Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ping Fantasy Owners: If you had Kurt Warner and won a close game

Check your scores today:

The NFL changed Anquan Boldin's five-yard touchdown pass to a run because the play was a lateral.

Someone somewhere is going to get fucked by this, hope it's no one here.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Of course, anyone who had previously lost because of this was already getting fucked...

Very surprised Brees didn't lose a TD either.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

What is this you you speak of? Real QB's?..I made the playoffs with Fitzpatrick,Edwards and Cassell..I never had that problem because my boys dont throw td's ......lol
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Uncle Briggs
Mascot

We had a guy who missed the playoffs because of the Jones-Drew kneel-down, and now this. This changes who makes the finals in my league. This should make for an interesting weekend.
Uncle Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Briggs View Post
We had a guy who missed the playoffs because of the Jones-Drew kneel-down, and now this. This changes who makes the finals in my league. This should make for an interesting weekend.

How pissed is the guy?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Of course, anyone who had previously lost because of this was already getting fucked...

I have Brees in my league and the guy was pitching a fit about it. Luckily, it came up that based on our scoring, I would have still won by a point.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sadly I had Big Ben and his 500+ yards sitting on the bench this week in favor of Warner-would have won if only I had known Ben was going to do that against Green Bay and not Warner against Detroit. Grumble...

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-24-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This could easily fuck someone with boldin in a PPR league too I'd think. Dunno if the adjustment on his receiving yardage would matter though.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
DanGarion
Coordinator

Yeah it screwed one of the guys in our consolation bracket. He had a chance to win his money back, but not now...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

If they took that back I would have been fucked in my undefeated championship run, thank god they didn't...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
Uncle Briggs
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
How pissed is the guy?

He's not taking it well. Apparently back in the day when you had to figure your own scores, our league had a rule that you had to challenge a score by Tuesday. He's trying to hide behind that. The fact that he is the only one left from that far back and nobody else has ever even seen that rule doesn't seem to bother him.
Uncle Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #12
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I don't recall ever seeing a score changed like that days later. Albeit...three days even. A long time ago (Edit: I'm pretty sure it was 1989) Steve Young had a completion and then fumble play at the end of a half turned into an interception over half time.

It was the last week of the season during our fantasy Superbowl. My opponent (Best friend...best man at my wedding) and I put up huge 150 point scores, which were really extraordinary in our league at that time. He had Steve Young, and Interceptions count as neg three. I won 152 - 151.

Man that was a great day!

Oh not only did that decision cost my friend the Superbowl, it cost Steve Young the record for the highest completion percentage in a season at the time.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 12-25-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #13
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I don't recall ever seeing a score changed like that days later. Albeit...three days even.

Aaron Rodgers gained 12 rushing yards last week (also put into effect on Thursday) due to a play being ruled a sack (which earned the Chicago D more points). It's frequent, just rare for it to be a 4 or 6 point swing. Elias reviews every damn play for statistical accuracy.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #14
wahoomac
Mascot

Just looked today at my Yahoo league (where I was in the championship game) and found out that instead of winning 103-101 last week, I lost 101-96 because of the ruling. I have both Warner and Boldin, but it was enough for me to be relegated to the 3rd place game (I was third in standings before the playoffs anyway). Luckily the scoring ruling didn't affect my team in my for-money league where I am in the championship game as well. Sucks to lose out on a possible matchup with the best team in our league this year for all the marbles, though.