Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2003, 06:27 AM   #1
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Ah, those crazy Canadian dog humpers

http://www.whitehorsestar.com/storyDetail.lasso?r=46607

Whitehorse family pet at centre of rare charge
by Sarah Elizabeth Brown
A Whitehorse Star Archive story originally published August 19, 2003

A family dog is at the centre of an unusual charge after a B.C. man visiting the territory was accused of sex crimes against his hosts’ pet.
Whitehorse RCMP were called at about 5:00 Monday morning by a local resident. The B.C. man had been staying at the Riverdale home briefly as a guest, Staff Sgt. Ray Fast said this morning.
The dog the man is accused of assaulting is a family pet.
The man is a casual acquaintance of the local residents, and isn’t a relative, he added.
Officers found the suspect driving away from the home and discovered he was under the influence of alcohol.
James Allen Chase, 53, of Kelowna, B.C., made his first court appearance Monday afternoon.
He was released from custody and is scheduled to be back in court Wednesday morning to elect which level of court in which he’ll be tried. He’s charged with bestiality, impaired driving and driving over the legal blood alcohol limit.
Meanwhile, Porter Creek residents should be on the lookout for car burglars after several unlocked vehicles were rummaged through and liberated of some of their contents.
Nothing was taken from one unlocked car parked on Fir Street, but CDs and a disposable camera are missing from one vehicle on Elm Street. That break-in happened some time between 11 p.m. last Friday and noon Saturday.
Two other vehicles on Elm Street — at least one of which was parked in a driveway — had also been rifled through. Items such as CDs and a minor amount of cash were taken while other items were found scattered through the neighbourhood.
Police are warning against the dangers of seemingly harmless pranks after a Porter Creek man opened his front door to find a burning bag of manure early this morning.
The Oak Street resident was awakened by the door bell at about midnight, only to discover the burning waste. In this case, the door mat was scorched, but the consequences could have been lethal if the fire hadn’t been put out, said Fast.
A Nisutlin Drive home in Riverdale was broken into in broad daylight Monday. The door had been forced open and thieves made off with a DVD player, videos, a Playstation and video games.
The break-in took place between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.
In the Granger subdivision, a Turner Crescent home is missing an X-Box video game system, a gym bag full of clothes and a backpack loaded with school supplies. There were no signs of forced entry.
Builder’s Supplyland is short one cash register after someone forced the Baxter Street business’s door open over Sunday night.
It’s unknown how much money was in the register, said Fast. The break-in was discovered Monday morning and had occurred since 5 p.m. Sunday.
Police are still looking for a red Ford half-tonne truck after it was stolen from a Riverdale residence Thursday night.
The 1989 truck was left unlocked with the keys inside. It bears a Yukon licence plate of FO393.
A young local woman lost control of her car and took out a few fence posts early Sunday morning.
Her 1986 Chevrolet Cavalier hit the posts and a fire hydrant to boot at about 1 a.m. in the 1600-block of Centennial Street in Porter Creek.
Alcohol may have been a factor, though the driver didn’t blow over the legal limit, Fast said.
The 18-year-old was handed a 24-hour roadside suspension and is being investigated, possibly on charges of driving without due care and attention.

Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:02 AM   #2
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

After reading that story I can say that clearly the dog was flirting with the guy. She wanted it.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:50 AM   #3
mckerney
Coordinator

Are all stories in Canadian newspapers such incoherent rambling?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:04 AM   #4
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Are all stories in Canadian newspapers such incoherent rambling?

I can't say for all the newspapers and all the stories, maybe they are, but you do know how far and how big Whitehorse is, right? It's not exactly Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver...

FM
Old 08-21-2003, 08:07 AM   #5
mckerney
Coordinator

I'm not familiar with Whitehorse, but the woman who wrote this didn't finish one thought before going on to another.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:14 AM   #6
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

OK, it sounds bad, but the dog had just broken up with its boyfriend and also once tried out for American Idol, so...
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 11:54 AM   #7
Blade
College Prospect

Crap...I am going to Whitehorse in just under a month...just what I did not need to know about the sub-culture!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:08 PM   #8
Franklinnoble
Banned

Yes, but will he call the dog in the morning?
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:10 PM   #9
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm a Labrador and I'm okay....
Old 08-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #10
bbor
Pro Starter

Talk about Hair of the dog.....

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:38 PM   #11
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
Yes, but will he call the dog in the morning?

Definitely wait two days to call.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:41 PM   #12
vex
Grizzled Veteran

"Alcohol may have been a factor, though the driver didn’t blow over the legal limit, Fast said."

What is the legal limit for blowing anyways in Whitehorse?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:43 PM   #13
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid
What is the legal limit for blowing anyways in Whitehorse?

What's the legal limit for writing a newspaper article in Whitehorse?
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 01:46 PM   #14
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

So, does this explain what happened to Maurice Clarett?