sports talk radio for your job, it's also pretty easy to ignore.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #403
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
While I agree all the pre-game hype would be incredibly annoying if the Vikings were to make it, unless you are forced to watch sports TV or listen to sports talk radio for your job, it's also pretty easy to ignore.

That is very true. Usually all I want to see are the previews for the upcoming match ups. I don't care at all about all the hype or smack talk.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #404
Logan
Head Coach

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #405
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I made it 10 days before I heard anything about last year's Super Bowl and I live in one of the cities that was in it.

It wasn't easy but can be done.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #406
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Excellent point!
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #407
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

I think he violated the San Diego ordinance requiring that everyone be laid back and not care too much about sports.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #408
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

It doesn't seem like he should have been arrested, but he sure was an annoying dickbag.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #409
JediKooter
Coordinator

He was shining a laser into Nate Kaedings eyes.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #410
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hey, here's a thought! It's also pretty amazing what Favre has done at this season. I think I can put up with a few more weeks of hearing about it. Whats 3 more weeks out of the rest of my life lol...

PS I do admit that they do go over board on it, but who really cares.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 01-18-2010 at 03:34 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #411
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I watched without sound, was the guy using a lot of profanity or something?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #412
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
He was shining a laser into Nate Kaedings eyes.

Robert Downey Jr. does it best...

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 01-18-2010 at 06:27 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #413
Front Office Midget
High School Varsity

Quote:

Yes. This is incredibly interesting to me, as I am of the opposite opinion of the majority of this board, apparently. Perhaps it is because I never watch sports TV besides a game or two a week? I don't really watch the buildups or sports media or whatever, ever...

That being said, I think Brett Favre making the Super Bowl with the Vikings would be an incredible story. I think because of "the media", people now hate great stories? Of COURSE they're going to have a field day with it, it's a huge deal if a 40 year old 19th year QB makes the Super Bowl with the team that was his biggest rival for 16 seasons.

I can't believe how jaded people here are. If you can't appreciate a great sports story because of the media, maybe you need to cut down your media consumption.

Not trying to sound as harsh as I do.
Front Office Midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #414
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

What I was trying to say in a nicer way. I am in agreement here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Office Midget View Post
Yes. This is incredibly interesting to me, as I am of the opposite opinion of the majority of this board, apparently. Perhaps it is because I never watch sports TV besides a game or two a week? I don't really watch the buildups or sports media or whatever, ever...

That being said, I think Brett Favre making the Super Bowl with the Vikings would be an incredible story. I think because of "the media", people now hate great stories? Of COURSE they're going to have a field day with it, it's a huge deal if a 40 year old 19th year QB makes the Super Bowl with the team that was his biggest rival for 16 seasons.

I can't believe how jaded people here are. If you can't appreciate a great sports story because of the media, maybe you need to cut down your media consumption.

Not trying to sound as harsh as I do.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #415
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

"Who dat,Who dat Vikings gonna beat dem Saints"

1987 Wildcard round at New Orleans Vkings win 44-10
2000 Divisional Playoff round at New Orleans Vikings win 34-16
2009 Placeholder

Saints fans do the talking prior to the game while the Vikings do the talking on the field.

w/ no disrespect intended for Tigercat as Im sure he isnt one of the fans talking all the $hit before the game is even played.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-18-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #416
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
"Who dat,Who dat Vikings gonna beat dem Saints"

1987 Wildcard round at New Orleans Vkings win 44-10
2000 Divisional Playoff round at New Orleans Vikings win 34-16
2009 Placeholder

Saints fans do the talking prior to the game while the Vikings do the talking on the field.

w/ no disrespect intended for Tigercat as Im sure he isnt one of the fans talking all the $hit before the game is even played.

2 victories over a 22 year span is certainly telling.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #417
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Robert Downey Jr. does it best...

Haha awesome!! Funny movie too.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #418
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
2 victories over a 22 year span is certainly telling.

2 road playoff wins is actually pretty telling with the Saints playoff history.

They have been to the playoffs what 6-7 times and been knocked out at home against the Vikings twice.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #419
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
2 road playoff wins is actually pretty telling with the Saints playoff history.

They have been to the playoffs what 6-7 times and been knocked out at home against the Vikings twice.

Well, I agree that Bobby Hebert and Dalton Hilliard will have a rough time this weekend. I'm not sure why the Saints are bringing them out of retirement for this game, but you're right, they just don't have what it takes to beat the Vikings.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #420
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hey, Dalton Hilliard was the fucking man.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #421
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, I agree that Bobby Hebert and Dalton Hilliard will have a rough time this weekend. I'm not sure why the Saints are bringing them out of retirement for this game, but you're right, they just don't have what it takes to beat the Vikings.

You just wait and see what Chris Doleman and Joey Browner have up their sleeve.

PS I NEVER said they dont have what it takes. I was pointing out the past history of Saints fans talking all week while the Vikings do the talking when it matters.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-18-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #422
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I watched without sound, was the guy using a lot of profanity or something?

Not at all, just doing the Jets chant. Even the Chargers fans were screaming "HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!" at the cops.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #423
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Not at all, just doing the Jets chant. Even the Chargers fans were screaming "HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!" at the cops.

Yeah that was messed up! It didnt appear he was provoking fights or anything

He wasnt using common sense in acting the way he did but there was no reason for him to be arrested unless they were worried about his well being.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #424
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yeah that was messed up! It didnt appear he was provoking fights or anything

He wasnt using common sense in acting the way he did but there was no reason for him to be arrested unless they were worried about his well being.

I saw at the end the guy sitting behind the Jets fans exchanged phone numbers with the woman who was with the arrested guy. I wonder if he was going to file a complaint or be a witness or something.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #425
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Okay, this week just got even longer, but in a good way.

My dad and I have been season ticket holders to the Colts since 87.

Today, we got the letter allowing us to buy Super Bowl tickets. Colts win, and we're going to Miami.

The Colts have to win...and I have to make it through the week without having a heart attack.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #426
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I saw at the end the guy sitting behind the Jets fans exchanged phone numbers with the woman who was with the arrested guy. I wonder if he was going to file a complaint or be a witness or something.

Yea there's already some kind of petition going on.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #427
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You just wait and see what Chris Doleman and Joey Browner have up their sleeve.

PS I NEVER said they dont have what it takes. I was pointing out the past history of Saints fans talking all week while the Vikings do the talking when it matters.

Why are you comparing fans of one team now to the players of another team 9 and 22 years ago? I don't know what kind of talk you're responding to, but maybe your posts would make more sense if you said it to those people instead of us?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #428
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Random Thought:

Guys work 80 hour weeks for years and move from city to city to city and generally bust their ass for the chance to become one of the 32 NFL coaches in the world.

So why is it that Rex Ryan seems to be the only one who actually enjoys the job?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #429
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Why are you comparing fans of one team now to the players of another team 9 and 22 years ago? I don't know what kind of talk you're responding to, but maybe your posts would make more sense if you said it to those people instead of us?

I didnt realize you would take it personally. It wasnt meant for any Saints fan on this board. I mentioned no disrespect to Tigercat as he as always acted very humble and has always been an intelligent fan. I didnt mention others as Im not real sure on who the other Saints fans are in this forum.

What I am talking about is the ESPN/Fox/CBS coverage prior to the games in 87/00. They would interview fans and all Id hear is that "who dat" line over and over to the point it got annoying. Its one thing to be excited about your team doing well its another to use some really annoying line over and over and get your asses handed to you. Media outlets do a horrible job of doing things like this. They made the Saints fans look like an annoying bunch of fans with no clue about football them two particular years.

Sorry, It wasnt meant for you or any Saint fans on this board. Its all about the stupid NFL coverage and how they portray a fanbase.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #430
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I didnt realize you would take it personally. It wasnt meant for any Saints fan on this board. I mentioned no disrespect to Tigercat as he as always acted very humble and has always been an intelligent fan. I didnt mention others as Im not real sure on who the other Saints fans are in this forum.

What I am talking about is the ESPN/Fox/CBS coverage prior to the games in 87/00. They would interview fans and all Id hear is that "who dat" line over and over to the point it got annoying. Its one thing to be excited about your team doing well its another to use some really annoying line over and over and get your asses handed to you. Media outlets do a horrible job of doing things like this. They made the Saints fans look like an annoying bunch of fans with no clue about football them two particular years.

Sorry, It wasnt meant for you or any Saint fans on this board. Its all about the stupid NFL coverage and how they portray a fanbase.

I wasn't taking it personally, and I'm not a Saints fan. I don't really watch national coverage that have fan interviews, and even if I did, I certainly wouldn't remember them 10 and 20 years later. It just sounded like you were responding to something that you assumed everyone knew about, and I'm guessing that everyone else on the forum is like me and doesn't really remember whatever it is you saw, and therefore had no idea what you were talking about -- so it came off like you were just talking shit yourself in one half of your post, while accusing other people of talking shit in the other half.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #431
Masked
College Starter

Quote:

An added bit of info that may explain why the fans and coverage were annoying - both years were special cases - 1987 was the first year the Saints made the playoffs, so the Vikings game was the teams first playoff game. The 2000 game was after the Saints first ever playoff win.

Saints fans fans have had very few chances to celebrate a successful team.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote