Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Good news for Detroit radio: Drew & Mike are back

This is big. I dunno who even knows who they are but they dominated Detroit morning radio for a long, long time, and had a split nearly two years ago that seemed pretty ugly but now on July 13th they're back together.

This is one of those where you never thought they'd get back together if you ask me. Though as Drew wasn't back on the air by now it seemed possible, just not likely.

He is probably getting a big chunk of change for this. He left nearly 2 mil on the table when he left apparently because he was sick of mornings and his fiance had breast cancer.

Anyway, for the people who know of D&M, there ya go. And for Pumpy... Colin White.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just read about this on Detroit News.com.

It's very good news. Ever since WDFN went off the air, WRIF (and NPR during commercials) is really the only station I listen to in the morning. It's definitely better with both of them.

I guess WDFN has a local morning show nowadays, but I really can't stand Matt Sheppard. He's annoying, boring and not at all funny or interesting.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Since we're kind of on the topic...

As far as the afternoon (more like evenings really) drive home, I pretty much stick to The Ticket (and, again, NPR during commercials). I enjoy Valente and Foster quite a bit, but I usually don't leave work until after they're off the air. The other guys on the station, like Caputo and Fithian, are average at best. Their mornings guys (Jay & Bob?) are simply attrocious.

Every once in a while I flip on WDFN to listen to one of the nationally syndicated shows. They air the "Petros & Money" show in the afternoons/evening. My god, I have never heard anything as awful as that show. Not only are they loud and annoying, balthery and don't really talk about anything, that Petros guy has one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard. I can stand about 45 seconds or so before I have to change it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Not only are they loud and annoying, balthery and don't really talk about anything, that Petros guy has one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard. I can stand about 45 seconds or so before I have to change it.

Petros Papadekis is still probably the most listenable guy on 570 KLAC (which is apparently what Fox is using for national syndication, as basically all of the shows that were on the radio when I was in CA get syndicated on 1440 WNFL out here).

I don't mind Petros, really. He's loud, abrasive, but seems like a guy who put his student-athlete years to good use at USC.

Vic "The Brick" Jacobs needs somebody to stab him in the face for the good of radio listeners everywhere, though. Jesus.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Petros Papadekis is still probably the most listenable guy on 570 KLAC (which is apparently what Fox is using for national syndication, as basically all of the shows that were on the radio when I was in CA get syndicated on 1440 WNFL out here).

I don't mind Petros, really. He's loud, abrasive, but seems like a guy who put his student-athlete years to good use at USC.

The most listenable? Ouch. That's awful.

I have a hard time really comprehending what he's saying because his voice offends me so. It's like nails on a chalkboard type situation.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The most listenable? Ouch. That's awful.

I have a hard time really comprehending what he's saying because his voice offends me so. It's like nails on a chalkboard type situation.

Yeah, I can see that. Nobody else on that station has any personality, though. Money mostly follows Petros' lead, I couldn't even tell you who works with Vic, because his New Age bullshit forces me to change the station within just a minute or two of hearing it.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote