Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Question

In my day job I have been doing a lot of iPhone and Android development. How many of you guys have "smart phones" or are purchasing one soon? Would you like to play a game like PureSim Baseball 2 on your phone? If not, would quick access to certain stats from your league be more appropriate?

I have developed some stuff that is on the iPhone App Store (not PureSim-related) and I absolutely love the Google Android platform, which appears to be finally gaining some momentum with Verizon's "Droid" phone.

So, is mobile the next market for niche text sims?

Last edited by Shaun Sullivan : 11-05-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan View Post
In my day job I have been doing a lot of iPhone and Android development. How many of you guys have "smart phones" or are purchasing one soon? Would you like to play a game like PureSim Baseball 2 on your phone? If not, would quick access to certain stats from your league be more appropriate?

I have developed some stuff that is on the iPhone App Store (not PureSim-related) and I absolutely love the Google Android platform, which appears to be finally gaining some momentum with Verizon's "Droid" phone.

I have the iPhone and my most played game is PowerPros right now...I would play a text sim in a heart beat on it.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan View Post

Maybe, especially since the processing power of the newest high end smartphones are beginning to rival low end laptops and netbooks. The screen resolution of some of the new ones (e.g, the Droid and HTC HD2) are pretty high, which means that you can pack more information on the screen than you could on older phones, including even the iPhone.

I myself am getting a Nokia N900, which runs on the Maemo OS. I use its predecessor (the N800) to VNC into my home laptop to play the occasional text sim.

Last edited by Klinglerware : 11-05-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I would absolutely LOVE text sims on the Iphone, I think they would be fantastic on it. just got CM express on it and i love it.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

BTW anyone with an iphone or iPod touch be sure to check out Baseball Superstars 2010 its got text sim and RPG elements, much much better than power pro's imo . probably my favorite game for the platform. really fun!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I have an iPhone and am always on the lookout for a good sim app for it. I'd love to see more good sports sims for the platform...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
Subby
lolzcat

Thinking from a MP perspective - having a BB/iPhone/Droid/smartphone enabled draft utility would do wonders for a lot of these MP drafts.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought jdavidbaker's util worked via mobile web already?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote