Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How often do you switch out your razor blades?
Every Day 0 0%
Every 2-3 Days 4 4.04%
Every 4-7 Days 6 6.06%
Every 7-14 Days 10 10.10%
Every 14-21 Days 21 21.21%
Every 21 Days to a Month 45 45.45%
I Don't Shave Yet 1 1.01%
Electric Razors need to switch out the blades? 12 12.12%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #51
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I was just thinking about this the other day. I'd say I switch blades every three or four weeks. I use an electric sometimes, too, but I find that it doesn't give as close of a shave. I've been thinking of picking up a quality electric like the Remington MS2-390 because I saw it Consumer Reports gave it a good score. Can anyone recommend a good electric in that price range ($40-$100)?

Can't recall exactly what the price was, but I'm pretty sure when I bought it it was within your above range:

hxxp://www.remington-products.com/mensshavers/fs_ms2-390.htm

Had it probably a year or so, best one I've ever had.

JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #52
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
*DOLA*
Why the hell would anyone want a vibrating razor?
Ive never used one but it seems like a bad idea.

(and Im talking about the Mach 3 dildo model not the electrics)
Frankly, a dildo is better when it vibrates. I didn't know that until my wife exchanged my anniversary gift to her three years in a row.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #53
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Shave daily with a Mach 3.
Rinse the blade in alcohol after each use (same principal as the hair dryer but doesnt ruin the rubber strip) I can consistently get 3 months out of a blade.

Hair Cut every other Monday

Just normal rubbing alcohol?

I have to replace my Mach III blades every 3 days. I have to shave twice back to back each morning, and by 3pm I need to shave again. It is costing me thousands. Sad thing is, my skin hurts because it is so sensitive. Cursed.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #54
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I usually do every 2-3 weeks, at the same time I change my contact lenses (it's a convenient point to remember). I shave my legs ~3 times per week, using Skintimate shave gel.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #55
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Just normal rubbing alcohol?

I have to replace my Mach III blades every 3 days. I have to shave twice back to back each morning, and by 3pm I need to shave again. It is costing me thousands. Sad thing is, my skin hurts because it is so sensitive. Cursed.

Yep...normal alcohol.
The principal is, supposedly the razor doesnt dull from hair but from water sitting on the exposed edge and causing rust/oxidation and pitting the metal. So you can blow your razor dry, but it messes up thee rubber strip and wakes the wife at 4AM, or you can just dump some alcohol on there to evaporate the H2O
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #56
Groundhog
Coordinator

I can sometimes go maybe a three weeks to a month before changing my mach 3 blades.

I tried the quatro the other day, man, for some reason it gave me a terrible shave - 30 minutes after finishing I could feel and see stubble, and I'm not really all that hairy.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #57
airulf
H.S. Freshman Team

I just read about a new product hitting the market in Denmark just now.

It is called a "Razorpit".

It is invented by a Danish engineer. He wondered what made blades go dull so quick. He found out, that the blade was fine, but a layer of hair, skin and soap caused the blade to become dull.

He then invented this razorpit thing. Basically it is a piece of silicone. You put a little soap on in and then rub the razor on it, in the opposite direction of when you shave. The soft silicone then makes contact with the blade and remove the layers from it.

The razorpit is formed, so that it also can be used as the holder for your razor.

The razorpit should increase life of razorblades, so it would last for 150 shaves. The razorpit it self is also made of materials that you can recycle.

I haven't been able to find any articles in english, but it is hitting the market in Denmark right now.

When the product will be available in The US, Europe and the rest of the world is not known.

In Denmark it costs Dkr 169 $25-30.

http://www.razorpit.com/ (in Danish)

Last edited by airulf : 11-15-2008 at 08:24 AM.
airulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #58
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
After shaving, I blow-dry my razor to prolong its life ... it works for me.

clarkhoward.com - Save more, spend less and avoid rip-offs

I've been doing this since I read this post and it's been working really well. However, I see now that if I had read FURTHER, rubbing alcohol seems to work even better and w/o destroying the moisture strip.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #59
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've been using the same fusion blade for like...maybe two months? it's phenomenal. but it's definately time to change it.

i got my dad a little $20 "razor sharpener" thing ("as seen on tv") for father's day that claims to get you 200 shaves with the same razor blade - he said he used it and it works well but i'm not sure...will try for myself
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airulf View Post
I just read about a new product hitting the market in Denmark just now.

It is called a "Razorpit".

It is invented by a Danish engineer. He wondered what made blades go dull so quick. He found out, that the blade was fine, but a layer of hair, skin and soap caused the blade to become dull.

He then invented this razorpit thing. Basically it is a piece of silicone. You put a little soap on in and then rub the razor on it, in the opposite direction of when you shave. The soft silicone then makes contact with the blade and remove the layers from it.

The razorpit is formed, so that it also can be used as the holder for your razor.

The razorpit should increase life of razorblades, so it would last for 150 shaves. The razorpit it self is also made of materials that you can recycle.

I haven't been able to find any articles in english, but it is hitting the market in Denmark right now.

When the product will be available in The US, Europe and the rest of the world is not known.

In Denmark it costs Dkr 169 $25-30.

RazorPit - Den patenterede verdensnyhed (in Danish)

can't you buy a bunch and ship them over here to us? that'd be real helpful

ohhh - just noticed the date on this post. oh well...lol

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-06-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #61
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

I use the Mach 3 as well and shave pretty much every day.

I get about two months out of each blade and just change it out when the white strip is gone.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #62
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
can't you buy a bunch and ship them over here to us? that'd be real helpful

ohhh - just noticed the date on this post. oh well...lol

http://www.razorpit.com/shopping_cart.html

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #63
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i've been using the same fusion blade for like...maybe two months? it's phenomenal. but it's definately time to change it.

i got my dad a little $20 "razor sharpener" thing ("as seen on tv") for father's day that claims to get you 200 shaves with the same razor blade - he said he used it and it works well but i'm not sure...will try for myself

I'm curious now that we're a little after the fact or some mentions in this thread, if people have tried this or the alcohol trick or anything else to squeeze more life out of their razors. What has worked or what hasn't?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #64
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I shave twice a week and change the blade maybe once a month. My wife bought me a Gillette Fusion for Christmas but I have not opened it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #65
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I keep meaning to bump this thread as well -- I've been doing the alcohol trick mentioned earlier and it has dramatically increased the life of my blades.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #66
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Do you just pour it on there or use something like a q-trip to swab it?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #67
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I'm curious now that we're a little after the fact or some mentions in this thread, if people have tried this or the alcohol trick or anything else to squeeze more life out of their razors. What has worked or what hasn't?

SI

i haven't been using alcohol but i've been patting it dry. may pick up some rubbing alcohol but also want to try the sharpener thing
Old 07-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #68
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Do you just pour it on there or use something like a q-trip to swab it?

SI

I just pour it over it, but I don't know what others do. A q-tip seems like an overly tedious process. The point of the alcohol, I believe, is to neatly dry off the water.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #69
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I Don't Shave Yet 1 1.14%

sup shorty!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #70
Schmidty
Coordinator

The Quattro is the first razor that didn't tear my face to ribbons. I've been using it for like 3-4 years. I wouldn't even try anything else.

As far as electric razors- I tried one for a couple weeks years ago, and I got such a rash from the metal, I looked likean apple.

Last edited by Schmidty : 07-06-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #71
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
The Quattro is the first razor that didn't tear my face to ribbons. I've been using it for like 3-4 years. I wouldn't even try anything else.

As far as electric razors- I tried one for a couple weeks years ago, and I got such a rash from the metal, I looked likean apple.

I liked the Quattro, but I like the Fusion even better. Didn't like Mach 3. Apples have rashes...? Maybe you should ask your sister for some help?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #72
StLee
High School Varsity

I can't vote in this poll, either, since I haven't changed my razor blade in at least six months. It isn't as sharp as it once was, obviously, but I usually shave every 2-3 days, depending on what I have going on, and it works fine. Also to add, I have a mustache and goatee, so I don't have as big or rough of an area to shave.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #73
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I use a Braun Pulsonic and it was the best shaving purchase I ever made. Use it every day and will change the cutting block at 18 months as suggested. It is the only electric that I have had where I don't EVER need a razor for spots the electrics don't get well.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote