Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Denis Leary Roast Is On Now

on Comedy Central. I always forget to watch these year after year, and always kick myself in the nads when I realize I missed it.

I guess they're safe this year.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:45 PM   #2
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Nothing will top the Jerry Stiller roast. Kevin James got up and said Florence Henderson, who was in attendance, was the oldest person he'd like to fuck. "I'm not kidding. I will fuck her."
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:34 AM   #3
JHandley
High School Varsity

That priest was hilarious.

"The bill collectior called and said they haven't recieved your final payment and I said, Oh yes, you have"

Good Times
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:59 AM   #4
SuburbanPimp
Mascot

the hugh hefner roast. when gilbert godfried gets up and rips off ice-t's material...i will forever laugh so hard to the point where i get tears in my eyes.

it's a shame that comedy central is not hooking up with the NY friars club anymore (but after the lame chevy chase one last year, can you blame them?). it was cool to see jeffrey ross rip everyone a new one, and i would've loved to hear what he thought about hosting that lame mtv roast for trl boy.

good stuff this year, thankfully.

Opening Acts: Ben McDonald's Gopher Ball Band, The Disabled List (feat. David Segui & Glenn Davis), The CAL-VINE! Tribute Band, plus a cast of dozens!!

FINAL RECORD: 78-84. I think we're getting there. Now, it's time to get some pitching over the winter.

FEAR MIGGY & THE ORIOLE IN 2005, BABY!!
SuburbanPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:51 AM   #5
Ksyrup

No, no, no...the best line ever was a running joke through one of the original couple of roasts. I forget who was roasted, but someone early in the evening made a comment that "he wouldn't fuck Dr. Ruth's pussy with [some guy's] dick."

Later in the show, Sandra Bernhardt got up and sang Magic Man (to Jerry Stiller? Maybe it was the same roast...) to the guy being roasted, at which point Jeffrey Ross got up and said, almost verbatim, "Sandra Bernhardt, ladies and gentlemen...what the fuck was THAT? I wouldn't fuck Sandra Bernhardt's pussy with Bea Arthur's dick!"

And Bea Arthur was in attendence. Now THAT was comedy gold.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-11-2003, 06:53 AM   #6
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally posted by SuburbanPimp
it's a shame that comedy central is not hooking up with the NY friars club anymore (but after the lame chevy chase one last year, can you blame them?). it was cool to see jeffrey ross rip everyone a new one, and i would've loved to hear what he thought about hosting that lame mtv roast for trl boy.

good stuff this year, thankfully.

Is that why none of the geezers were there? I didn't even notice the NY Friar's Club was missing, except for the fact that the audience's age was decreased by about 25 years.

Funniest moment of last night was when Dr. Dre and Ed Lover welcomed Kiefer Sutherland, Liz Hurley, and the "ambiguously gay guy" she brought as her date. That was fucking hilarious. Poor guy.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #7
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
No, no, no...the best line ever was a running joke through one of the original couple of roasts. I forget who was roasted, but someone early in the evening made a comment that "he wouldn't fuck Dr. Ruth's pussy with [some guy's] dick."

Later in the show, Sandra Bernhardt got up and sang Magic Man (to Jerry Stiller? Maybe it was the same roast...) to the guy being roasted, at which point Jeffrey Ross got up and said, almost verbatim, "Sandra Bernhardt, ladies and gentlemen...what the fuck was THAT? I wouldn't fuck Sandra Bernhardt's pussy with Bea Arthur's dick!"

The joke got some play on Leary's roast too...forget whose dick it was, but it wasn't as funny as the Bea Arthur crack.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 09:40 AM   #8
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup

That may be the funniest thing I'd ever seen on TV. Especially when they cut to Bea Arthur sitting there.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:43 AM   #9
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally posted by NoMyths
Bea Arthur's crack

::shudder::
Old 08-11-2003, 11:44 AM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

lol

"Denis Leary looks like Sting with AIDS"

that was priceless.

Another good line from the preist..

"So a priest, a rapist and a peophile walk into a bar.. And that was just the first guy"

then after they cut to Liz Hurley and you can see her ask "Is that a real preist", Denis says yes I assume, because she goes "Wow"
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #11
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
why couldn't they have just set Denis Leary on fire?
Old 08-11-2003, 01:20 PM   #12
Butter
Coordinator

Unfortunately, I think he's flame-retardant.

Last edited by Butter : 08-11-2003 at 01:20 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:23 PM   #13
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I wonder if he parks his flame-retardant car in flame-retardant spaces while other flame-retardant people make flame-retardant faces?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:28 PM   #14
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Fidatelo
I wonder if he parks his flame-retardant car in flame-retardant spaces while other flame-retardant people make flame-retardant faces?

Old 08-12-2003, 09:41 AM   #15
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I watched the first half of the Denis Leary roast and was pretty disappointed. Hadn't realized that the New York Friar's Club was missing, but now that it's been mentioned, I'm convinced that Alan King, Jeffrey Ross, and the others are necessary to make any future Comedy Central roasts worth watching.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:17 AM   #16
Ksyrup

It wasn't as good as some of the others, but I agree that Jeffrey Ross is essential to making the future roasts funny. Alan King...not so much.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:33 AM   #17
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I also thought Leary's speech at the end was a bit... well... not as happy as other people who had been roasted. Of course Leary always comes off as pissed, but he seemed REALLY pissed.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #18
Ksyrup

I think that was just part of the act. At least, that's how I perceived it.

There are times when I wish I was able to say extraordinarily mean things to people, and have them refuse to believe any of them are true. How great would that be?