Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Thomkal
Head Coach

PING: Northwestern and/or Georgia HS Football fans

Looks like the local college here, Coastal Carolina, is getting a former Northwestern QB, Harrison Scott to transfer in. He'll be a walkon. He's from Dalton, Georgia and apparently had a pretty good high school career there. Just wondering what you guys might know about him and think his chances might be like here. We haven't had a really good QB here since Tyler Thigpen and he sounds like a Thigpen clone-a dual threat who can pass and run with the ball.

Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

He was a three year starter at Dalton HS, a traditionally good program in NW Georgia and one of the more demanding fan bases in the northern half of the state (football crazy town big time). Bad news was that after getting them to the quarterfinals as a sophomore he was one & done the next two seasons despite having home field advantage. Very minor red flag to me that he left Northwestern & returned home to a community college before transferring to CC.

Here's an local article about him as he prepared to leave for N'western.
The Daily Citizen, Dalton, GA - Column: Scott about to become a different kind of Cat

And here's a highlight reel from his senior season
Old 12-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks so much Jon, that was above and beyond. Here's a link to how our local paper covered it:

Coastal Carolina athletics: Chants will have another QB in fold - Coastal sports - TheSunNews.com

Nice highlight reel, really does look like a Tyler Thigpen type to me. Sounds like from the story in our paper it was a case of homesickness and a bit of cultureshock going from Georgia to Northwestern.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote