Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

"Just Another Halo Victory!..."

Since this is a national and even international board, most of you won't know him, but for those of us in the LA area (and particularly the few Angels fans that might be around), longtime Angels radio broadcaster Rory Markus passed away last night of a heart attack. He was just 54.

The line in the thread title is how he punctuated every Angel win, and became something of a motto/slogan for the fanbase. Basically, no victory was the same without that ending line, pronounced usually just seconds after the last out of a win was recorded.

He also did USC men's basketball, so another hit for USC men's bball as well (and he used to be part of the USC football broadcast team).

He did some work for Fox/11 locally and on Good Day LA.

This sucks. He was one of my favorite broadcasters locally, a really good guy who loved broadcasting for the Angels and for USC. His call of Erstad gloving the winning out in the WS is well-remembered among Angels fans as well.

It would be nice to go a year without a tragic loss in the organization.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-05-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote