Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #301
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The answer about the secret couple was straight garbage. I think even Julie stammered getting the answer out.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #302
Dunleavy
High School JV

once again the HOH disappoints, not the first time this season, or second...

since i'm rooting for the underdog at least i aave the solace of knowing it was grand robbery. and more importantly the POV is more important then HOH
Dunleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:49 AM   #303
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I almost wish there was some way to express my disappointment to CBS about that. It's like they wanted either of the guys to win the HoH.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #304
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

The funny thing about the secret couple is, IIRC from the hours of live feeds that went right through my head, is that Sharon was one of the people who strongly believed there was a another couple. I know for a while it always seemed like James/Josh/Chelsia/Sharon were talking about it. Sharon said no to it though, which surprised me a little.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #305
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I almost wish there was some way to express my disappointment to CBS about that. It's like they wanted either of the guys to win the HoH.

So, the HOH competition was unfair and favored the guys over Sharon?
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #306
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
The question about the hidden couple within the Big Brother House. Julie stuttered, stammered, something with the answer initially; paused, then stated it was true. At least that's how I recall it. Seemed rather 'convenient'...as if the answer could go either way.

Sharon did incredibly screw herself on the minutes question following it, but really shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #307
Dunleavy
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
The funny thing about the secret couple is, IIRC from the hours of live feeds that went right through my head, is that Sharon was one of the people who strongly believed there was a another couple. I know for a while it always seemed like James/Josh/Chelsia/Sharon were talking about it. Sharon said no to it though, which surprised me a little.

the relationship had to be still in the house, so i said no for sure. Ryan was smart in at least giving himself a (long) shot. then when CBS said there was i was shocked and a second later i said "lame"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post

the event was fair but CBS appeared to unfairly give Ryan the last point b/c they really wanted one of the guys to win. the second part is speculation

Last edited by Dunleavy : 04-17-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Dunleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #308
Bad-example
College Starter

Still confuzzled here. Julie flubbed that question and that hurt Sharon somehow?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #309
MikeVic
Head Coach

The answer could've gone either way. The answer that Julie stuck with was bullshit. I think that's what he means.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #310
Bad-example
College Starter

Got it. Not buying it, but I understand.

Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by Bad-example : 04-17-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #311
Bad-example
College Starter

Used my cable's On Demand to go back and look, and I can see how a suspicious mind might think there was a fix in. That was a pretty long hesitation before she answered.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #312
Jas_lov
College Starter

I don't think there was a fix in. With the more dynamic personalities now gone, CBS probably wants Adam and Sheila to make it to the end so they didn't really care who won between Sharon and Ryan. But the issue is that Sharon was correct and there isn't another preexisting relationship in the house. It wasn't a bad question, just a really bad and incorrect answer. It also may affect the end game so I think they should at least tell the houseguests that it was the guinea pigs.

Also, I think the finale will be Sunday the 27th. Julie said there was a live eviction Tuesday and then another one Wednesday. So they'll probably start the endurance part of the final 3 HOH competition after Tuesday nights show, do the 2nd part Wednesday morning and the 3rd on Wednesday night's show.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #313
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

BTW, for those who haven't heard yet. Big Brother 10 is starting July something....in the teens somewhere. They are keeping the same schedule as well, Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday shows. Kind of odd they didn't go back to the normal schedule but no biggie to me.....
Old 04-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #314
Jas_lov
College Starter

POV winner-

Spoiler
Old 04-19-2008, 04:00 AM   #315
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
POV winner-

Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 04-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #316
korme
Go Reds

Ryan puts some trust into Baller and it backfires for him, I believe.

Adam, with all the power in his hands, makes the best move for him. Keeping Sheila means he is probably Top 2, no matter what. I have to think if Sheila wins she takes him (FOR SURE), if Ryan wins he takes him (probably), if he wins HOH I don't know who he keeps.

Plus, I was getting tired of Sharon being so happy go lucky in her speeches, give a little more I mean damn! These 3 wanted the most so I'm glad they are left.

Personally, I think Ryan wins this game if he's top 2.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #317
korme
Go Reds

BTW, why, after reading the spoilers, was it a foregone conclusion Adam was going to do as Ryan was told? He could blow all kinds of smoke up Ryan's ass until Ryan believed him (check), and then once Ryan confirmed he wasn't using the Veto, Ryan no longer had the power, Adam was safe to do what was smartest for him (he did).
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #318
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Ryan has poured it on here at the end, winning a lot of stuff. I have no problem with him wiining the whole thing. Although I do think it would be kind of funny if Adam won HoH and kicked him out. I am not too sure he would do that though, just so hard to tell with him. I think he would rather take Ryan over Sheila though and is just blowing smoke up her ass just incase.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #319
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
BTW, why, after reading the spoilers, was it a foregone conclusion Adam was going to do as Ryan was told? He could blow all kinds of smoke up Ryan's ass until Ryan believed him (check), and then once Ryan confirmed he wasn't using the Veto, Ryan no longer had the power, Adam was safe to do what was smartest for him (he did).

As for this I am a little confused because I have not followed what has been going on 100%, but from what I understand Ryan actually agreed and went along with Adam to kick out Sharon. I am not sure why he did that, but I guess that is how it went down. CBS just edited that out to make it look more serious then it was.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #320
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think Ryan blew it there, he should have put Adam up and let Sharon take him out. Taking Sharon to the Final 2 would have been pratically a guaranteed win for any of the remaining three.

So did Adam backstab Ryan with his vote to keep Sheila instead of Sharon? Ryan didn't seem upset or angry or surprised that Sharon left as I would have expected him to be.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #321
Jas_lov
College Starter

Can anyone deny that Sharon is a disgrace now?

1. With her game possibly on the line, she couldn't have done any worse in the POV competition.

2. Adam wants to make a deal and go to the end with her. He was testing what she say and she FAILED miserably. She said something about talking to Ryan and Adam knew then that she had a deal with Ryan. Isn't she capable of lying? Don't make it obvious that you're with Ryan and don't refuse to shake his hand!

3. Ryan was considering taking Sharon off the block to get rid of Sheila like he wanted because he didn't trust Adam. But Sharon was insistent on getting Adam out. LIE! Say you want Sheila out to get off the block and 100% safety and then vote Adam out if you want. What an idiot.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #322
Jas_lov
College Starter

Ryan agreed to get rid of Sharon after they were told what the HOH competition was. They thought they'd have a better shot against the old lady. Ryan did make it seem like Adam was the one who flipped and that's good for him. Also, Adam agreed to throw the 1st part of the HOH to Ryan once Sheila was out. The 1st 2 parts of the HOH have actually been played already and here are the results:

Spoiler
Old 04-23-2008, 12:51 AM   #323
korme
Go Reds

Spoiler
Old 04-23-2008, 12:53 AM   #324
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Ryan agreed to get rid of Sharon after they were told what the HOH competition was. They thought they'd have a better shot against the old lady. Ryan did make it seem like Adam was the one who flipped and that's good for him. Also, Adam agreed to throw the 1st part of the HOH to Ryan once Sheila was out. The 1st 2 parts of the HOH have actually been played already and here are the results:

Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 04-23-2008, 01:02 AM   #325
korme
Go Reds

Spoiler
Old 04-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #326
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Spoiler

I think that spoiler tags could have been left off of that one. Sheila says the same crap over and over. In fact she says things two times in a row usually. "Are you kidding me? Are you frickin' kidding me?"

SHe is annoying as hell.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:14 AM   #327
Jas_lov
College Starter

"You know what, I'm not a frickin charity case! Know that!" She says the same things over and over. Natalie did a good impression of her. You can't blame Sheila for trying though. She knows Adam has a soft spot. I wouldn't expect her to just roll over and die.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:21 AM   #328
korme
Go Reds

Yea but at one point it goes from pity to straight up annoyance and we've reached that point. You always hear Adam saying "I know" when Sheila is talking bc he doesn't want to hear the same shit anymore.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #329
MikeVic
Head Coach

I can't believe I'm stuck with this guy.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #330
Thomkal
Head Coach

man I don't understand Ryan taking Adam over Sheila at all. She was perhaps the worse contestant in the challenges in Big Brother history and annoyed everybody in the house at one point or another. And Sheila will definitely will vote for Adam, whereas Adam still may have voted for Ryan.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #331
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Ryan also doesn't know he is screwed over with Sharon possibly, because of "the look" she saw between Adam and Ryan on the video of her being evicted. I say Adam wins this. Sheila, James, probably Sharon now, and all he needs is Josh or Chelsia for the win.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #332
korme
Go Reds

You have to think that Ryan played the best game though, if you vote like a rational human being.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #333
Jas_lov
College Starter

What? Ryan and Adam were working together this whole time? Who knew? LOL! I like how the people in the jury house thought they had made some big discovery. If Ryan was really working with Sharon and not with Adam, he wouldn't have nominated Sharon! I was reminded why those idiots are sitting in the jury house.

Ryan should win, but Adam probably will win. Ryan had secret deals going and always had a backup plan. Team Pink just never won anything so it never came into play. Maybe the jury will give it to Ryan after his dominance down the stretch and Adam's lack of a backbone. I think it goes 4-3. Chelsia, Sharon, and Josh for Ryan. He just needs one more and I don't know if he'll get it.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #334
Bad-example
College Starter

Ryan owned the game in a way that Adam clearly didn't. I am guessing that all the comp victories will carry enough weight in the jury house to push Ryan over the top.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #335
Jas_lov
College Starter

Adam winning is ok I guess, but I think most of the jury didn't even take gameplay into consideration. Ryan had a lot of things going against him that didn't involve his gameplay- Adam is just more likeable, Jen is despised, Adam was giving money to a good cause, Ryan already won money and luxury comps during the game.

Judging by things the jury said, I think Ryan would have lost to Sheila as well. Natalie was right, his only chance to win was against her and Ryan never should have voted Natalie out. The finale itself wasn't very good. It needs to be longer so we hear more from the contestants like Survivor does. Jen's boobs were nice though.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #336
MikeVic
Head Coach

Go A-Baller! I'm surprised he got so many votes, but happy. Hopefully he actually carries through what he said he was gonna do. I wonder how he reacts when he finds out he was fired though.

Jen's top was nice though I agree.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #337
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats Ryan you picked the only person out of the final five that you could lose to to go to the Final 2 with you! Didn't really like the results show this time around, it felt very rushed and they barely talked with most of the contestants.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #338
korme
Go Reds

I loved the montage where Julie is speaking over the video and she says "there was romance"... so we see Chels/James makin out, Ryan/Jen goin at it, and then Chatty kissing Matts cheek and he says "Natalie get away from me"
Old 04-28-2008, 10:29 PM   #339
Bad-example
College Starter

I think Ryan screwed up on the "what will you do with the money" question so badly it killed any chance he had. It seemed he hadn't planned on having to talk about the subject at all. He mentioned helping his mom but then talked about Jen and he was sunk at that point. He mumbled something about donating to a charity but he was clearly in bullshit mode by then. It went over poorly in the jury and cost him any chance to win.

The general dislike of Jen plus all the luxury comp wins were handicap enough without coming off like a backstabbing idiot when facing down the jurors.

I do think it is cool that the two guys that sat around playing chess every day ended up ruling the house.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #340
Bad-example
College Starter

Nice work there, baller.

Quote:
The winner of reality TV show "Big Brother" has confessed to using his $500,000 prize to buy thousands of oxycodone pills and resell them, authorities said.

Adam Jasinski, 31, of Delray Beach, Fla., has been charged with attempting to sell 2,000 pills in Massachusetts to a government witness.

Federal prosecutors said Jasinski was arrested Saturday after he flew to Boston and showed the witness a sock containing two plastic bags filled with oxycodone, a powerful painkiller that is a popular street drug because of its euphoric effects.

As agents tried to arrest Jasinski at a strip mall in North Reading, he struggled and threw the sock under a car parked nearby, Todd Prough, a special agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration, said in an affidavit filed in court.

Jasinski won $500,000 last year on the CBS reality show in which contestants live under constant surveillance and vote once a week to evict each other in hopes of becoming the last houseguest standing and winning the grand prize.

Prough said in the affidavit that Jasinski told him that he has been using his winnings to buy thousands of oxycodone pills and has been reselling them along the East Coast for the past several months.

Jasinski's lawyer, Valerie Carter, did not immediately return a call Tuesday.

He faces a maximum of 20 years in prison and a $1 million fine on a charge of possession

'Big Brother' winner accused of selling oxycodone
Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #341
MikeVic
Head Coach

What the hell, he seemed like a smart guy on the show.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #342
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
What the hell, he seemed like a smart guy on the show.

If by smart, you mean 'box of rocks' smart, then I agree with you.

Otherwise, not so much.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #343
MikeVic
Head Coach

They had that little thing about him during one of the last episodes that made him seem like he'd have a high IQ, just acts like an idiot. I can't be the only one that got that impression out of that episode?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #344
Thomkal
Head Coach

well I guess he won't be back for Big Brother-All Stars then. At least he'll have the BB experience of being "imprisoned" in a House for a few months to get him prepared for jail. What a freaking waste.